[Q] Location not found CM11 & pa_gapps_20140524

Search This thread

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
11-20140409-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.

I'm currently on Milaq's latest and have also had problems, here is what I've done :
Installed PA micro Gapps so that map's isn't a system app. Then disabled automatic update in Google play and installed this version of maps https://app.box.com/s/xepi3tqyu06bc01l8q6y which works after that I manually updated on play which has worked. If it doesn't just uninstall the latest version and revert back to the one you dl from the box link.

I hope this helps.

Works, kind of.

Thank you, the apk you linked to works.

Unfortunately, manual update breaks it again. I can restore to the downloaded apk, no problem.

I still have problems with location(even with the linked apk) for other applications(weather, etc.) not getting location.

I am guessing this has something to do with 4.4.2 builds and their interaction with Google.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Thank you, the apk you linked to works.

Unfortunately, manual update breaks it again. I can restore to the downloaded apk, no problem.

I still have problems with location(even with the linked apk) for other applications(weather, etc.) not getting location.

I am guessing this has something to do with 4.4.2 builds and their interaction with Google.

Sorry that didn't work for , you could make a backup of your current install and then see if Milaq's latest works for you as jcsullins rom I believe is based on Milaq's. That's what I ended up doing and am really pleased with it.
All the best and good luck.