how to root s4 i19505

Search This thread

denclaud

Apr 24, 2011
As what the title says I need to root my s4,
model is GT-I9505
version is 4.4.2
baseband is I9505XXUFBE

Thanks in advance guys. Sorry if this topic is already posted but I already tried searching but didnt find anything that can help me.

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
what drivers? PC S4 (USB and other) drivers? Go and install Kies and let it connect once, it will DL the proper drivers and install them, and after that kill Kies and Kies processes on your PC and you're set for Odin...

Edit: Then if you need those specific drivers again and on the same PC (or even a different one), then repeat the steps or simply perform the backup with Driver Magician or similar and you'll have them even after the PC format...

Last edited:
Reactions: denclaud

denclaud

Apr 24, 2011
Dang! now I already rooted my phone. So whats next for me? Should i install recovery now?

worktorest

Jul 17, 2013
Go ahead and install a custom recovery and flash away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

denclaud

Apr 24, 2011
Whew tried searching for a complete and specific guide on how to flash a recovery but couldn't find the specific one for this model. Any one who has a linked that I can follow? will really appreciate it. thanks guys.

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
Whew tried searching for a complete and specific guide on how to flash a recovery but couldn't find the specific one for this model. Any one who has a linked that I can follow? will really appreciate it. thanks guys.

Download this tar.md5 from here & use it like you did when you rooted it from the link in my 1st reply :cowboy:

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
PhilZ is an advanced version of custom recovery with more customization and options. It is working great and I don't really see the need to go for a regular CWM; either PhilZ or TWRP should be the way to go - depends on what you fancy more :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As what the title says I need to root my s4,
    model is GT-I9505
    version is 4.4.2
    baseband is I9505XXUFBE

Thanks in advance guys. Sorry if this topic is already posted but I already tried searching but didnt find anything that can help me.

Here you go check out this link
    It has all info you need :cowboy:
    what drivers? PC S4 (USB and other) drivers? Go and install Kies and let it connect once, it will DL the proper drivers and install them, and after that kill Kies and Kies processes on your PC and you're set for Odin...

Edit: Then if you need those specific drivers again and on the same PC (or even a different one), then repeat the steps or simply perform the backup with Driver Magician or similar and you'll have them even after the PC format...
    Thanks bud! will try it later thanks for all the help! :)

No worries glad I could help ya :cowboy: