Rooted phone, need to unroot but having problems.

Search This thread

Rachel_23

Apr 16, 2014
I've been trying to unlock my phone with an unlock code but it hasn't been working.
I then saw that Superuser is on the phone and seem to recall rooting it at some point.
I need to unroot the phone but am confused by how to do this as I can't find the correct downloads I need to complete this task.
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S 4G Fascinate (SGH-T959P)
I'm not very experienced with this, so if someone can give me instructions and link me to the software I need, that'd be great.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I've been trying to unlock my phone with an unlock code but it hasn't been working.
I then saw that Superuser is on the phone and seem to recall rooting it at some point.
I need to unroot the phone but am confused by how to do this as I can't find the correct downloads I need to complete this task.
The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S 4G Fascinate (SGH-T959P)
I'm not very experienced with this, so if someone can give me instructions and link me to the software I need, that'd be great.

download SuperSU from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

let it install and overwrite the other Superuser app you have installed, you may want to reboot just to make sure it installs properly. after that, go to the settings tab and looks for the option that says "permanent unroot" and run it.
i haven't actually tried this before, but it may work for ya. let me know how it goes.

Rachel_23

Apr 16, 2014
I tried that earlier today about 10 times. Only once was I able to actually get SuperSU to install correctly and update the binary. Every other time it just hung up. The one time I did get it working it got stuck trying to Unroot. I wish that solution had worked, it would have been so much easier!

Rachel_23

Apr 16, 2014
Well I finally found the firmware and have it reset back to factory Samsung firmware.
It took FOREVER to download but it did work in the end with Odin 1.85
I have to split the URL as I can't post links yet.
ht tp:// rapidgator.n et /file/ 3eee7663a73fff4315fefae7210d63a3

Remove the spaces, and that link will take you to the T959P stock firmware.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Well I finally found the firmware and have it reset back to factory Samsung firmware.
It took FOREVER to download but it did work in the end with Odin 1.85
I have to split the URL as I can't post links yet.
ht tp:// rapidgator.n et /file/ 3eee7663a73fff4315fefae7210d63a3

Remove the spaces, and that link will take you to the T959P stock firmware.

i was always curious as to why stock firmware was so hard to come across for this phone.. oh well. glad you got a solution. that would've been my next suggestion.

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
i kept a nandroid backup just incase all the stock firmares were gone just to be safe ;) so if you need to get fully stock, custom recovery, then make a nandroid backup, it will be incomaptible with newer cwm, but its convertible with a tool ive seen before on xda-developers so u may need to look, as that and one more can make it into a twrp compatible also =)

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
i kept a nandroid backup just incase all the stock firmares were gone just to be safe ;) so if you need to get fully stock, custom recovery, then make a nandroid backup, it will be incomaptible with newer cwm, but its convertible with a tool ive seen before on xda-developers so u may need to look, as that and one more can make it into a twrp compatible also =)

this person is talking about the Telus Fascinate (t959d) which is not the verizon fascinate (i500).
t959d is good with i9000 roms. not fascinatemtd roms.