[ROM] Batakang ROM for DROID RAZR HD - 12/13/2012 - Release 1.00

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Note: The main forum I will be on for personally giving support on this ROM is DroidRzr.com

default_wallpaper.jpg

Introducing Batakang ROM for the Verizon DROID RAZR HD and the Atrix HD. Both devices run fine on the Verizon DROID RAZR HD firmware, and only require 1 ROM for both of them. Batakang ROM (test 12) is build from Hashcode's stock ROM and updated to the official DROID RAZR HD Jellybean by myself. Credits go to Hashcode for his stock ROM and his Safestrap 3. Without him no ROMs would be possible on this device!

Changelog:
12/2/2012 - Test 12. Updated base to official DROID RAZR HD Jellybean.
12/3/2012 - Test 13. Added busybox. Added OTA Update Center support for SS3 auto-updating by dhacker29.
12/12/2012 - Test 14. Added init.d support..
Swtiched from Superuser to SuperSU to fix root issues. Wipe if coming from Test 13 and before!
12/12/2012 - Test 15. No more included Gapps. Flash the 4.1.2 Gapps after flashing Test 15. Do NOT update Google Now (Voice Search) unless you like blank screens on it.
12/13/2012 - Test 16. An 'official' BatakangROM Gapps package is now used. Fixed hopefully all issues with force closes on previous test. Play Store working right away, Google Now works... as always let me no what problems.' Also, TabletUI will no longer be supported officially. You have to change the build.prop line for it yourself starting from now on. Uploading the same build twice just wasn't working out.
12/13/2012 - Release 1.00. CPU Sleep removed (wasn't working). Tethering fixed by default(maybe). Changed version name out of Beta :)

Known Bugs for DROID RAZR HD (as of Release 1.00):
[If Tether does NOT work out of the box: Download SQLite Editor and change line 67 (entitlement_check) of [Settings Storage > settings.db > settings] from a 1 to a 0. Reboot. WiFi tether and USB then should work.
You tell me.

Be on Jellybean on the DROID RAZR HD (Non-Dev Edition). This can be the leaked or official.
Make a ROM Slot in any ROM slot.
Please go to SS3 main menu.
Choose 'Wipe' and then 'Factory Reset'.
Install the .zip (flash it!) :)
Then flash the latest official Gapps for the BatakangROM.
Reboot into the ROM.

Features:
  • Tweaks for speed, battery life, better data connection, and other misc edits.
  • Heavily debloated. No more Verizon or Motorola stuff bogging down the phone.
  • 4.2 Launcher - With option for Batakang wallpaper.
  • MotoBlur stock apps replaced with AOSP where possible. [MotoEmail, Exchange, Messaging still used]
  • Themed Settings and SystemUI to look more like AOSP.
  • Built in apps you need to open to use:
    Power Toggles - Notification Toggles & 1% Battery Mod.
  • 4.2 and MotoBlur Cameras. You pick what you like.
  • Init.d scripts: Zipalign on boot. Adbd insecure.

Screenshots:
yzV0Ll.png
69vdwl.png

Full Gallery Here

'Official' Gapps4BatakangROM:
Gapps4BatakangROMv1.zip -- No Clock/Alarm or Gallery
Gapps4BatakangROMv2.zip -- Added 4.2 Clock/Alarm and 4.2 Camera/Gallery

Downloads:
Release 1.00:

Test 16:

Test 13 (Gapps included in this build only. Above builds must download Gapps4BatakangROM)):

This is a reminder that this ROM is given "As Is" without any guarantee that it will not brick your device, cause harm, damage, etc. You are responsible for everything you do to your phone and cannot hold myself or anyone else responsible except for yourself. Enjoy!

Last edited:

ronschuck

Account currently disabled
Mar 11, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
doesnt work for me

My phone reboots to the safestrap screen and just flashes over and over,, bootloop? followed the instructions

Make a Rom Slot in Slot 1.
Choose 'Wipe' and then 'System'.
Choose 'Wipe' and then 'Factory Reset'. Wipe it or you may be very sorry. Just ask Markyzz
Install the .zip (flash it!)

kinjo28

Sep 18, 2010
Leave it to a batman wallpaper to convince above all other rooms this is the best and I have not even flashed. Lmao. Thank you very much for your hard work brother.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
My phone reboots to the safestrap screen and just flashes over and over,, bootloop? followed the instructions

Make a Rom Slot in Slot 1.
Choose 'Wipe' and then 'System'.
Choose 'Wipe' and then 'Factory Reset'. Wipe it or you may be very sorry. Just ask Markyzz
Install the .zip (flash it!)

Evidently you need to restore a backup to the ROM Slot of your stock ROM before flashing. Adding this to the instructions.

