[MODEM] Main modem XX versions flashable through CWM

Search This thread

n-zocker

Jul 24, 2008
OnePlus 8 Pro
Got a question really..
Anybody knows any app to use to flash modems straight when the phone is still switched on?
Meaning that I don't have to go to recovery mode and install zip from there.

Regards,
Shawn.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

darkyota app search for it in play store...but you still have to restart your device after falsh

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: shawnaye

Mr.V786

Apr 3, 2012
Manchester, UK
Got a question really..
Anybody knows any app to use to flash modems straight when the phone is still switched on?
Meaning that I don't have to go to recovery mode and install zip from there.

Regards,
Shawn.

Hi Shawn,

what rom and kernel are you using?

I presume the modem has to be flashed in cwm recovery as it would be in use when the phone is switched on? thats my logic and thinking behind it, maybe someone who is more experience can elaborate.

I flash 17 modems lastnite all via cwm recovery and booted first time and recognised the modems straight away and ran speed tests.

I would download the speedtest app and check your speeds first.

from my testing and experience some modems where worse than others and some where just crazy 3bars @ HSDPA! NELP2, XXKPA, XXKP4, XXKP8, DXLP7 and BOKG7

hope that helps

Mr.V

shawnaye

Sep 28, 2011
Hi Shawn,

what rom and kernel are you using?

I presume the modem has to be flashed in cwm recovery as it would be in use when the phone is switched on? thats my logic and thinking behind it, maybe someone who is more experience can elaborate.

I flash 17 modems lastnite all via cwm recovery and booted first time and recognised the modems straight away and ran speed tests.

I would download the speedtest app and check your speeds first.

from my testing and experience some modems where worse than others and some where just crazy 3bars @ HSDPA! NELP2, XXKPA, XXKP4, XXKP8, DXLP7 and BOKG7

hope that helps

Mr.V

Haha, think you misunderstood me. All I was looking for was the darkyota app. But thanks anyway. I'm just a lazy bum trying not to go into recovery to flash a package every other time.

sfara

Sep 8, 2009
Bucharest
I'm using ICS Resurrection Remix PRO 1.1 on my international version of I9100 and i don't get the HSDPA+ speeds the phone is capable of...all i get is H and never H+...why ?
Second question...what's the best radio for Vodafone Romania ... if anyone has a clue...right now i'm using xxlph.

sfara

Sep 8, 2009
Bucharest
So i've made a backup of my modem using the backup utility posted on the first page and resulted in a .bin file. How do i flash it back ?

Mr.V786

Apr 3, 2012
Manchester, UK
+1

I'm having issues when recieving a call and the people the other end can't hear me with XXLPS

I can't seem to download the Odin file on the stock firmware thread as FileFactory always tells me the slots are busy

Hi mate,

Im in the UK and im using NELP2 cwm flashable downloaded from here its the best for me its tweaked for the 3 network but its a blazing quick modem! I also had good luck with XXKP4, KP8 and KPA but found NELP faster. try playing around with those, there all flashable via cwm recovery so no need for odin.

Hope that helps mate.

Mr.V

Reactions: FlanFlinger
Hi mate,

Im in the UK and im using NELP2 cwm flashable downloaded from here its the best for me its tweaked for the 3 network but its a blazing quick modem! I also had good luck with XXKP4, KP8 and KPA but found NELP faster. try playing around with those, there all flashable via cwm recovery so no need for odin.

Hope that helps mate.

Mr.V

Cheers fella, just flashed it, certainly seems quicker, even with just Edge.
I'll see how it fares over the weekend, it's the whole "hello hello" thing that was getting on my t!ts

Mr.V786

Apr 3, 2012
Manchester, UK
Cheers fella, just flashed it, certainly seems quicker, even with just Edge.
I'll see how it fares over the weekend, it's the whole "hello hello" thing that was getting on my t!ts

Great stuff! lol I know what you mean, the NELP2 is a lil speed demon as I like to call it.

Just installed BOKG1 which is the tmobile modem and got good scores. Try it

Wont let me upload pic from xda app but 1.4mb download and 1.2mb upload.

Highest is 1.8mb download with NELP2 but with my current rom n kernal im gettin low scores.

Great stuff! lol I know what you mean, the NELP2 is a lil speed demon as I like to call it.

Just installed BOKG1 which is the tmobile modem and got good scores. Try it

Wont let me upload pic from xda app but 1.4mb download and 1.2mb upload.

