Network unlock unsuccessful with code

Search This thread

vdiablo69

Feb 14, 2014
I purchased a network unlock code from a site ive used many times. I put in a different sim in and it prompted for a code. I entered the code it said it was unsuccessful so i tried it again with same outcome. I read about having to use *#7465625# to unlock it so i tried that with no results. I figured if i flashed back to stock maybe those codes would work but that didnt make a difference. Now it no longer prompts me to enter an unlock code but will not register on the network. Ive read that it may be frozen but im not sure how to enter the unfreeze code. Can anyone help me please?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you get any codes other than the sim unlock code? You'll need a complete set of codes to unfreeze the phone asit is probably hard locked at the moment.

What phone do you have (i.e. i747 or i747m)? What stock ROM did you install on the phone?

RA017

Jul 28, 2010
I purchased a network unlock code from a site ive used many times. I put in a different sim in and it prompted for a code. I entered the code it said it was unsuccessful so i tried it again with same outcome. I read about having to use *#7465625# to unlock it so i tried that with no results. I figured if i flashed back to stock maybe those codes would work but that didnt make a difference. Now it no longer prompts me to enter an unlock code but will not register on the network. Ive read that it may be frozen but im not sure how to enter the unfreeze code. Can anyone help me please?

Are you on Android 4.3? If not you just need to flash the 4.1.1 radio to free unlock the phone. By the way, i heard that after 5 failed attempts of inputting the network unlock code your phone will need a master unlock code to unlock.

vdiablo69

Feb 14, 2014
Are you on Android 4.3? If not you just need to flash the 4.1.1 radio to free unlock the phone. By the way, i heard that after 5 failed attempts of inputting the network unlock code your phone will need a master unlock code to unlock.

Im on 4.1.1 but would like to use a custom rom will that affect it? Ive read that it may be frozen after 3 unsuccessful attempts but I dont think i entered it 3 times. I do have a defreeze code aswell but how do i enter it?

vdiablo69

Feb 14, 2014
Are you on completely stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader? If you are, did you try unlocking the phone using the free method from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2176719 ?

No i have clockworkmod but its been so long I forget how to uninstall it though Ive figured it would help me unlock it. Ive read that free unlock doesnt work on all custom roms plus I already have the code so i might as well use it

vdiablo69

Feb 14, 2014
Did you get any codes other than the sim unlock code? You'll need a complete set of codes to unfreeze the phone asit is probably hard locked at the moment.

What phone do you have (i.e. i747 or i747m)? What stock ROM did you install on the phone?

I have the i747m with 4.1.1 and clockworkmod. Also I have network, provider, subprovider, defreeze codes.

RA017

Jul 28, 2010
haha yes Ive tried them but those codes do nothing when I dial them in. Only code that works is to get the imei and *#197328640#.

I recently bought 2 i747M, one comes with 4.1.2 and one comes with 4.3.

For the 4.1.2, I just need to flash back to the 4.1.1 stock radio (the ROM is still 4.1.2), then I just follow the instruction below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514

(You need to be on stock rom in order to have the dialer code working)

For the 4.3, I play it safe and bought an unlock code for it which works on the 1st try.