Leave it to a batman wallpaper to convince above all other rooms this is the best and I have not even flashed. Lmao. Thank you very much for your hard work brother.

A fellow Batman fan :)
The wallpaper is not selected as default, but IS an option in the included launcher (When you hold down on the homescreen to choose wallpaper, its one of the choices. )

Last edited:

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
Evidently you need to restore a backup to the ROM Slot of your stock ROM before flashing. Adding this to the instructions.

A fellow Batman fan :)
The wallpaper is not selected as default, but IS an option in the included launcher (When you hold down on the homescreen to choose wallpaper, its one of the choices. )

Built-in tether working? If so I will flash this asap. Thanks for the new ROM!

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Thanks for this. Obviously will work with developer and TWRP?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
Go into SU and update binaries... should fix the issue.

Binary updater fails to gain root access.. shucks.

Edit: I reflashed. After rebooting, went into super user, updated binaries (root access gained.) After binaries were updated, i downloaded titanium backup and could not obtain root. Wtf?? Went back in to super user, attempted to update binary, root could not be obtained. I dont get it.

Last edited:

ducats

Dec 6, 2010
SoCal
Binary updater fails to gain root access.. shucks.

Edit: I reflashed. After rebooting, went into super user, updated binaries (root access gained.) After binaries were updated, i downloaded titanium backup and could not obtain root. Wtf?? Went back in to super user, attempted to update binary, root could not be obtained. I dont get it.

Do you have busybox installed?

ducats

Dec 6, 2010
SoCal
Just checked, it is not. I downloaded busybox installer and clicked install busybox but it failed.

So do I need to flash again? If so, in what order do I need to update binary, install busybox, update superuser app, etc?

Did you check to make sure you had root on your stock rom slot? I should probably re-read your steps up to this point, but as long as
you had root before flashing this to say rom slot 1, you should not have lost root. Are you using OTA rootkeeper? Have you tried opening
it and toggling temp un root? Are all the boxes checked, specifically the one that says "root access gained"??

Typically, when I use OTA, i restore root, then go into SU update the app, then update binaries... after that I'm good to go.

kenshin911

Dec 29, 2011
Noob here..

I having some problems if i should flash these roms and i need to confirm the next steps that i think i should do (my device is already rooted)

I got a ICS Stock from Telcel and i want to get batakang but i was reading that you need to flash from a Jelly Bean ROM, so the question is what i need to do to get batakang...

Should i start unlocking bootloader??

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
Did you check to make sure you had root on your stock rom slot? I should probably re-read your steps up to this point, but as long as
you had root before flashing this to say rom slot 1, you should not have lost root. Are you using OTA rootkeeper? Have you tried opening
it and toggling temp un root? Are all the boxes checked, specifically the one that says "root access gained"??

Typically, when I use OTA, i restore root, then go into SU update the app, then update binaries... after that I'm good to go.

Got it working, just re-backed up stock, restore, flash, seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

So then.. Google Now anyone? lol

ducats

Dec 6, 2010
SoCal
Noob here..

I having some problems if i should flash these roms and i need to confirm the next steps that i think i should do (my device is already rooted)

I got a ICS Stock from Telcel and i want to get batakang but i was reading that you need to flash from a Jelly Bean ROM, so the question is what i need to do to get batakang...

Should i start unlocking bootloader??

Assuming that you're NOT on a dev unit... there will be no bootloader unlocking. If you're rooted, you need to install OTA rootkeeper, protect root, then unroot... install the JB leak from this forum in the stock android recovery. Reboot into the JB leak restore root, install safestrap... backup stock rom... create rom slot, restore backup to rom slot... flash batakang. Got all that??

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
^^ They are on telcel.. so that is XT925, don't think this ROM is meant for non Verizon models... Could be wrong.

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
But HD and ATRIX are both Verizon phones? I just know that CM10 needs a specific ROM for both XT926 and XT925 so there has to be a difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: The main forum I will be on for personally giving support on this ROM is DroidRzr.com

default_wallpaper.jpg

Introducing Batakang ROM for the Verizon DROID RAZR HD and the Atrix HD. Both devices run fine on the Verizon DROID RAZR HD firmware, and only require 1 ROM for both of them. Batakang ROM (test 12) is build from Hashcode's stock ROM and updated to the official DROID RAZR HD Jellybean by myself. Credits go to Hashcode for his stock ROM and his Safestrap 3. Without him no ROMs would be possible on this device!

