RAM

Search This thread

helix031

Nov 23, 2008
2 GB of ram yet only about 400-500 MB are useable? The rest is always being chewed up.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
Please read the other post just like this. Welcome to android.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

NixxonExxo

Feb 22, 2014
Please read the other post just like this. Welcome to android.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Which post are you referring to?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

2 GB of ram yet only about 400-500 MB are useable? The rest is always being chewed up.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

The bloatware are actively running in the background when you power up the OS. The only way you can gain more RAM is disable the apps or root then delete the apps permanently.

helix031

Nov 23, 2008
I'm not new to android. I'm just shocked that they have that much crap running ... I did root it last night. Hoping for a slimrom becoming available... Slimbean on my s2 was by far best experience I had

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
A significant portion of the memory is used to support the high resolution display rather than for bloat ware. I'm using a Nexus 10 with the same screen resolution and have seen the same complaints. As Android uses a very different memory model than MS-Windows, managing memory much better, it would be better to judge memory deficiency by the lag caused by Android having to reload apps it removed from memory due to low memory.

Basically with Android unused memory is wasted memory.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: ddavtian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A significant portion of the memory is used to support the high resolution display rather than for bloat ware. I'm using a Nexus 10 with the same screen resolution and have seen the same complaints. As Android uses a very different memory model than MS-Windows, managing memory much better, it would be better to judge memory deficiency by the lag caused by Android having to reload apps it removed from memory due to low memory.

Basically with Android unused memory is wasted memory.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app