[Q] sd card 4.4.2

Search This thread

twatts723

Apr 23, 2013
New Orleans
I've been using the same 32gb sd card since my gs2. I just transfered it to m919 and it worked just fine since then. But ever since I updated to 4.4.2, I can explore the sd card, but I can't move or delete files. Any suggestions?

DarkMage619

Jun 20, 2010
I've been using the same 32gb sd card since my gs2. I just transfered it to m919 and it worked just fine since then. But ever since I updated to 4.4.2, I can explore the sd card, but I can't move or delete files. Any suggestions?

KitKat was the first version of Android where OEMs fully complied with Googles initiative to restrict App access to the SD Card. Apps that before could read and write to the SD Card can do so no longer. They may only use the internal storage. There have been many discussions as to why Google made this change but no one knows for sure. It sucks hard.

boni7010

Aug 27, 2011
Mexico
My phone its a Tmobile SGH-M919 version 4.4.2 version M919UVUFNB4 Oficial Stock Firmware NOT rooted ... so I have the problem not use in some apps to save on my External SDCard... please any idea to fix it.... :crying:

thanks

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
My phone its a Tmobile SGH-M919 version 4.4.2 version M919UVUFNB4 Oficial Stock Firmware NOT rooted ... so I have the problem not use in some apps to save on my External SDCard... please any idea to fix it.... :crying:

thanks

Impossible without root.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: boni7010

boni7010

Aug 27, 2011
Mexico
Impossible without root.

and if I have the official Stock kit kat 4.4.2 installed on my phone, with knox and everything on that version, can I do a root on my phone without brick ? and if I can do it , any link to do it, without brick my phone.... please ?

rlichtefeld

Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta, GA
and if I have the official Stock kit kat 4.4.2 installed on my phone, with knox and everything on that version, can I do a root on my phone without brick ? and if I can do it , any link to do it, without brick my phone.... please ?

Yes, you can Root it without bricking. You can use the link in my signature to use CF-Auto-Root.

However, it will trip the Knox flag in the bootloader. What that means is that the phone will set a flag that you have installed a custom recovery, and so therefore you've messed with the phone. Some people are worried that this will mean that you can't have warranty work done on the phone. Some say that no one checks this. I don't know the answer to that. Some people say that using ODIN to reinstall a stock image will remove the flag, but I haven't tried it to verify it.

Reactions: boni7010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684188

Git Cha Sum Kit Kat
    Deviant Development Team Member
    Oh Yea, That THANKS Button is Your Friend.....Dont Be Shy

thanks

Impossible without root.

Yes, you can Root it without bricking. You can use the link in my signature to use CF-Auto-Root.

However, it will trip the Knox flag in the bootloader. What that means is that the phone will set a flag that you have installed a custom recovery, and so therefore you've messed with the phone. Some people are worried that this will mean that you can't have warranty work done on the phone. Some say that no one checks this. I don't know the answer to that. Some people say that using ODIN to reinstall a stock image will remove the flag, but I haven't tried it to verify it.