[Q] Xperia Play Screen Issue

Search This thread

MattM85

Aug 29, 2014
Hi

I am trying to get my old Xperia Play working again. I had no issues during the two years when it was my main phone, but I since have got the HTC One, and let the wife use the Xperia as her second phone. As far as i can tell, the rings on her fingers have damaged the screen. It does not respond to about 90% of commands, but there are some areas on the screen that still work. Typing is a nightmare, you have to turn the phone 90 and 180 degrees for certain letters to work, and some don't work at all...

I am pretty sure that a new screen would fix it, but somebody I work with said that even a new screen would not fix this issue as it's an old phone that relies on pressure on the screen to work.

Please can anyone advise what parts I would need to repair it. I am happy to do it myself, but don't know if it's a lost cause?

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Xperia play screen is not pressure based. I don't like this kind of people that think they know best. I actually think that you actually can replace a pressure based (capacitive I think?) screen btw.

Anyway, all you need to replace is most probably just a digitizer. It's not that expensive and the repair is not that hard to do.
Here's a replacement guide that I used mainly because it's high resolution and you can actually see which screw originally was, that's really helpful.
https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&sour...YbGu3YV4G_0d32Jmw&sig2=zfJiuxMUKufhSRmectIvHA

Reactions: MattM85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia play screen is not pressure based. I don't like this kind of people that think they know best. I actually think that you actually can replace a pressure based (capacitive I think?) screen btw.

Anyway, all you need to replace is most probably just a digitizer. It's not that expensive and the repair is not that hard to do.
    Here's a replacement guide that I used mainly because it's high resolution and you can actually see which screw originally was, that's really helpful.
    https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&sour...YbGu3YV4G_0d32Jmw&sig2=zfJiuxMUKufhSRmectIvHA