[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

dragon_rckr

Jun 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Sorry for the dumb question. I am new to flashing, just flashed this last night. But how do i install the gapps_ics_20111216b.zip? Am assuming in this are the apps such as market and others?

No prob, we were all noobs at some point :eek:

Yes, it includes the market as well as gmail and google sign in. Just flash in recovery as you did the rom, wipe cache and dalvik cacke, reboot and you should all be set.

Reactions: ink718

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
Anyone know if there is gonna be an update soon? Seeing as how this was last updated the 11th I'm sure we r do for one eventually but don't want to flash now and have an update tomorrow :p haha
Edit: and sorry in advance if this has been asked 284738286274 times already. Haven't followed this thread to much.
Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

jdbiggles

Aug 3, 2009
Seattle, WA
ADB Driver?

My hard drive crashed and I had to put in a new one and install all new OS (xp) ... Now I can't get the driver to install for adb. Need some help here.

Here are the steps I have done.
I re-downloaded and installed Android SDK, the newest version (rev 16)
SDK Manager prompted me to install 4.0.3 packages (api 15) > installed
Put Evo into debugging mode (Settings>Developer options>USB debugging ticked)
Connected phone via USB with SDK Manager open
Windows popup indicates New Hardware > Several popups:
1. Android Phone
2. USB Composite Device
3. Mass Storage
4. USB mass storage device
5. Android Phone
Found New Hardware Window pops up asking to install driver for Android Phone > cancel
More New Hardware popups:
6. HTC SuperSonic USB Device
7. Disk Drive
8. Generic Volume
9. A problem occurred during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly.

Shouldn't the driver install automatically?
Do I need to install other Android API packages? (previous versions: 2.2 or 2.3.3?)
I'm searching google for the driver now but would prefer some help with the matter, as there's not much info about 4.0.3 and adb on the internet as far as I can tell. And I don't want to install the wrong driver.

nlghtcrawler

Dec 12, 2010
Roswell
Anyone know if there is gonna be an update soon? Seeing as how this was last updated the 11th I'm sure we r do for one eventually but don't want to flash now and have an update tomorrow :p haha
Edit: and sorry in advance if this has been asked 284738286274 times already. Haven't followed this thread to much.

Last i read on twitter he is waiting for kernal updates

Reactions: kr1m3boss

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
wow ... this thread sure hit a brick wall

No. We're all just holding our breath waiting for the next drop. Happens over on the CM forums too. A drop comes out and everyone is real excited and the forum comes alive discussing it which prompts an explosion of off-topic posts just because one comment prompts a random thought to another who wanders off on a tangent. Then it dies down into a steady state for a while and, if the next drop takes too long, then we see a "where's the next drop" spike as the crack adicts look for their next fix of new toys to play with. But that then dies down and we all wait. That's merely the way of the world.

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
-------news about the next release-------

Just in case anyone cares or is asking about ETAs on the next release.....

vdpd9u.png

cyanfrost

Jan 1, 2009
Does anyone else have slow 3g speeds? I cant get above 120 b/s. I've tried this fix but now I'm getting worse speeds (30-80 b/s). If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Wonder who made the kernel to boot initially and get us this far? I thought it was the tiamat kernel modded by preludedrew? Maybe they just need an official HTC built 4.0.x kernel? Wish I knew more about this stuff, too.

A-to-the-J

Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
Anybody having issues with contacts? I loaded the file from the SD card but it doesn't get all of them. Also, I can't view just my phone contacts. It's either all synced accounts AND all contacts or just synced. Any help?

4Geein it with Deck's ICS rom.

Last edited:
C

cesjr02

Anybody having issues with contacts? I loaded the file from the SD card but it doesn't get all of them. Also, I can't view just my phone contacts. It's either all synced accounts AND all contacts or just synced. Any help?

4Geein it with Deck's ICS rom.

Why not sync your contacts from your google account? You never have to worry about backups and they're always there.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
^^^^^^^^
Lol I had my android phone for about 6 months before I figured that out. Used to always rely on SD backups.

@ guy with contacts problems, maybe nand back to rom with ALL your contacts, and select to sync all contacts to Google (through Contacts>menu, AND through Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google>contacts )
Then when you come back to this rom, after signing into Google acct, all contacts should sync.

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
Wonder who made the kernel to boot initially and get us this far? I thought it was the tiamat kernel modded by preludedrew? Maybe they just need an official HTC built 4.0.x kernel? Wish I knew more about this stuff, too.

Sigh... Unfortunately, I do know more about this stuff, as a kernel developer myself (not Android related!) and I'm under the impression that it's what we've known about all along. The big thing is the drivers. We're waiting on drivers for the video to make the QR code scanners work and the video recording work and at a standstill till that happens. This Qualcom qsd8k processor support is a stumbing block. Who is working on it?

I'm known for rolling up my sleaves and digging into other people's Linux device drivers (check out x10dev) just to scratch an itch but I'm not even sure where to begin with this and I DO NOT DO TWITTER (PITA). My particular device driver in the Linux kernel is an old massive high speed serial port driver with no relevance to Android in any way shape or form (unless it suddently sprouts an ESDI, MCA, or ISA bus and people develope a bad case of masochism) used in massive servers farms. I haven't done anything in the video arena and I have no clue where the current working sources are hosted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D