[ROM][4.2.2][05/08]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 8][FINAL]

Search This thread

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

About YouTube FCs. It stopped for new after updating YouTube app via play store.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ko_is

May 29, 2012
Kistarcsa

A "couple of things"? :p

1. Did YOU consider using DashClock instead? It is easy enough to install and replace the cLock widget with DashClock (I have done exactly this)... we are also in the process of determining whether we want to use DashClock or cLock...

2. I just installed the SREC_gnow addon... went into settings -> "language & input" and selected google voice typing... ticked mic on main keyboard, and it shows up... ticked mic on symbols and it shows up there???

3. Yeah... voice dialer seems bugged... it seems to generate an exception in logcat relating to BT headset service when you close it??!?... have you tried this on CM??

4. I honestly have no idea why this isn't working for some people? It works perfectly here... have you tried clearing phone and/or contacts app data and cache? Also, what language are you using? And I assume from your mention of issues with AIO Dark Gapps that you're using Dark Gapps... if so, does it do this on normal ROM + normal Gapps? ie. no dark framework or apps...

5. I believe it is triggered by a change in state of USB cable connected... so yes, you have to unplug and replug if you turn it off... otherwise the system can't detect the cable being connected. As for the "Installer" message, this is how it was implemented by CM ;) I'll add it to the ToDo list...

6. Can't say I've had too many issues transferring things with MTP... it just seems to work? But if you can find a method to replicate this error reliably, please let us know.

7. I just paired with my GF's i9000... and sent files via BT from various apps like QuickPic, default Gallery etc... and even downloaded and installed Explorer+... and yep... that works fine as well... you will need to check logcat for errors.

8., 9. & 10. Fairly sure these are all kernel issues... for technical reasons (ie. I have no idea about kernels :p) we are using the CM kernel... if you want these features, you'll either need to install a custom kernel, or ask the CM guys nicely if they plan on (re)implementing these features ;)

11. if you don't like it... just install a different boot animation... /system/media/bootanimation.zip... just make sure it is i9100 compatible...

12. we have icon with percentage... which I think is the same as icon with text... icon with centered text just looked horrible, which is why we removed it... also, this ROM isn't AOKP ;)

13. Yeah... touch recovery is a work in progess... be thankful, the default CM one has no touch... and is all volume, home and power buttons!! :p

14. Yeah... not sure why that UMS stuff isn't working in recovery... I suspect it might have something to do with the UMS being removed from the kernel and then re-added... don't count on this being added back in a hurry... as my knowledge of kernels/recoverys is pretty small (like non-existent small :p) But it annoys me as well... so is on the list of things to look at :)

15. Thanks for the link... but that is from Froyo??!?... Things have changed a fair bit from froyo to JB... and the WiFi drivers have issues as it is... again, due to the use of CM kernel, you might be better off seeing if they can implement it... I assume it doesn't work on CM either?

16. Yeah... volume starts low and slowly gets louder... you'll see the little checkbox when setting the alarm that says "INCREASING VOLUME"... as far as I know, there are no settings that you can mess with... I believe it starts at silent, and slowly increases to whatever your "Alarm Volume" is set to...

17. On lockscreen "Slide"... you can set targets on the lockring... you can either have 5 or 8... If you use 8, you might find the bottom 3 are sliced off, depending on screen size and/or dpi settings... not much we can do about it on i9100 due to changes in lockscreen design by AOSP... if you don't like the targets being cut off... use 5.

18. I think this was actually for other devices... and might actually have been reverted... for i9100, nothing should really have changed.

19. Will pass that on to Kufi...

20. You can do this yourself, most launchers will let you customise icons... I will pass on to Kufi tho...

21. I believe there was some issues preventing him from theming the latest one... google changed a whole bunch of stuff... and it was either not have dark calendar or have old dark calender...

22. never really used either tbh... I will look into the sound recorder...

23. & 24. I suspect that making these dark was the reasons for the issues and/or old versions... it isn't a simple task of "<color=dark>" in an xml file somewhere ;)

If this is happening with custom kernel... you'll need to take it up with them in their discussion thread... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38312168&postcount=1177

If this is happening on stock ROM, I'll need logcat and last_kmesg etc...

