**Relocked** phone and now i can't unlock it

Search This thread

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything works fine, but now i can't unlock it for some reason i'm S-OFF and my CID is 11111111. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck and have even tried getting a new token.

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

i've also tried this (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2708571) however i got this:

1|shell@htc_m8:/ $ echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
lock/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: cannot open for write: Permission denied
1|shell@htc_m8:/ $
C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as well as superSU... please someone help me

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
Hey guys i just flashed the 1.54 firmware and in the process i relocked the phone. I flashed the firmware and everything works fine, but now i can't unlock it for some reason i'm S-OFF and my CID is 11111111. I tried the command to flash the token but no luck and have even tried getting a new token.

C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1830711296 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.124s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
FAILED (remote: unlock token check failed)
finished. total time: 0.129s

i've also tried this (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2708571) however i got this:

1|shell@htc_m8:/ $ echo -ne "HTCU" | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796
lock/mmcblk0p2 bs=1 seek=33796 <
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2: cannot open for write: Permission denied
1|shell@htc_m8:/ $
C:\Users\haswell\Desktop\platform-tools>

i also realized that my recovery is no longer working as well as superSU... please someone help me

You'll have to flash the STOCK Hboot for the Unlock_code.bin to work

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Also, if you flash the unsecure boot.img then you can send root (su) command line through adb shell to unlock that way

To flash boot or recovery or Hboot just zip it together with your devices android-info.txt and named properly and flash through bootloader (like with splash1.img)

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
You'll have to flash the STOCK Hboot for the Unlock_code.bin to work

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Also, if you flash the unsecure boot.img then you can send root (su) command line through adb shell to unlock that way

To flash boot or recovery or Hboot just zip it together with your devices android-info.txt and named properly and flash through bootloader (like with splash1.img)

Any idea where i can get that? and how?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I'm Verizon, soooooo I've got the Verizon stuff.

If you've got time to wait, I MAY, be able to look around and find what you need. But no promises, and I won't be able to give time to this for another umm I dunno 6~7 hours.....

itzjonjon69

Jan 6, 2009
Tempe, AZ
fixed!!! forum member russellvone just SAVED my ass. So what he did was he had me download this file for my ATT M8

https://mega.co.nz/#!NUURzC5T!tCjG3n...c6zRAwOPZ8T2PI and told me to rename it 0P6BIMG.zip and place it in my adb fastboot folder

then he told me to run these commands:

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 0P6BIMG.zip
fastboot reboot

then once everything was done we ran the commands from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571) and voila! i'm once again unlocked! He explained to me that when i tried to run the unlock commands before it didn't work because i had the secure boot.img and what he had me flash was a file he created which made it unsecure so i could run the command. HUGE HUGE props to this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: russellvone

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Since we've determined you're on an AT&T M8, I have moved this thread to that section.

Reactions: russellvone

mike260193

Mar 10, 2015
hello

I have an HTC one m8 from verizon im trying to update from HTC Sync Manager, my device is S-off, unlocked, im i goint ot be able to donwload it ?

because i read that there is an update available the lolipop one, and i stil cant get it

im frustrated, id appreciate your help
Side note ;)

If you're S-OFF

There's absolutely no need to RELOCK bootloader

Even for OTA updates ;)

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
hello

I have an HTC one m8 from verizon im trying to update from HTC Sync Manager, my device is S-off, unlocked, im i goint ot be able to donwload it ?

because i read that there is an update available the lolipop one, and i stil cant get it

im frustrated, id appreciate your help

This forum section is specific to the AT&T version, and Verizon has some very distinct differences (CDMA device is actually different hardware, no official bootloader unlock, etc.). Advice you get from AT&T users may not be correct for you. So I suggest that you post in the Verizon specific M8 section for the best help.

One thing I can say, I've never heard about updating via HTC Sync. I've only heard or updating by OTA or RUU.

With OTA update, you typically just need a stock ROM (no modification to /system by root) and stock recovery. Root is okay, bootloader unlock is ok.

With RUU, it doesn't matter what ROM or recovery (they will both be over-written by the RUU). And with s-off, bootloader unlock is ok.

But again, I'm a user of the AT&T version. So this might not be the most accurate info for the VZN variant.

Top Liked Posts