• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bullfrog527

Jan 29, 2011
Bradley, IL
OnePlus 7T
I gotta give you guys some kudos. I flashed that power saver zip you posted and damn. 20% drop in 5 hours! This thing rocks. I don't have to toggle data to save battery now.

sent from my MIUI MoPho

Reactions: spleef

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
I gotta give you guys some kudos. I flashed that power saver zip you posted and damn. 20% drop in 5 hours! This thing rocks. I don't have to toggle data to save battery now.

sent from my MIUI MoPho

Glad you like. I love how well MIUI seems to take these mods. Now, once we get the ability to theme the notification area so it's not bright white, it'll save more :)

Things changed: autobright, bluetooth, and antenna power settings :)

I was getting around 16 hours/battery before I put together that tweak...looking forward to what I'll get now....didn't test it before I sent it...LOL

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Can you guys do me a favor and make the turl kernel which I believe Is a Jokersax Kernel but could be wrong, post it as a zip so I do not have to reflash the entire ROM?

Which exact kernel did you flash? I need to know, as depending on what "extras" they put in there, I will have to configure updater script to remove them....

sdw79

Feb 24, 2012
Quincy
Which exact kernel did you flash? I need to know, as depending on what "extras" they put in there, I will have to configure updater script to remove them....

Ok I started old with Oleg V3 1.3 and when I tried to reply with XDA app I got "Unfortunately, Voice Search has stopped"

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

I will try others and will report back. I will try V4 this time and let you know.

sdw79

Feb 24, 2012
Quincy
Sent from my MB855 using XDA

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Any tests anyone wants me to do on this kernel before I do a fresh wipe? I will do a benchmark, if it allows me to.

uncfan44

Oct 11, 2011
virgina beach
market

hey im sure this has been address, i searched for it and found 48 enteries and after giong through them i didnt c, but that could b because i often miss things lol... any how; every app gives me the app to large do on wifi message... how do i disable this?

on good note, rom is super smooth, i am on newest version with no reboots, freezes or ne thing. i can second temple run issues, but screen is mostly very responsive!! occasional BT disconnects when im connected to my jambox, but have had that on every non blur based rom.

DssTrainer

Jun 5, 2008
Chicago
Finding moments of extreme lag... to the point where I have to remove the battery to reboot. Then after reboot it is fine for a while. Usually happens when switching between launchers.
Camera works
Camcorder is lagged to death, just like all the CM9 roms
Not sure why 3G AND 1x AND wifi are always showing at the same time, but it seems to work regardless.
Other than that, it is quite good.

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
hey im sure this has been address, i searched for it and found 48 enteries and after giong through them i didnt c, but that could b because i often miss things lol... any how; every app gives me the app to large do on wifi message... how do i disable this?

on good note, rom is super smooth, i am on newest version with no reboots, freezes or ne thing. i can second temple run issues, but screen is mostly very responsive!! occasional BT disconnects when im connected to my jambox, but have had that on every non blur based rom.

To disable file download warning, go to the multi icon folder on main screen and pick downloads. Press menu button and select settings. You can set the limit to 10mb (highest setting), and it won't warn you until you exceed that...which isn't often for most users.

Game issues are due to the base we built on not having 2d libs....they seemed to Bork other things. I'm going to look into bt thing...may be kernel issue.

Glad u like the rom. We're working hard at it :)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Reactions: uncfan44

cdrice15

Feb 16, 2012
The emmc zip isn't working for me. Everything is still going to SD card. I'm on turls miui.

Sent from my Electrified CM9 android

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
The emmc zip isn't working for me. Everything is still going to SD card. I'm on turls miui.

Not sure why...I may have to check other areas to change that setting...may be something in the parts from Turl CM9 causing issue...not totally sure, as I've been working primarily on Joker MIUI. Sorry that's not much help :(

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Finding moments of extreme lag... to the point where I have to remove the battery to reboot. Then after reboot it is fine for a while. Usually happens when switching between launchers.
Camera works
Camcorder is lagged to death, just like all the CM9 roms
Not sure why 3G AND 1x AND wifi are always showing at the same time, but it seems to work regardless.
Other than that, it is quite good.

3G1X is a strange bug that is MIUI caused. It seems to be almost universal with the EVDO/CDMA phones (Sprint). If you look back a few pages, XCell posted some screenshots from the Evo build.
Most lag is going to be from lack of 2d libs. We went with what seemed like the most stable Joker CM9 for a base (0.4.1). We tried 0.4.2, but there were other bugs we felt weren't what we were looking for.
Camcorder is due to not having proper libs and set up for it, as currently there are no Photon ICS libs. Joker and a bunch of us are working on trying to find a way to get the Xoom libs to work (due to using similar stagefright structure for cameras), but it's a lot of guesswork, as the programs to edit some of the files cost over $500 bucks for a SINGLE USER basic license. It will get better with time :)

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Does it work on jokers miui?

Camera still saves to SD. I'm going to have to look further into this. I know that I am able to SEE the pics from my EMMC on the gallery...not sure if the camera save issue is an APK issue or the settings issue...I'll work on it. Might be tonight before a fix...my only day off work today, and I have my kiddies :) I would love to see if I can port the "switch" from CM9 to our build.

cdrice15

Feb 16, 2012
Camera still saves to SD. I'm going to have to look further into this. I know that I am able to SEE the pics from my EMMC on the gallery...not sure if the camera save issue is an APK issue or the settings issue...I'll work on it. Might be tonight before a fix...my only day off work today, and I have my kiddies :) I would love to see if I can port the "switch" from CM9 to our build.

