[Theme][Metamorph] Buuf CM/Dwang/TheOfficial/manup Eclair 01/14/10

Search This thread

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
G1

wen i flash it,it goes 2 the android screen and then it jus turns black aqnd it doesnt load at all

Hmm are you putting it on to a freshly installed rom or on an existing rom? I would give fix_permissions a try from adb see if that does the trick if not the best i can say to try is run a backup and try and flash it onto a fresh copy of cm. All my testing is done on clean install old installs can be unpredictable.

Just a note if you haven't given it a good 2 - 5 min to boot i would leave it for a few min. I know on my phone it can take a while depending on the amount of time i have flash over the same rom. I would also check to make sure that you are running 4.1.9999 and not 4.1.999 I though I had flashed it up but form some reason the package didn't flash the first time round and was still running 4.1.999 so give that a check, Of course it was my fault for not paying attention and reflashing 4.1.999.

Has anyone else had problem with a G1 or is this a freak occurrence?

Last edited:

atkingeddie

Aug 22, 2009
the market and gmail and other google apps dont have their buuf icons and also the market wont download anything for the g1.......4.1999

zerowx5

Sep 1, 2007
this is correct

the market and gmail and other google apps dont have their buuf icons and also the market wont download anything for the g1.......4.1999

this is why com.google.gapps is causing me big issue since i cannot download screenshot app off market nor can i update my contacts via gmail so im gonna reload cm 4.1.9999 install screen shot app so i can show you whats going on:eek:

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
google apps

I don't include the Google Binaries. They are non distributable apks sadly there is no way to change the icons with out including them that I know of. I am going to work on this problem and see if i can get those icons out in later release without having to include apks and worrying about Google licenses. If you would like to build these apks with custom icon i will package up the icons need to get them up and running.

As for the market I don't include those apps so i don't believe the download problem has to do with this theme.

Last edited:

lothos88

Oct 20, 2009

Same thing happening to me on my G1 (market won't download, get stuck at "starting download"). Tried reflashing CM-4.1.9999 but didn't help anything, gapps still crashes at startup. Ended up having to reload my backup image (luckily had done so just a few hours before loading this theme).

I really like the look of this theme and it runs super smooth which is why I really want to use it. Hopefully can figure out what the problem is.

Last edited:

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
Would love to see this on enomthers asoap.
Was thinking of flashing back but am getting to lazy!
Enoms rom is faster and smoother. Port this over and ill be flashin!

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
Same thing happening to me on my G1 (market won't download, get stuck at "starting download"). Tried reflashing CM-4.1.9999 but didn't help anything, gapps still crashes at startup. Ended up having to reload my backup image (luckily had done so just a few hours before loading this theme).

I really like the look of this theme and it runs super smooth which is why I really want to use it. Hopefully can figure out what the problem is.

I have had this happen to my by loging into 2 different gmail accounts with the same phone and different roms. Google associates you phone with your account so if you login form one account to another it will cause this problem. The other possibility is a documented market bug. I fixed this problem my running the initial setup on my phone to the original Gmail account.

Last edited:

LaNsLyDe

Jun 1, 2009
Chicago

same problem =(

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
G1

I just did a fresh install CM 4.1.9999 and Buuf icon set and I am not having any of the problem described. Sadly I can only test it on a MyTouch I do not have a G1 to build on. Market works fine. No force closes and running smooth and fast. I don't know what to say. For those of you having problem I can only recommend a fresh flash of CM from the ground up. I am in the IRC channel if you want live help. Freenode #XDA-Devs PM me.