Highest is 1.8mb download with NELP2 but with my current rom n kernal im gettin low scores.

I'll have a fiddle in the morning, the "vino collapso" is kicking in nicely now lol

robbiekhan

Aug 22, 2009
I did a few tests with different modems just now, all from the same location around the same time using the same server.
I took the best result from 3 tests each.

Modem XXLPR
modem_XXLPR.png

Modem XXLPS
modem_XXLPS.png

Modem DXLP7
modem_DXLP7.png

Modem NELP2
modem_NELP2_2.png

I have a feeling that while LPR and LPS are fast, they drain more battery having used them over a few days in the past.
NELP2 seems to be the choice for battery/speed on the 3 network. I noticed that only on NELP2 that the 3G and H symbol switch between each other as I use data services, none of the other modems switched between 3G and HSDPA, like as if it was always in HSDPA mode.

NELP2 also had the best average of all 3 tests getting 9Mbps, 9Mbps and 11Mbps respectively for download.

I suppose that's to be expected since NELP2 is a 3 network optimised modem anyway.

The tests using speedtest.net app above consumed 193MB of data combined according to ICS!!

I'm on HydrogenICS ROM (31.3.2012 release) and with Siyah 3.1rc2 kernel with default CPU profile.

Edit*
It's rather nice knowing that my phone's data connection is faster than many ADSL home broadband lines LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: It_ler

squall458

Nov 5, 2011
GTA
Anyone know the best modem for Toronto, ON, Canada? LPS is fine for me but I bet there is better newer ones out.

Mr.V786

Apr 3, 2012
Manchester, UK
I did a few tests with different modems just now, all from the same location around the same time using the same server.
I took the best result from 3 tests each.

Modem XXLPR
modem_XXLPR.png

Modem XXLPS
modem_XXLPS.png

Modem DXLP7
modem_DXLP7.png

Modem NELP2
modem_NELP2_2.png

I have a feeling that while LPR and LPS are fast, they drain more battery having used them over a few days in the past.
NELP2 seems to be the choice for battery/speed on the 3 network. I noticed that only on NELP2 that the 3G and H symbol switch between each other as I use data services, none of the other modems switched between 3G and HSDPA, like as if it was always in HSDPA mode.

NELP2 also had the best average of all 3 tests getting 9Mbps, 9Mbps and 11Mbps respectively for download.

I suppose that's to be expected since NELP2 is a 3 network optimised modem anyway.

The tests using speedtest.net app above consumed 193MB of data combined according to ICS!!

I'm on HydrogenICS ROM (31.3.2012 release) and with Siyah 3.1rc2 kernel with default CPU profile.

Edit*
It's rather nice knowing that my phone's data connection is faster than many ADSL home broadband lines LOL!

WOW that is impressive!

I think my data is capped or the rom is restricting it!

Do you mind sharing how you got those results? Any tweaks in build.props?

Are you on a 1GB+ data plan?

Wouls appreciate any help.

Thanks for sharing, your speedtest looks different to mines.

Regards
Mr.V

P.s. I have 100MB fibe optic broadband at home :D

robbiekhan

Aug 22, 2009
No tweaks, default settings on Siyah kernel and nothing more really. Just run speedtest.net and make sure the server used in each test is the same. Run multiple tests on each modem to make sure results are consistent and take the highest result!

My home connection is 50Mb being upgraded free to 120Mb in October :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SGS2] Modem Thread (modem guide) (thanks @geko95gek)
    [REF] Modem+RIL CWM Installers (thanks @hawerpaul)

Hi everybody,
    I did a lot of tests with different modem versions in order to see battery usage impact with my current configuration (Touch X v2 + ninphetamine 2.1.3).
    To do those tests easilly and day after day with same situations, I used a CWM script (zip file) to avoid PC / Odin.