Yeah i know the camera does. I was testing it with zedge and everything was saving to sd card. I was looking around miui us for something on this and ran across this rom for the atrix. It says that the default in it is emmc.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?17166-ROM-MIUI-US-v4-v2-3-23-(25-03-2012)

If i knew what to look for besides the stuff in vold.fstab I would see if i could find it. But all ever done with this file is change one number that had to be changed in a previous joker cm9 build.

uncfan44

Oct 11, 2011
virgina beach
thanks a bunch that warning was driving me nuts lol. and the temple run issue isnt major to me just thought i'd mention it. i dont find time for games often so if its not perfect such is life lol. the BT thing is annoying... i figured out a work around... i just turn of bt and then power down my jambox.. turn on bt then power jambox back on and it usually works! annoying maybe work very workable.

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Yeah i know the camera does. I was testing it with zedge and everything was saving to sd card. I was looking around miui us for something on this and ran across this rom for the atrix. It says that the default in it is emmc.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?17166-ROM-MIUI-US-v4-v2-3-23-(25-03-2012)

If i knew what to look for besides the stuff in vold.fstab I would see if i could find it. But all ever done with this file is change one number that had to be changed in a previous joker cm9 build.

I think issue is in framework (much like reboot options were) I'm going to try to edit in the use internal option joker has in cm9. May take a bit, but I think I can do it.
Going to look at that atrix thing this afternoon or evening. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdrice15

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
thanks a bunch that warning was driving me nuts lol. and the temple run issue isnt major to me just thought i'd mention it. i dont find time for games often so if its not perfect such is life lol. the BT thing is annoying... i figured out a work around... i just turn of bt and then power down my jambox.. turn on bt then power jambox back on and it usually works! annoying maybe work very workable.

I'm gonna work on editing some of the by fixes from peetr into the kernel I'm using (edited in adb already) to see if u can improve bt. Gonna work on that and the use internal menu. With any luck, I'll have both for this week's new drop. If j make fixes, I'll make flash zips for now. :)

I'm also trying to help joker on the video cam issues. :)

I read all the posts on here and am working hard to get everything you guys like built in...thanks for being patient. :)

Btw over 16 hrs on battery still have 37%

Last edited:
Reactions: Washtech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a port of several different compatible miui builds from the miui.us {thanks guys for everything}
    http://forums.miui.us/content.php
    used jokers cm9 as a base {and of course the MAN {joker} who without him none of this would be possible}
    found here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413349
    making good use of the guides on the xda especially prox guide {thanks prox}
    found here:http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1499411
    Stevendeb25, Magiman7, Jokersax11, Th3Bill, Bytethegroove, and myself:

- { Team-Moto-Tegra } -

would like to present to you:

MIUI/ICS V4. for the Motorola Photon

Unlocked photons only!!!!!! Must be on 198_7 or 198_6 and have your bootloader unlocked thanks

Instructions:

* aroma installer process: { works for fresh install or updating } [ thanks th3bill for cranking it out for us ] {DO NOT WIPE BEFORE FLASHING}
    reboot to recovery, flash the aroma installer zip (its not named aroma installer), choose you options, follow the promts...... and thats all to it....... have fun

*romracer & joker recovery process:

* fresh install process:
    reboot to recovery use jokers recovery cwmv3
    use th3bill's wipe all zip ...... or
    format system, data, cache
    flash rom, flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flahs kernel provided in the op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* to flash over/update:
    use th3bill wipe cache zip ..... or
    wipe cache and dalvick cache
    flash rom, then flash rom a second time, flash photon gapps, flash kernel provided in op, fix permissions, and then reboot phone

* if you run into some fc's reboot into recovery wipe dalvick cache and fix permissions the reboot phone

*unless posted as not working you can assume it works until you test for yourself. if you find something unreported as not working please post so i can add it to the op and if you find a fix for it please do the same and i will include it to op and in builds as well as credit you for the find
    THANKS!

known issues:
    themes not 100%
    if choosing xperia launcher you need to choose another launcher to go with it.. it doesn't play nice being alone with miui home

MIUI DOWNLOAD LINK

* looking for people t o create a custom logo for our team please pm bil or myself with ideas or even submit your work.....thanks

*Please report any and everything and as always please make a backup before flashing

* also a big thanks to qbking77 for putting together review and how to videos for us his channel can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/qbking77/featured

how to video:
    http://youtu.be/JGYJJqNbz80

review video:
    http://youtu.be/dGr9bYUsa2E
    great news people just got off chat with some miui.us we are getting official support they are setting up a thread/ftp for sunfire on the device page... th3bill and myself will be the mods for it... going to be redirecting the downloads to them as per their request.... congrats. everyone we are officially supported!!!! op changes to be made will come soon after everything is up and running on miui.us
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)
    50k people thanks for being so supportive more great builds to come keep flashing we will keep building... Thanks everyone

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536161
    GET READY TO BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

MMS FIX

FLASH THIS BABY AND ENJOY! NO MORE NEED FOR GOSMS!

BIG THANKS TO XCELLPHONESALESREP FOR THE INFO, AND THE MYSTERY DEV HE GOT IT FROM.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone! 300 Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

EVERYONE...PLEASE FIND A FEW POSTS BY MY BOY XCELLPHONESALESREP AND THANK HIM. HE'S THE ONE WHO GOT US THIS FIX. i JUST PUT IT TOGETHER :)
    WILL BE A PART OF EACH BUILD GOING FORWARD :)

Yeeeeeeeaaaa! and a big thanks to swiperrat (HTC Evo Miui Dev) for the assistance!!!

And a big thanks to Th3Bill for puttin it all together!