Samsung Galaxy S2 tmobile home search,menu,back button not working

Phone is rooted and below is the configuration

Model nuumber sgh-T989
Android version : 2.3.5
Build number: gingerbread.uvkid

Last edited:

ken2110

Dec 23, 2010
Can some one please check. I rooted the phone and the buttons were working after that. But they stopped working after I installed unlock sgs app from market. Did anyone faced any of these issues.

Problem is all the 4 buttons didn't work no LED light and no function.

ken2110

Dec 23, 2010
took the battery out and restarted. But no effect. Still same. Any help will be greatly appreciated

SGS2X

Nov 12, 2011
Toronto
Can some one please check. I rooted the phone and the buttons were working after that. But they stopped working after I installed unlock sgs app from market. Did anyone faced any of these issues.

None of the unlock apps from the market work on the T-mobile/Telus version of the sgs2, so maybe that might be the problem? Try uninstalling it..

Or try wiping dalvik cache?

If that doesn't work, backup the apps and stuff using titanium backup and flash the rom/kernal again (factory wipe, wipe dalvik cache and other cache)

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Yeah try uninstalling that app then reboot into recovery and clear your dalvik cache.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ken2110

Dec 23, 2010
No results

Done factory reset cleared all the cache and its same.. all 4 buttons not working..

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Done factory reset cleared all the cache and its same.. all 4 buttons not working..

Alright well then you're going to have to do a full wipe and re flash the ROM.

Not positive that will work, but it's your only option at this point. If that doesn't work, it might be a hardware problem.

EDIT: I guess you could try clearing both caches and flashing the same ROM without a full wipe.

Last edited:

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
any idea how to do that

Put the ROM on the root of your external sd card, reboot into recovery, go to backup/restore and do a backup, wipe data, clear cache, go to advanced and clear dalvik, go to install zip from sd, choose zip from sd, then click on the ROM .zip file.

Let me know if you need help.

Last edited:

ken2110

Dec 23, 2010
which will be the good ROM for samsung galaxy s2 T989 t mobile.. is Cynogen good or Icecream

ken2110

Dec 23, 2010
i loaded Icecream (domination1.5) but it has not fixed the problem... This is the unique problem I guess..

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
i loaded Icecream (domination1.5) but it has not fixed the problem... This is the unique problem I guess..

Damn, definitely call Tmobile and get a replacement sent out. Just make sure to return your phone to stock before sending it back. Tell them you have already done a factory reset to save yourself some time.

doxman

Oct 25, 2011
Exact same problem

Hi ken,
I did the exact same thing that you did. I was trying to unlock my Tmobile Galaxy S2 with that very same app and after that ,,,boom,,, the soft buttons all stopped working... no lights at all...I'm only able to use the touchscreen but not the buttons. I've researched a lot and a lot of people have suggested flashing different kernels and I've done that too but haven't been able to fix it even till today. Please let me know if you've figured it out. Thanks.