Thanks for the vote of confidence... Also.. I assume you mean Stable v1.0??? not RC1???

1. We've had a few reports of YouTube FC on startup on various devices... can you provide a logcat next time you get it?
2. Can't say I've had this problem... is your data/wifi icon blue? If not, then that might explain the lack of notifications from play store and/or gplus, as you're not sync'd with google... perhaps you have data/wifi set to turn off during sleep??
3. Stock kernel? or custom?
4. People complain that it wasn't big enough area, now people complain it is too big... not much we can do... :rolleyes:
5. HDMI won't work on any "true" custom ROM... only Stock Sammy Based... blame samsung for lack of drivers...
6. Not sure about OTG... I don't have a cable to test... but as far as I was aware, you connect USB device and then went into Settings -> Storage and clicked the "mount" button at the bottom? What exactly is happening if you plug something in? I suspect this might be a kernel issue... Have you tried other kernels like DorimanX or tried on CM ROM?

I reverted back to stock kernel. If I have the problem again I will send you the asked logs. Anyway I have not found last_kmsg under /proc, get no such file or directory when I tried to cat it.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

ram1986

Sep 18, 2011
Bangalore
I love V1.0. Everything is great, except for an annoying bug where the backlight on the soft keys go out and then come back again after a second.
Any suggestions to fix this would be great. I have tried different backlight timeout settings in Device settings screen with no luck.

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland

I love V1.0. Everything is great, except for an annoying bug where the backlight on the soft keys go out and then come back again after a second.
Any suggestions to fix this would be great. I have tried different backlight timeout settings in Device settings screen with no luck.

There isn't one... Has been affecting CM kernel since before Christmas...

Some users had success setting the timeout to the max (6 secs from memory)... So that the second trigger occurs when it is already on...

Didn't work for me... So at present, the only options are to turn them off, try a diff kernel, or ignore it :rolleyes:

Reactions: ram1986

Nabeel_n85

Mar 4, 2012
Karachi
Just a quick qs.. How can I get new themes for the rom.. The reason I kinda love MIUI is coz of its theming.. Can I please know a link from where new themes can be downloaded.. Greatly appreciate it..

ShadowSkills

Mar 26, 2012

Just a quick qs.. How can I get new themes for the rom.. The reason I kinda love MIUI is coz of its theming.. Can I please know a link from where new themes can be downloaded.. Greatly appreciate it..

Just google CM 10 theme mate, although if you are looking for a light theme you're out of luck.. there's maybe only 1-2 light themes that I found.

Btw, is theming in CM is harder than MIUI? I think themes in MIUI are more varied.. (my previous ROM is MIUI).

Cheers
Sent from my SlimBean-ed I9100

steveria79

Nov 9, 2012
www.time-line24.de
AW: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

google play -cobalt theme !!

google play -google bean theme !!

full themed!

SliM BEAN Rom v1.0
DORIMANX 46
S2 - i9100

bagadj

Jan 24, 2010
R: [ROM][4.2.1][16/02]Slim Bean - I9100 [Stable v1.0]

Guys, any solution for youtube fc?? It random happens again...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

crocodilechris

Nov 13, 2012
Berlin

A short actualization:
I've had the issue with battery percentage color not changed. Now it's gone:
- flashed XWLSD Sammy ROM via Odin, rooted it with Philz Kernel
- flashed hawkerpauls ROMWipe and format /system and format /emmc
- installed Slim stable v1.0 and slim gapps.

Colors are instantly changing :D but you can't choose real white :( but #fffffffe do the same great job. ;)

If the dialer now behaves right will be tested this evening. I'm going to report after phoning.

The only new thing I mentioned:
After flashing Slim PDA & CSC Version are now "unknown" in EFS Professional Tool.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

crocodilechris

Nov 13, 2012
Berlin
Okay, just made a call:
phoned nearly/around 4 minutes, details say 3 seconds :(
So this bug is still here. Maybe something I can do to provide more informations/ details?