Changelog:
    12/2/2012 - Test 12. Updated base to official DROID RAZR HD Jellybean.
    12/3/2012 - Test 13. Added busybox. Added OTA Update Center support for SS3 auto-updating by dhacker29.
    12/12/2012 - Test 14. Added init.d support..
    Swtiched from Superuser to SuperSU to fix root issues. Wipe if coming from Test 13 and before!
    12/12/2012 - Test 15. No more included Gapps. Flash the 4.1.2 Gapps after flashing Test 15. Do NOT update Google Now (Voice Search) unless you like blank screens on it.
    12/13/2012 - Test 16. An 'official' BatakangROM Gapps package is now used. Fixed hopefully all issues with force closes on previous test. Play Store working right away, Google Now works... as always let me no what problems.' Also, TabletUI will no longer be supported officially. You have to change the build.prop line for it yourself starting from now on. Uploading the same build twice just wasn't working out.
    12/13/2012 - Release 1.00. CPU Sleep removed (wasn't working). Tethering fixed by default(maybe). Changed version name out of Beta :)

Known Bugs for DROID RAZR HD (as of Release 1.00):
    [If Tether does NOT work out of the box: Download SQLite Editor and change line 67 (entitlement_check) of [Settings Storage > settings.db > settings] from a 1 to a 0. Reboot. WiFi tether and USB then should work.
    You tell me.

Be on Jellybean on the DROID RAZR HD (Non-Dev Edition). This can be the leaked or official.
    Make a ROM Slot in any ROM slot.
    Choose 'Wipe' and then 'Factory Reset'.
    Install the .zip (flash it!) :)
    Then flash the latest official Gapps for the BatakangROM.
    Reboot into the ROM.

Features:
    • Tweaks for speed, battery life, better data connection, and other misc edits.
    • Heavily debloated. No more Verizon or Motorola stuff bogging down the phone.
    • 4.2 Launcher - With option for Batakang wallpaper.
    • MotoBlur stock apps replaced with AOSP where possible. [MotoEmail, Exchange, Messaging still used]
    • Themed Settings and SystemUI to look more like AOSP.
    • Built in apps you need to open to use:
      Power Toggles - Notification Toggles & 1% Battery Mod.
    • 4.2 and MotoBlur Cameras. You pick what you like.
    • Init.d scripts: Zipalign on boot. Adbd insecure.

Screenshots:
    yzV0Ll.png
    69vdwl.png

Full Gallery Here

'Official' Gapps4BatakangROM:
    Gapps4BatakangROMv1.zip -- No Clock/Alarm or Gallery
    Gapps4BatakangROMv2.zip -- Added 4.2 Clock/Alarm and 4.2 Camera/Gallery

Downloads:
    Release 1.00:

Test 16:

Test 13 (Gapps included in this build only. Above builds must download Gapps4BatakangROM)):

This is a reminder that this ROM is given "As Is" without any guarantee that it will not brick your device, cause harm, damage, etc. You are responsible for everything you do to your phone and cannot hold myself or anyone else responsible except for yourself. Enjoy!
    It's such a minor infraction though. If it was blatant disrespect to the dev or something major like that, I would understand. Publicly calling him out for a simple mistake I think is overboard. A simple PM explaining the rule would have sufficed. But I digress. This topic has been derailed enough.

Yeah back on topic of my testing builds from today ;)

12/11/2012?? - Test 14. Added init.d support. Updated a few apps. Removed uncessary tweaks from build.prop. Added Swype back to it. Still in progress. Changed from Superuser to SuperSU.
    @wemsinho

No, he means you can flash the 1.1 Release Version for the Atrix HD with working wifi.
    Here is the link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34340013

Everthing works on the XT925.

The only thing you have to do, is set the APN manuel.

Gesendet von meinem XT925 mit Tapatalk 2
    I understand you wanting these in the ROM, but I personally chose to remove these because I didn't want them and didn't see the need for them to come stock on it.

However! I can explain to you how these work so you can get what you like on there.

The 4.2 Keyboard is as easy a downloading an .apk and choosing it as your default keyboard.

Swype is a little different, a quick google about installing Swype on a ROM that doesn't include it can be found here:

Source

Now for the circles widget. Easy enough to do. Install the HomeLauncher from the RAZR HD Jellybean stock system to /data/app/ (then set permissions if the second). Install the CirclesWidget the same way. I normally de-odex these so I can simply install them from the sdcard like any app, but both should work.

Hope you understand why I am not including these, but you have the opportunity to learn something to add it to ROMs on your own :)

I understand completely and I extremely appreciate you telling me how to do it for myself. I'm glad it sounds fairly simple. Hopefully some other people who are missing these things will benefit from this as well. I will be donating!!
    You may want to reroot. Gapps was not built in.

Gapps was built in..

Check the .zip of the ROM, I even made a separate Gapps folder for simpler signing of the system alone and for user swap-out of gapps if they chose too.