Last edited:

LaNsLyDe

Jun 1, 2009
Chicago
I just did a fresh install CM 4.1.9999 and Buuf icon set and I am not having any of the problem described. Sadly I can only test it on a MyTouch I do not have a G1 to build on. Market works fine. No force closes and running smooth and fast. I don't know what to say. For those of you having problem I can only recommend a fresh flash of CM from the ground up. I am in the IRC channel if you want live help. Freenode #XDA-Devs PM me.

im gonna try a fresh install now, for those of you if you have not ttrie d on a fresh install and you get errors it is likely that if you go back to 4.1.9999 you will boot into a black screen. You need to wipe ur ext3 partition and flash 4.1.999 and then go back to 4.1.9999

zerowx5

Sep 1, 2007
doing it now

ok so im going to start from 4.1.99 by following the steps, then from 4.1.99 ima go to 4.1.9999 let the phone reboot making sure its on .9999 then fix_permissions then reboot and then install buuf. if i get any issues or something ill reboot the phone and do another fix_permissions be back in a bit and as for a Screenshot of the ghosting issue i cannot get my screenshot app to take a screenshot my sdk aint working for some reason (added_) also since i dont have 3g service i must turn wifi on to get my gmail/contacts updated (also i think the WIFI bars and the CELL bars should be switched it will look better IMO)

Last edited:

zerowx5

Sep 1, 2007
so 4.1.99 then to 4.1.9999

did a clean install installed dev zip and then 4.1.99 did a fix_permissions reboot check phone vers. then recovery to 4.1.9999 reboot phone again checked phone vers so far so good right......then recovery install buuf phone booted no problem no errors turned on wifi to get contacts and gmail going it worked. rebooted phone and com.google.gapps forceclosed:confused:

LaNsLyDe

Jun 1, 2009
Chicago
No Luck with G1

Ok I flashed the ROM coming from a fresh install and no dice.

Even though im connected to 3G..I can't get a connection so I can't sync my contacts or sign into gmail..:(

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
I got it up and running smooth on my g1. I just flashed cyan then theme without wiping. Just flashed both then rebooted.
it may be a bad download, because it took me like 15 tries to get it to download

Last edited:

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
did a clean install installed dev zip and then 4.1.99 did a fix_permissions reboot check phone vers. then recovery to 4.1.9999 reboot phone again checked phone vers so far so good right......then recovery install buuf phone booted no problem no errors turned on wifi to get contacts and gmail going it worked. rebooted phone and com.google.gapps forceclosed:confused:

Okay I think i may know the bug you are talking about is this the one where you are trying to do the initial setup and sign into Google and before it finishes it force closes correct. If so I have encountered that problem as well with cyanogen mod. Work around is to do the initial setup in 4.1.99 not sure if he has a fix for it or if it has even been reported. Get you SDK working and spit out some debug logs maybe they will have more info and we might be able to fix the problem from there.

Last edited:

DeaDnuLL

Oct 11, 2009
I got it up and running smooth on my g1. I just flashed cyan then theme without wiping. Just flashed both then rebooted.
it may be a bad download, because it took me like 15 tries to get it to download

Glad to hear that there G1 problems aren't global to all of them. The download problem is exactly why I have the md5sums there you can confirm the zip integrity if the numbers don't match then you know the download failed. Thank you for the post.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALL links down !

I have read all of the latest comm but I still don't know where can I find this awesome all-in-one package theme ?

Because on android market, the ADW theme only change some icons and add wallpapers.

If anyone know if the project is still alive anywhere else ?
    Because I can't find on google...

Bar clock, keyboard, icons, wallpapers, etc... with BUUF STYLE !
    I'm rooted so, no problem.

Thanks !!

polux

I made the buuf theme for the theme chooser, check my sig.
    Credits for the original contributors
    Original build: dthadamaja: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=829728
    Icons: Mattahan: http://mattahan.deviantart.com/
    Cyanogen:making his mod http://www.cyanogenmod.com/For
    XDA: All the PPL that help: All the threads that helped me manage to get this build done.

Read these note I don't put theme here for my health I know how this thing works they are for you.

This is a modified build of the original buff Theme many of the old icons have been replaced. There also have been update to further improve the skin. There will be continued work to get this theme fully embedded into the android platform.

I am taking rom requests if you would like to see buuf ported to your rom please.

Post in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5098110#post5098110

Supported Roms
    • Cyanogen Mod
    • Dwang
    • TheOfficial
    • Manup Eclair

The release numbering will be changing now that there is a stable version of buuf. As of version 1.0 buuf will be considered a stable theme. The release versions will work in this manner.