@danielk68:
battery life is good. Overnight lost just a few percentage points. Just try it and test for yourself. No lags or something here.

Edit:
have sometimes hot reboots. Just now, while I wanted to activate USB mass modus.

Last edited:
Reactions: danielk68

dead0

Sep 6, 2011
im hoping the slim team will move onto 4.2.2 for their next build? 4.2.2 is very smooth and seems much more snappier. for those benchmark freaks, i was able to hit over 10200 points on antutu 3 with cpu locked between 100-1000mhz :)

dkimmortal

Aug 16, 2011

SlimBean 1.0 stable is the last 4.2. 1 build, next release will be 4.2.2 i READ in the thread before.

steveria79

Nov 9, 2012
www.time-line24.de

hi slim Team ,please make in the next release another or custom bootanimation controlled setting ,with custom theme the theme battery icon can not show ,allways slim battery icon !??

make please setting for custom weather app widget in notificationdrawer bar and power bar!

great work the 1.0 ,this is the best rom on the market!

edit

no answer?

SliM BEAN v1.0
DORIMANX

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Important Notes:

• Build 8 is the final 4.2.2 build for Slim Bean
    • NO ETA's...
    • Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with our mods.
    • Read the Change-log and installation instructions from the official website carefully.
    • Feature requests will be ignored in general, but we will review ( if a relevant commit or source is provided) and then decide.
    • Please provide a logcat if reporting a bug.
    • Strictly NO ports based on our ROM zip (official or unofficial build) file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source.
    • No discussions/screenshots etc in the thread about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc... see here for the reasons why...

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers@freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Known Issues (as of Build 7):

Device Specific:
    • Wifi Direct is not working
    • BT - A2DP does not transmit Artist/Track info (AOSP BT stack issue :()
    • Zoom on camcorder at 1080p is broken
    • Front camcorder buggy
    • USB Dock audio broken

General:
    Just to be clear...

I have tested this extensively... I have other people testing it... This is why we don't do nightlies...

Yes, we are including CM's open source RIL
    NO, we don't have the RIL issues that Rootbox has (because I figured out what was wrong and fixed it) :fingers-crossed:

For the record, initially, I did have a broken RIL... Couldn't send touch tones in a call, couldn't hangup etc...

TLDR; PROTIP: make clobber, tell your friends ;)

Long Version: Turns out that, for whatever reason, the old (Sammy blob) version of libril.so was being cached and injected into the build, despite the fact that it had been removed from vendor/samsung/proprietary/i9100/lib/ :confused:

So, you'd end up with new opensource /system/bin/rild, but old /system/lib/libril.so.

They wouldn't play nicely together and you'd get the messed up phone functionality... :rolleyes:

Old version of libril.so was, from memory, 49,100 bytes, new compiled one was 35,336 bytes...

So I did what I always do when things are not being recompiled properly... I did a "make clobber"... Which completely removes the entire build directory AND wipes the compiler cache...

Et voilà... New libril.so is built and used and everything works as it should... :thumbup: :cool:

Note: The compiler cache is useful, in that it can cut down compile time dramatically... A full build from scratch after make clobber, using 2 threads (have to play nice with rest of team sharing build box :p) will take about an hour... If the cache is available... It'll take less than 30minutes! Very handy if you're doing a lot of compiling...

The only issue, is that sometimes, you get situations like this, where, for whatever reason, the system doesn't detect a change and just bundles the old libraries in... :(

Which brings me to my last point... Why I am (and most of the Slim team are) hesitant to do nightlies... (to be honest, I'm not 100% comfortable with weeklies, but they're a good way to get feedback on new features and real world user testing ;))

Nightlies are, usually, just automatic builds of whatever is in the repo... About the only checking, is that the compile finished without errors...

This is why they are always plastered with warnings that they are highly experimental in nature, possibly broken, use at your own risk, read before you flash, make backups etc...

And yet, people still moan and whinge and complain at the devs and say things like "y u release broken build??!?"...

