[Q] Samsung Smart Dock and OmniROM?

Search This thread

adriskrayzee

Apr 20, 2014
Hello team. I can't seem to find an official support page, I installed OmniROM 4.4.2 20140418 for Note 2 N7100 and I am extremely pleased with it, everything is working smoothly.

The only issue I have is that my Samsung Smart Dock just arrived yesterday and doesn't seem to recognize it at all, it only charges the phone, there's no notification about the dock, no video output and no detection of other usb accessories, the 9mm audio output doesn't work neither.

It's working with my dad's untouched S4, so I came to the conclusion it had to do something with OmniROM.

I have looked thoroughly into this problem in the forum and Google but haven't seen anyone address it directly.

Any support or workaround would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Hello team. I can't seem to find an official support page, I installed OmniROM 4.4.2 20140418 for Note 2 N7100 and I am extremely pleased with it, everything is working smoothly.

The only issue I have is that my Samsung Smart Dock just arrived yesterday and doesn't seem to recognize it at all, it only charges the phone, there's no notification about the dock, no video output and no detection of other usb accessories, the 9mm audio output doesn't work neither.

It's working with my dad's untouched S4, so I came to the conclusion it had to do something with OmniROM.

I have looked thoroughly into this problem in the forum and Google but haven't seen anyone address it directly.

Any support or workaround would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Who knows - maybe support isn't in the kernel, or for audio, the audio HAL is missing support for it.

Problem is that supporting this requires there to be a maintainer who owns the accessory - and right now, the Note 2 maintainer is a bit inexperienced (he's learning, but he still has quite a bit to learn) and he also doesn't own that accessory.