[Q] is this battery life normal?

Search This thread

sbs205

Mar 3, 2014
i have the dual sim version. both 2g. NO WI-FI AT ALL.
I usually get 3- 4 hours of screen on time. then im under 14% i just use whatsapp, a little gaming,opera mini browser. with this usage i get total 14-18 hours of battery. is this normal? my previous phone was nokua 5230 with inane battery life.

ItzzAce

May 14, 2013
not sure..

My battery life is better i think but cant say if yours is normal ... Screenshot of battery stats would be helpful

Reactions: sbs205

sbs205

Mar 3, 2014
My battery life is better i think but cant say if yours is normal ... Screenshot of battery stats would be helpful

I charged in the middle upto 80. Screen on time at that time was 3.5 hours

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-00-41-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-00-41-40.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2014-04-23-00-41-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-00-41-49.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 87

ItzzAce

May 14, 2013
Hmm..your battery life doesnt seem Bad to me, but I cant tell you if its actually a normal or a Bad battery life as i have the single sim Version with tweaky one Rom and faux kernel... Sorry, that i cant tell you more, but i saw some battery threads here at xda already, maybe you should ask there. Good Luck.

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
1. From screenshot it says 3G.. You sure you are on 2G all the time or this was just rare case?
2.From graph it seems like you charged phone in between from pretty low to quite respectable 70 - 80%.
3. I get this kind of battery on medium usage with single charge. So if you charged in between then your battery seems poor.
4. Do check background services running and disable what you can.. From usage you specified, you should not require many running things. Use greenify to automate this things.

BaghiXDA

Apr 17, 2014
He says he uses WhatsApp as well? Does it work on 2G connection too?. Thought I'd point out.

sbs205

Mar 3, 2014
1. From screenshot it says 3G.. You sure you are on 2G all the time or this was just rare case?
2.From graph it seems like you charged phone in between from pretty low to quite respectable 70 - 80%.
3. I get this kind of battery on medium usage with single charge. So if you charged in between then your battery seems poor.
4. Do check background services running and disable what you can.. From usage you specified, you should not require many running things. Use greenify to automate this things.

i didn't charge in between. i was just not able to fully charge my phone as i was in a hurry. before that i got my specified usage. and 3g is a rare case. i get very weak signal. so i use 2g network all the time

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
He says he uses WhatsApp as well? Does it work on 2G connection too?. Thought I'd point out.

Well yes. It works on any kind of connection.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

i didn't charge in between. i was just not able to fully charge my phone as i was in a hurry. before that i got my specified usage. and 3g is a rare case. i get very weak signal. so i use 2g network all the time

If that is the case then you are definitely having less battery life buddy..
What else is running in background?

sbs205

Mar 3, 2014

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

i had acdisplay but i dont use it now because i think it's eating up my battery. i have avast free, messenger, WhatsApp, clean master, dashclock widget and battery extenson . camera 360 is a bit nuisance. i close it but it starts again. also u should know that my phone was fully discharged two times when it was new
due to my carelessness. but i immediately charged it.

edit: also chrome on 2g takes up 1 or 2% every 3 or 4 minutes. it takes 3 or more hours to completely charge it with Motorola charger. I'm on GEL. got it from android police.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not sure..

Hmm..your battery life doesnt seem Bad to me, but I cant tell you if its actually a normal or a Bad battery life as i have the single sim Version with tweaky one Rom and faux kernel... Sorry, that i cant tell you more, but i saw some battery threads here at xda already, maybe you should ask there. Good Luck.