I personally, and the Slim team as a whole, take quality seriously... Sure we've made mistakes in the past, and released subpar versions.. . And you know what? We were so concerned about it, that we modified our entire dev and release process to try to make sure it never happens again...

This is why we:
    - moved away from the "every 2 weeks" release cycle we used to have.
    - implemented gerrit to allow for proper peer code review and testing
    - implemented a release cycle that involves code freeze, dedicated testing and final release

Will our ROM always be perfect? No... But will we always strive to make it as close to perfect as possible? YES! :D

Sent from my SlimBean pwned GT-I9100
    Now... for some general discussion on a couple of topics...

Firstly... Battery Life...

There shall be no more discussions/screenshots etc about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc...

battery is, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, very much a "personal" thing... your own particular usage patterns, apps, cell network, signal strength, RF interference, WiFi config, battery condition, brightness levels etc etc, will define what you get out of the phone/battery...

I've seen folks who consider "normal" usage, to be having no apps installed, running all black themes/apps and sending 2 text messages a day and making or receiving one phone call of 2 minutes in length... with WiFi disabled and no mobile data. I've also seen folks who consider "normal" to be sending about 100 text messages a day... making 2 hours worth of phone calls... and listening to music via BT headphones, watching video or playing 3D games while updating Facebook every 5 minutes...

There is no magic bullet... there is no magic governor/scheduler combo which is suddenly going to grant you 3 days of constant 3D gaming etc...

If you suddenly get unusually high battery drain for your situation... there is about a 99% chance that you have a rogue app causing wakelocks... install BetterBatteryStats, find out what is causing all the wakelocks and fix it. If you end up in the 1%, have investigated and sought help in the BBS thread and discovered that it is actually something system related (and have BBS reports to prove it!) then go ahead and post here...

Smartphone battery life in general is just poor compared to that old Nokia 3310 that you used to own that lasted for 7 days on a charge... get over it.

Remember, this is, technically, a dev thread... and while I'm happy to have "general discussion" in here, mostly because a 2-thread system doesn't work... posts about battery life, and screen shots of how awesome/poor your setup is, just don't result in anything meaningful... and to be blatantly honest, there isn't anything we can really do about it to make any significant difference. Sure we might be able to get you an extra 15 mins of screen on time by tweaking the CPU and/or GPU voltages by -25mv... and opening you up to freezes, lag and random reboots in the process. :rolleyes:

If you don't like this... feel free to go open a battery thread in the General and/or Q&A forums... any more posts in this thread regarding battery life will be reported and removed (and yes, the OP will be updated to reflect this)...

HALO...

quite a polarising topic this one... some folks think it is the best thing to have happened to Android. Some folks seem to think it was some sort of plague devised by Apple to destroy Android. Others simply don't care, as they realise if it ever gets implemented, it will have an On/Off switch... much like SlimPIE ;)

As it stands, HALO just isn't ready for Slim. There are some fundamental issues with it that need to be resolved before you'll see it on an "Official" Slim build and we're not sure they can or will be resolved. This isn't just performance related either. We're talking things like:

• The install button problem, can't press "Install" on the APK installation screen. (possibly already solved)
    • G+, whatsapp and some parts of youtube (lpe videos) are cut off or gave weird results in a floating window just to mention 3 bigger apps
    • if an app call an activity from a floating window and is waiting for activityResult the callback does not work.... Major issue!!
    • memory leaks need to be solved especially for our old devices. There is some code cleanup needed. Just turn it off for this devices do not resolve it
    This doesn't mean it will never be implemented... just that we feel it is detrimental to the overall quality and stability of the ROM as things currently stand. And of course, as with most things like this... if we ever do roll it out, it'll be a feature that you can turn on/off ;)

On a similar topic... Hybrid mode... probably never going to happen. In our opinion, it just isn't worth the sacrifice that would have to be made to stability and performance to achieve. Consequently, this is not actively being considered, at this point, by the Slim team.

Finally... a small teeny tiny little request... should you choose to respond to this or any of my long posts... please, for the love of little green robots everywhere... DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST... remove all the bits that are not relevant!