Stable releases will consist of the primary release number and an even second number.
    exp... 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 these are all stable theme releases
    Experimental releases will consist of a primary release number and an odd second number.
    exp... 1.1, 1.3, 1.5 these are all experimental releases and may cause problems.

I am going to extend the the life of the flashable release (Cyanogen Mod only) since some people are still having problem with metamorph. I will continue the flashable release until version 1.5 you will still need to use metamorph to do gmail, talk, vending, youtube images.

How use ddms
    What you need
    1. You need android sdk installed.
    2. You need to have java sdk installed.
    3. You need to have adb setup.
    4. This should all be setup if you have a rooted phone.

How to use it
    1. Navigate to you android sdk > Tools directory
    2. double click ddms.bat
    3. Make sure you select V or verbose
    4. run the application/theme causing the problem
    5. when done select a line in the log window
    6. go to edit>select all
    7. click the icons of the floppy disk and export to txt
    8. send it to me or who ever needs it.

Logcat in ddms
    1. go to device>run logcat
    2. run the app/theme causing problems
    3. click the X in the right corner
    4. click save then save as <some file>
    5. send it to me so I can fix the problem.

Not to hard is it! so someone having a problem with metamorph and a partial theme please send me some logs so I find out what is causing the problem and fix it.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP BEFORE YOU INSTALL
    If you didn't back up you can attempt to uninstall by reflashing CM MOD which should replace anything this theme changes.

Make a backup IT takes all 5min and you don't have to go though the whole flash procedure again. I recommend making a back up on a fresh flash before you put anything on your phone. Then make a second when you have all of your apps and configurations done all you have to do is rename the nandroid folder.

MD5Sums are your friend check these!! they will tell you if there is a problem with your download. This will stop you from flashing a bad archive and it will also let you know that I was the last one to modify it. They are to keep you safe. There is a link to a windows app to check these below
    Windows: WinMD5Sum
    Linux: $md5sum filename

<-----------------------------------------------Cyanogen Mod------------------------------->
    Release 1.2 Stable CM
    CM-buuf-1.2.zip
    Release Notes: Release_Notes.txt
    To fix Market Crash you must do this, go to settings then manage applications. Choose market, then uninstall updates. Open your market, sign in, and you can download again.
    You must do this after installing framework-res

To theme market follow these steps exactly. Scripts attached to thread scroll down.

Manual.

1. Run this code before you uninstall the market update. This backups up the market update so we can move it the /system/app/Vending.
    Code:
    mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    mkdir /sdcard/buuf-backup
    cp /data/app/com.android.vending.apk /sdcard/buuf-backup/com.android.vending.apk

2. Now uninstall the market update.
    3. Now run the following code and this will move the updated market to /system/app/Vending and you should be able to theme it.
    Code:
    rm -rf /data/app/com.android.vending.apk
    cp /system/app/Vending.apk /sdcard/buuf-backup/Vending.old.apk
    rm -rf /system/app/Vending.apk
    cp /sdcard/buuf-backup/com.android.vending.apk /system/app/Vending.apk
    4. Theme vending.apk with metamorph.

Scripts.

1. copy the scripts to your sdcard
    2. Run script market_one.sh from terminal
    Code:
    sh /sdcard/market_one.sh
    3. Uninstall the market updates.
    4. Run script market_two.sh from terminal
    Code:
    sh /sdcard/market_two.sh
    5. run metamorph on the vending.apk

Cm only above this line
    <---------------------------------------End Cyanogen Mod ------------------------------>

Release 1.0-3 Stable Dwang (New!!!)
    Dwang-buuf-1.0-3.zip

Release 1.0-3 Stable TheOfficial (New!!!)
    theofficial-buuf-1.0-3.zip

Maps and Log Allows morphing of maps and log READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!
    Maps_log_1.0.zip

Pre-Release updates can be found on my website as well as Pre-release packages. If you want to help test or just want the latest cutting edge builds head over to deadnull.net and you can find them there. I also have an section for ahome themes you can use if you don't have root or don't want to.

device1.png
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device10.png
    device9.png
    device8.png
    device6.png
    device5.png
    device4.png
    device2.png
    device6.png
    main.php
    I have Buuf drd36 on my SD card from when I had a dream. You could try flashing it (with a nandroid backup) and ssee if it works

Sent from my NCC-74656!
    To anyone who passes by...

