Changing IMEI on SGS2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
Might not be the best place to talk about it, and you also need special equipment for it. No one was able to change/hack it on the S1.

lotacus

Jul 22, 2009
Service is determined by your sim. Changing the imei would do nothing other than circumvent a trace from a stolen phone, which is why most providers require it.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using XDA App

dodo34

Nov 10, 2006
I want to change the IMEI, because when i go to Turkey for holiday, the Turkish operator will block my SGS2 after 2 weeks.

I have to register it, but i get this option only every 2 years.

Last year i registered a phone, and so this year i cannot register it.

But now i want to use the SGS2 a a modem for tethering.

i want to give the IMEI of my old phone to my new SGS2.

Cheers
dodo34

galaxyII

May 28, 2011
Germany
ofcourse you can use a low cost mobile which can do the trick. Yes you will miss browsing etc etc in SGS2 but changing IMEI is illegal and punishable by law. Guess you are better off with any cheap mobile

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Changing IMEI as said is illegal in many country s and a big negative is that the phone uses IMEI to connect as part of its handshake process .
Therefore should not really be discussed on XDA and may lead to a blocked phone at a later date .

jje

juvek

Sep 1, 2009
Use Z3X box. It's so easy :)

Best regards

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Use Z3X box. As smae SGS and SGS II imei change is so easy.

cosmic_kid

Jan 6, 2010
Service is determined by your sim. Changing the imei would do nothing other than circumvent a trace from a stolen phone, which is why most providers require it.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using XDA App

Not always. My AT&T plan will only allow data on my HTC Aria. If I take out my SIM and put it in my SGS2 I get poorer quality voice and no data service. Something in their system ties my SIM to my phone and my plan.

wishmas7er

Dec 6, 2010
Aix-en-Provence
a Moderator please close the thread ...

to OP - it's not hard to change the IMEI, it's just illegal and against rules to discuss it here
so no answer for you here

Status
Not open for further replies.