Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
Hi foks!

I've read in a Tech review that de 2x is withnissing signal droppes when held with your hand.
Can anyone conform this,

I know it will drop on every phone these days and I don't mind if the signal drops.
As long as not everything drops.... (so you still have atleast one signal bar).
I have big hands and am worried about this problem.

Moonie17

May 31, 2010
Jersey
I know where your coming from here my hands arnt the smallest..... maybe a case will help? (laughs.... iPhone 4)

SnEAkyy

Jun 3, 2009
I don't have antenna problems (as far as i've noticed) but.... I do have one strange problem, I am able to call, and be called., but sometimes I can't hear anything and I'm also not able to talk to the other person. The other person can't hear me as well, it's like a total calling black-out. After rebooting a few times, it works again.. Does anyone has this as well ? (I haven't found out what's causing this)

- SnEAky

Last edited:

xmoo

Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
I don't have antenna problems (as far as i've noticed) but.... I do have one strange problem, I am able to call, and be called., but sometimes I can't hear anything and I'm also not able to talk to the other person. The other person can't hear me as well, it's like a total calling black-out. After rebooting a few times, it works again.. Does anyone has this as well ? (I haven't found out what's causing this)

- SnEAky

Nope, havn't withnessd it here....

Moonie17

May 31, 2010
Jersey

- SnEAky

Hmm.... sounds like you either have a faulty unit, in which case try taking it back or its something to do with your carrier? have you ever experienced these problems before with your carrier?

aiondennis9000

Jul 8, 2007
Hi foks!

I've read in a Tech review that de 2x is withnissing signal droppes when held with your hand.
Can anyone conform this,

I know it will drop on every phone these days and I don't mind if the signal drops.
As long as not everything drops.... (so you still have atleast one signal bar).
I have big hands and am worried about this problem.

I have this issue when the setting is on GSM/UMTS. Then when holding the phone operating it normally you can see the signal drop to one bar and sometimes zero bar. When set to GSM only I get full bar any which way I hold it.

The antenna is clearly on the bottom of the device. Covering it with the palm kills the signal bassically. True tale.

DocRambone

Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
From anandtech:

"Signal Attenuation Comparison in dB—Lower is Better

Cupping Tightly Holding Naturally On an Open Palm
LG Optimus 2X 13.7 9.3 5.9
Nexus S 13.3 6.1 4.3
Droid 2 11.5 5.1 4.5
BlackBerry Torch 15.9 7.1 3.7
Dell Streak 14.0 8.7 4.0
Droid X 15.0 5.1 4.5
iPhone 4 24.6 19.8 9.2
iPhone 3GS 14.3 1.9 0.2
HTC Nexus One 17.7 10.7 6.7"

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4144/...gra-2-review-the-first-dual-core-smartphone/9

Mertoglu

Feb 27, 2006
I tried it now with 2 hands and full signal. There is no difference.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

BatfinkUK1

Mar 9, 2011

- SnEAky
How long have you been having these issues?

Are you 100% sure it's not carrier issues / local interference.
I manage 15+ mobiles of various makes at work and see the issues you describe maybe once a year, they are usual resolved by rebooting a couple of times and maybe waiting an hour or two. :)

SnEAkyy

Jun 3, 2009
Hmm.... sounds like you either have a faulty unit, in which case try taking it back or its something to do with your carrier? have you ever experienced these problems before with your carrier?

I haven't experienced it before.

How long have you been having these issues?

Are you 100% sure it's not carrier issues / local interference.
I manage 15+ mobiles of various makes at work and see the issues you describe maybe once a year, they are usual resolved by rebooting a couple of times and maybe waiting an hour or two. :)

I had these issues since Tuesday evening and Wednesday almost all day, after booting up to 3 times, it works for a few moments and then it was dead again(I also had some problems with changing the volume in media, the buttons just didnt work in some games). So today i decided to do a hard reset, and so far everything seems like it's working. I tried to call a few times today, and it worked. But there was one moment there was this strange noise, like a zooming bee.. really soft, but the other person could hear it better than me. I was also able again to change the media volume in games.

If i experience any troubles I'll share them again :) Thanks for the replies so far

-- EDIT
It happened again -.- Can't hear or talk again. Going to call LG and T-mobile about it tomorrow

--EDIT 2
I decided the cancel my contract renewal with this phone. Returned it to T-mobile and i'll just wait a few more months to see what will come ! I just didn't want to take a risk to use the VIP service within the 8 days you can decide to agree on the contract or not. And also, having to use the VIP service while your phone is just 2 days old gives me a bad feeling about this phone (also reading other stories about bugs and stuff). I hope others do enjoy their phone :)

- SnEAky

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the phone.

Signal drop is max 2 bars, I can live with that.