[Solution] HC 3.1 OTA Difficulties 13% + Stock ODIN

Search This thread

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
Here's a solution that worked for me

Flash the below with ODIN (thanks to bonzai3558), extract the .md5 file from the zip, and in odin choose PDA and point to that file, keep everything else blank/default. Connect Tab with USB (after it is in download mode by power on +Volume down then volume up, so it shows the yellow android with shovel) then hit Start.

this ODIN version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDN6BYB2

and this pda md5: http://www.mediafire.com/?gcenefqc3khcc0c

Now when you check for OTA once your back up, itll work fine and get past 13% and go all the way (it is normal for it to stay a long time on 76%)

Best of all tablet is ROOTED

so this odin file is surely stock (and plays nice with the OTA update)

-PS: This odin file also will save your device if it is bricked or frozen (boot into download mode) power button + volume down button, then press volume up to select

*thanks pershoot for help as well

Last edited:

schwiz

Jul 3, 2009
this version of odin isn't seeing my tab. I have the samsung drivers installed. :/ But it still says unknown device when I go into fastboot mode and odin doesn't see it

edit: not sure what it is, my gigabyte mother board seems to hate samsung android devices. Worked like a champ with my wife's laptop. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: w4rmk

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
SS2006, you are awesome! Thanks for posting this. I flashed recovery.img, flashed boot.img, and restored all the original apps from the system dump, but I was still stuck at 13%.

Was totally WTF...?

Then saw this thread. FLashed the zip file, and BOOM. Software update success!

Pershoot is the man!

mattpall

Apr 9, 2009
Does this work on retail 10.1 tab

Can we odin back to stock with this image if we have the retail tab? Can we replace the retail bootloader with the I/O bootloader?

Riztnack

Jun 7, 2010
So I did this to a retail locked 16gb. I get force close messages like crazy now. Any idea on how to get back to stock?

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I tried this after an adb reboot,,, sent me into a boot loop and it did not clear it up so i did it the old fashoin way, hopefully can get it to work later would def help!

BurntSky

May 9, 2011

-PS: This odin file also will save your device if it is bricked or frozen (boot into download mode) power button + volume down button, then press volume up to select

This saved my LE I/O SGT! Was stuck in boot loop; couldn't connect with adb or fastboot, but could get into ODIN download mode. After flashing a couple other versions that either didn't work or had other issues (no USB, accelerometer, etc), I finally found this thread. Flashed this PDA and now I'm back up and running!

However, I had already messed up my bootloader. I flashed it with this version: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1083517 which is from the 10.1v retail edition. Now when I try to do the 3.1 OTA update, it won't boot into update mode. It fails and says to try doing the update with Kies. Do you have a bootloader that I can flash with ODIN for this same PDA version?

media_11

Feb 2, 2011
Bellingham, Washington
It did same for me, when i tried to do OTA update, it says failed to update and try to update with kies. I ended up factory resetting the device. Its still rooted and now I am trying to update again. Hopefully it works this time. For some reasons I can't launch any apps. They are all crashing. Any ideas what might be wrong?

BurntSky

May 9, 2011
It did same for me, when i tried to do OTA update, it says failed to update and try to update with kies. I ended up factory resetting the device. Its still rooted and now I am trying to update again. Hopefully it works this time. For some reasons I can't launch any apps. They are all crashing. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Any luck? I haven't had the app crashing problem, but it seems pretty common from reading around the forums.

I was able to install Kies and get it to recognize my tab (had to disable USB debugging first), however, it gives me the following message: "This version of the device cannot be updated." So, it seems I am still unable to get the HC 3.1 update... Anyone have a solution? I still think the original ODIN flashable bootloader from the same PDA as the OP might do the trick for OTA updates... Just not sure where to find it.

FWIW: Kies reports my current firmware version as: PDA:KE3 / CSC:KE3 (XAR)

Last edited:

media_11

Feb 2, 2011
Bellingham, Washington
It doesn't work for me either. I get the same error and when I tried to do OTA update, it reboots after the download saying it couldn't be updated. I think we need PDA with 3.1.
I haven't been able to use anything on my tablet. every app running in the background crashes and theres. I did system reset and factory reset but no luck.
Any help would be really appreciated.

BurntSky

May 9, 2011
It doesn't work for me either. I get the same error and when I tried to do OTA update, it reboots after the download saying it couldn't be updated. I think we need PDA with 3.1.
I haven't been able to use anything on my tablet. every app running in the background crashes and theres. I did system reset and factory reset but no luck.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Have you tried pershoot's 3.1 update yet? http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2075

drago009

Oct 18, 2010
odin is crashing es soon as i open it, anybody having the same problem?

update: nevermind, im using odin 1.82 and now im rooting my tab.

Last edited:

robobear

Jan 24, 2011
hey i got a stupid question:

i got tab 10.1 P7500 already on 3.1 HC

can i just flash the root exploit? using stock recovery?

just wanna make sure before i did something stupidly irreversible.

EDIT:

for those of you on locked 3.1 P7500 (indonesian edition) you can just skip the Odin flashing and directly place the root exploit to your root sd and then apply the update (just tried it and it works) i have root now.. moving on to CWM

Last edited:

paperc07

Jul 14, 2010
odin is crashing es soon as i open it, anybody having the same problem?

update: nevermind, im using odin 1.82 and now im rooting my tab.

mine is doing the same thing is it because im using ODIN3 1.85 do I need to use 1.82??

I dont understand I got PDA_SIGNED_HRI83_BUKDF.tar.md5 to work once but now its not and PDA_SIGNED_P7105.tar.md5 never works by the way which one is the retail one anyone know??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a solution that worked for me

Flash the below with ODIN (thanks to bonzai3558), extract the .md5 file from the zip, and in odin choose PDA and point to that file, keep everything else blank/default. Connect Tab with USB (after it is in download mode by power on +Volume down then volume up, so it shows the yellow android with shovel) then hit Start.

Now when you check for OTA once your back up, itll work fine and get past 13% and go all the way (it is normal for it to stay a long time on 76%)

Best of all tablet is ROOTED

so this odin file is surely stock (and plays nice with the OTA update)

*thanks pershoot for help as well
    this version of odin isn't seeing my tab. I have the samsung drivers installed. :/ But it still says unknown device when I go into fastboot mode and odin doesn't see it

edit: not sure what it is, my gigabyte mother board seems to hate samsung android devices. Worked like a champ with my wife's laptop. Thanks!