Power button kills a phone call

Search This thread

Bowmanspeer

Jul 18, 2011
Oregon
There is an option in the call settings to check in order to have pressing the power button hang up a call. My flex started killing calls with power button as soon as I got kit Kat. I found the setting feature and it was already unchecked. I set it and rebooted, unchecked rebooted about 4 times. I have tried going back to 4.2.2 but for some reason I can't. Any other ideas?

Sent from my plasticy, bendy, electronic gadget thing using tapatalk forum reading/posting thing.

yogieajuz

Oct 19, 2010
New York
Did you unchecked the option (power key ends call) on the setting under accesbility?

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bowmanspeer

Jul 18, 2011
Oregon
Right. Unchecked there too.

Sent from my plasticy, bendy, electronic gadget thing using tapatalk forum reading/posting thing.

Qwerty1979

Apr 29, 2009
I live in sweden and got the kitkat update now i got the same problem and unchecking the checkbox doesnt help you had any luck solving the problem?

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Yep after KitKat and trying everything I have the same problem and nothing seems to fix it. The weird thing too is when I LG Flash back to stock Jellybean my double tap to wake doesn't work at all.

This should fix the knock on feature problem at least

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403588462271.jpg
    1403588462271.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 453

fleurdelisxliv

Jan 19, 2011
Louisiana
This back button hang up thing is pissin me off now i waited 45 mins on the phone this morn for an irs operator, soon as they picked up i hit the button and bam hung up.

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

ldsteele

Sep 4, 2013
This back button hang up thing is pissin me off now i waited 45 mins on the phone this morn for an irs operator, soon as they picked up i hit the button and bam hung up.

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

VS980 does the same thing double tap on blank screen or power button ends call. Not set to end call with power button in settings confirmed.

krigoth

Aug 21, 2014
FIX : shout down phone, press down all 3 buttons(volume up down and power) and waitfor some options to show up and turn them off.
Voila now your problem should be fix.
The option is for those whos touchscreen is not working and they can answer calls with the 3 buttons.

Apr 21, 2015
i know how to fix this

There is an option in the call settings to check in order to have pressing the power button hang up a call. My flex started killing calls with power button as soon as I got kit Kat. I found the setting feature and it was already unchecked. I set it and rebooted, unchecked rebooted about 4 times. I have tried going back to 4.2.2 but for some reason I can't. Any other ideas?

Resolution**** turn it off. Hold down the power and up and down volume keys all at once until a new screen pops up. Select the off option. Then your phone will reboot and the problem is fixed.
Dont waste your time calling your provider they are clueless. ?

Reactions: Hasanshehadeh

Hasanshehadeh

Oct 22, 2015
hello, i have found by accident how to fix this. It is not a software problem. Its a option enabled for those oho have cracked screen or thouch is not responding. In order to fix it turn off your phone and hold all 3 buttons pressed, volume up down and power buttons . Hold them untill some options show up. And turn that off. That should fix the problem . I Hope this helpped .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIX : shout down phone, press down all 3 buttons(volume up down and power) and waitfor some options to show up and turn them off.
    Voila now your problem should be fix.
    The option is for those whos touchscreen is not working and they can answer calls with the 3 buttons.
    i know how to fix this

Resolution**** turn it off. Hold down the power and up and down volume keys all at once until a new screen pops up. Select the off option. Then your phone will reboot and the problem is fixed.
    Dont waste your time calling your provider they are clueless. ?