Windows 8 Phone on Galaxy S3

Search This thread

Tythas

Mar 17, 2010
Started to wander as to whether Windows Phone 8 will be hackable to the quad-core version of the SGS3, perhaps even dual boot.
I know Windows Phone 8 will be multicore compatible, and there's rumours that the SGS3 may host WP8, so is there a valid reason why the AD version of the SGS3 won't have WP8 ported to it?

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Started to wander as to whether Windows Phone 8 will be hackable to the quad-core version of the SGS3, perhaps even dual boot.
I know Windows Phone 8 will be multicore compatible, and there's rumours that the SGS3 may host WP8, so is there a valid reason why the AD version of the SGS3 won't have WP8 ported to it?

there are rumours that samsung will launch a new windows phone with a similar spec of sgs3 , if that happens then there is a near possibility of having WP(again if there is no copyrights issue). WP8 is no where in the picture yet, time will tell

harise100

Oct 20, 2011
The idea is cool, but I don't want a windows 8 launcher on my phone.

This is a tablet OS

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
The Ativ S looks awesome. I am very very tempted but I'd be lost without Android. Besides, I've only just got my SGS3

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using XDA Premium

leonbarroso

Apr 30, 2012
no way , with windows closed source

if you are thinking on change android to windows 8, dont do that

the actual windows phone 7 have a huge lack of apps

and it is closed like iOS

and it is very hard to jailbreak

netchow

Feb 27, 2011
Dual boot woudn't be a bad idea... I was always tempted to try Windows Phone but I think without Android I would also be lost. Buying a phone just to try the OS isn't a viable option :p

Reactions: scufutz

alexx910

Oct 31, 2010
This is crap guys, the hardware is more similar to the us-version of sgs3, not to the int. version... Cause MS will set on Dual-Core (maybe S4 SoaC), so its nearly impossible to expect windows phone 8 on our beloved phone, since the SoaC will be more or less incompatible. Just like it was with Galaxy S1 and WP7. If you have the time and aknowledge, you can compile it for the sgs3, but MS wont do anything, since they prefer snapdragon platform.

Neotk

Nov 13, 2012
Although that would be a nice play by MS to sell Windows Phone 8 as a hardware independent OS.

Simonetti2011

Sep 3, 2010
Belo Horizonte

Your sources of the rumors are?????

Whoever is spreading that either has very little technical and legal knowledge or is smoking some serious weed!!

Besides, what do you want WP8 for? If you want it so bad, just buy a Lumia, for God's sake. Android is much better than WP8 will ever be, and those who thing otherwise are just lame.

Useless thread.

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Top Tip. Pretend you have windows running on your S3 by massively undervolting so its really unstable and requires a reboot every few minutes ;)

Sent via TCP/IP

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
there are rumours that samsung will launch a new windows phone with a similar spec of sgs3 , if that happens then there is a near possibility of having WP(again if there is no copyrights issue). WP8 is no where in the picture yet, time will tell

Lol no copyright issue? Man you are talking of Microsoft !!! You can only have copyright issues with them lol...

If you want Win8 on your phone buy one with it inside. If Icould I would get definitely rid of Win stuff but I must use it at work. I'm not naive, Google is hell too, but it's a more funny hell than Win and the other one I can't remember the name.

Wisenos

Oct 26, 2010
well
comparison of S3 and Ativ S
after comparing ther Ativ S and the S3 i747
both seems to be almost identical apart from physical view and software (well, no LTE on the Ativ) but... both are real close in specs
only diff i can see a part from the LTE is the cpu wich are the same a part from the "krait" identifier

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
Your sources of the rumors are?????

Whoever is spreading that either has very little technical and legal knowledge or is smoking some serious weed!!

Besides, what do you want WP8 for? If you want it so bad, just buy a Lumia, for God's sake. Android is much better than WP8 will ever be, and those who thing otherwise are just lame.

Useless thread.

Most retarded comment of the week

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Amritttt

Apr 20, 2010
Jalandhar
So now ativ s is released in few countries now so is it possible?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dual boot woudn't be a bad idea... I was always tempted to try Windows Phone but I think without Android I would also be lost. Buying a phone just to try the OS isn't a viable option :p
    Top Tip. Pretend you have windows running on your S3 by massively undervolting so its really unstable and requires a reboot every few minutes ;)

Sent via TCP/IP