Quality Problem - "Dirty Corners" - No Satement from HTC !!!

Search This thread

spiderbirdy

Dec 13, 2007
Berlin
Wondering why our HTC is so dirty, although brought to us by our Mother to clean ???

Well, that's no dirt, likely, but it's loosing the color, so you can't clean the corner's.
At the moment, the official HTC facebook support page is the best place to change our phone. So far, there is still no statement from HTC about this issue. There are more and more people worldwide with the same "dirty corner" problem, because it's painted the color only on the black cover comes to the fore. Some people report the support will tell you to change to a black 8X, because they have no problems (without colour, it'ts logic).

cu

spiderbirdy

eth3rton

Sep 14, 2009
Paducah, KY
I've tried to read this a couple times and don't fully understand what you are telling us. Is there a quality control issue with the screens? Certain models? Can you post pictures and/or links to sites? I just ordered the red Verizon 8x...

spiderbirdy

Dec 13, 2007
Berlin
I don't mean the screen, i mean the cover that is loosing the color. HTC didn't use colored Polycarbonate (like Nokia/Lumia920), they painted the black cover to blue with a rough surface.
The yellow and red 8X should not have this issue (this ones have a smooth surface), users suspect that the rough surface causes the Difficulties.

cu

spiderbirdy

Last edited:

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Soft coating is rubbing off, I guess you should get a repair from HTC or exchange from the store you bought it from

spiderbirdy

Dec 13, 2007
Berlin
That's right, i wrote to HTC Facebook (Germany), they gave me the support phone number ( +49 692 222 7334) and they will change the cover when i send the 8X in. I hope to get a limelight yellow one ..................i'm too busy at the moment, to call the support

cu

spiderbirdy

chris719

Aug 31, 2011
I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.

Attachments

• Nyivy.jpg
    Nyivy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 854

spiderbirdy

Dec 13, 2007
Berlin
I don't think the coating is peeling off. Might be staining instead, hard to say. Here is a picture from another forum of someone who dropped it. It's clearly blue all the way through.

It`s peeling of, sure !!! The HTC Support knows the problem. First "Pre Released" Phones for Developers had the same problem. HTC said that this issue concerns just the "Pre-released" Phones, but it did not.
I think, it depends from what charge the cover is made. I'm not blind and i know how to clean........ ;)

cu

spiderbirdy

Puff1911

May 12, 2008
No issues with mine

Been using mine for roughly.. 6 months..

Mine is still in perfect condition.. maybe you should take better care of your phone :D

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
Glad to know it's just not my phone. I have a T-Mobile branded 8x with Rev 3 hardware. The rubber coating is peeling off of one of the corners. I have owned it for about 6 weeks now. I've never dropped it. it just lives in my jeans pocket with no keys or anything else in there. I did put an invisible shield on the front and back when I first got it, but it didn't quite cover the corner where it is now peeling. I guess I will try to send it in? Maybe they will give me one with Wireless charging!?!

crashteam

Apr 23, 2011
Braintree
HTC 8X Black

Have exact same problem with the corner...bottom right hand in my case on a black 8X.
At first I thought it was where I had changed the case that my phone lives in.
I have an armoured (ballistic) case that I use for work, as I work in construction it was important for me to protect my investment. I also have a flip case, used only for when out with friends for the pose value, and a soft gel case in red for every day use at home. SO....imagine my surprise when on evening I noticed the corner appeared to be peeling. I was gutted. Having spent £300 on the phone in sale, and been super careful to ensure that it is always protected, this little bugbear is almost unbearable. Shame on you HTC.
Perhaps anyone returning their HTC 8X could let the rest of us know how it turns out.