This is intentionally written so it can be passed on to other threads and forums. If you intend to re-post this, please read until the very end first :)

WONDERRING IF YOU CAN STILL INSTALL BuuF?
    HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
    UPDATE: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11165939&postcount=545
    Yesterday morning, while roaming through the ADW Launcher BuuF Theme website, I found out to my surprise that it is not the first nor the original BuuF.
    I found out, the name is taken from a very amazing and awesome way bigger, way more comprehensive, flashable version of an origonal all-over-the-system BuuF theme.
    What do I mean? Why am I so extatic about a mere theme?
    Take a look:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=574139
    (The last post there at the moment of writing this is, who else's, mine)

It doesn't work no more though. It hasn't been in development for a few months now.
    Such a shame, as it used to be incoporated with CyanogenMod and I for one would be extatic to have such a comical, cool, and unique looking phone.
    I mean this doesn't just add a few icons... It makes the whole system look like someone just drew it with a very skillfull hand on the Painter P.C. program (=

It originated in a project that allows developers to swap anything within an apk file. Which means you could take any app installation file and make it install the original app with a better look to it. Not just icon-wise, but everything in it; background, borders, numpads, letterpads... anything at all (=
    A brilliant idea if you ask me.

I don't see why you'd wanna see that project's webpage, but in case you do... here's a link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591329

So anyways because that freakin' AWESOME all-in metamorphed-theme isn't in development any longer, the nice author of the ADW Launcher BuuF Theme created the small-scale solution which we know and love.
    But the interesting old-news are, that he also tried (or maybe stilll IS trying?... we can only hope) to reconstruct the actual, original Metamorphed-BuuF-Theme.
    The way I know this is because I've read a post by him saying so. Here's a link to the thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10564752#post10564752
    (His comment: #37, My comment: #40)

So I looked around to see if I can find a working version of the original Metamorphed-BuuF-Theme, but there seems to be none out there. The last version was for CyanogenMod 4 or so it seems. I might try that one when a friendly user sends it to me, but then again I might not ;)

What I DID find except for the beloved ADW Launcher BuuF Theme, is this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10564853#post10564853

I myself am not gonna use that anytime soon.
    Mainly because appart from what the ADW Theme already has, I'm not sure how much of the original BuuF this addition integrates into the system, and it might just be two additional icons... which ain't worth the zip flash risk.
    I have, however, posted a comment on that thread as well; to see if the author of this rescue effort can tell me what the additions are. And who knows, it might still be operational and working ^_^
    And in the meantime, anyone who's willing to try, can use that rescue effort :)

In conclusion: The original Metamorphed-BuuF-Theme seems to be the most awesome thing to ever pass through the aspect of cool looking mobile phones, and it's a real shame it's not currently available and operational.
    It seems the only thing close enough to it at the moment is the ADW Launcher BuuF Theme by Fractal Systems, which as you know you can download from the Market.

Still, it's wonderful to see how far the personalization need has taken people to. And because I cannot emphasize this enough: I wish the original BuuF would come back to CM7 and beyond.

Feel free to re-post this comment anywhere you please. Just please do it as an exact quote and include my nick in it for credit. Although the REAL credit goes to the authors of the few efforts linked above (=
    Also, if you do re-post this anywhere, I implore you to go to the first link I've posted here and leave a comment in that thread, linking your re-post, so I may see if anyone replys with vital info on some awesome new version of the original BuuF.

Thank you, this was TripleEYE (aka Nekoshu in MMOs),
    in an effort to summerize the current situation of the original BuuF Theme.
    Omg!!! Someone please pick this project up!

As you can see here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=852021

CM7 is gonna support themes in a much larger and deeper scale (within the very operating system)...
    Which is basically what Metamorph was created for (in regards to themes at least).
    SOMEONE!!!! PLEASE!!! Pick this baby up and make a full scale CM7-supportable Original-like BuuF theme!
    Oh My God!!!!

P.S.
    If anyone knows about an already existing BuuF CM7 theme... Please post a link to it here ^_^