Here is those different modem versions with script :
    XXKE4 : HERE
    XXKE7 : HERE
    XXKF2 : HERE
    XXKF3 : HERE (thanks @Alef_0)
    XXKG2 : HERE
    XXKG3 : HERE
    XXKG5 : HERE
    XXKG6 : HERE
    XXKH3 : HERE
    XXKI1 : HERE
    XXKI3 : HERE
    XXKI4 : HERE
    XXKL1 : HERE (thanks @Alef_0)
    XXKP1 : HERE (thanks @shahulvm)
    XXKP4 : HERE (thanks @SMN)
    XXKP8 : HERE (thanks @SMN)
    XXKPA : HERE (thanks @lrbpereira)
    XXLP1 : HERE
    XXLP6 : HERE (thanks @SMN)
    XXLPB : HERE (thanks @freemini)
    XXLPH : HERE (thanks @ql4y3r)
    XXLPJ : HERE (thanks @freemini : credits go entirely to codeworkx)
    XXLPQ : HERE (thanks @Tyrol)
    UHLPE : HERE (thanks @Elisha
    XXLPS : HERE (thanks @Irvysan)
    XXLPW : HERE (thanks @Irvysan)
    XXLPX : HERE (thanks @Irvysan)
    XXLQ5 : HERE
    XXLQ6 : HERE
    UHLPH : HERE (thanks @red.hat)

Korean GS2 M250K-UB23 : HERE (thanks @$wissdroid)

For those who want to backup their modem before any flash, here is a CWM script I just made : HERE

Very quick user guide :
    1/ download zip file and put it onto your internal sdcard
    2/ if you have CWM app installed, you can use "Flash update" and select the zip file. Else reboot in CWM and use "install from zip".
    No wipe needed

Alternate modem : NEKF2 HERE
    Second alternate modem : NEKI2 (same network operator (THREE) released in Italy) HERE (thanks @thanksgiving60 and @s_wind)

Here it is.. I recommend all THREE users to try this modem as it is a MASSIVE improvement from any other modem...

Maybe someone more experienced than me could have a look into the modifications done by THREE to this modem and apply them on other versions...

Attached as a zip package flashable through CWM.

This is NOT the regular KF2 that you can find all over XDA, its extracted from my stock 3UK Rom, its modified by Three to serve their network better, and I can say they have done a good job.

Once again this is NOT the regular KF2 Modem

Latest Orange network provider modems : BVKJ4 : HERE and BVKL1 : HERE and BVLPB :HERE

A related thread on the same subject (@ykk_five) : HERE
    Another related :
    Here is my results in terms of battery usage
    (Fast Dormancy always enable, by the way my provider doesn't manage this mod)

Wake mode, GSM only (neither data, nor wifi, screen-off) :
    KI4 (0.45%) < KG5 et KI3 (0.7%/h) < KG2 (0.8%/h) < KG6 et KI1 (0.9%/h) < KF2 (1%/h) < KH3 (1.25%/h) < KE4 (1.8%/h) < KE7 (1.9%/h) < KG1 (2.25%/h)

Wake mode, GSM + 3G activated (for mails), screen-off :
    KI4 (0.7%) < KG5 et KI1 (1%/h) < KF2 et KG2 et KI3 (1.4%/h) < KG1 (1.7%/h) < KH3 (2%/h) < KG6 (2.3%/h) < KE7 (2.4%/h) < KE4 (3.4%/h)

2G usage (stream radio), screen-off :
    KG5 (9%/h) < KG2 et KI4 (14%/h) < KG6 et KE4 (17%/h) < KG1 (18%/h) < KI1 (19%/h) < KF2 et KH3 (20%/h) < KE7 (22%/h)

3G usage (stream radio), screen-off :
    KG6 (13%/h) < KG5 (14%/h) < KI3 et KI4 (15%/h) < KG2 et KI1 (16%/h) < KE4 et KF2 (18%/h)

Here is performance tests I did those last days (around 200) using versatile speedtest.net (so many possible issues) :

That's right that all modems since KI4 are very good in terms of performance.
    SpeedTest.net is a little bit complicated because we have a lot of infra between our GS2 and the server. So, we can have day after day, test after test, different results.
    My approach is to bench a lot and provide a MIN/AVERAGE/MAX for each modem.
    After that, my choice will be based on average battery usage.

All of this hard work is to provide a single view of what we can expect but, of course, because of so many networks, this is a little bit limited ;)

I think that this post may help someone from my country. I use XXLPS with Vodafone Greece and after testing almost all other modems, I found it the best for signal and 3g.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
    Hey Guys

One New Modem is there :)

XXLS6 from new S2 JB Leak:

You can download it here (Attachment)

Enjoy it :)
    @bgn9000

Hi bro, can you please help upload it to the first page...

ICS modem from XXKP1, packaged for XDA :)

Tested and its working fine for me with good download speeds....should work for all as well :D

Tested on XXKK5 ROM...
    NELP3 Modem

Nekf2 this is safe for flashing with ics 4.0.3 stock Rom just checking before i flash i am 3UK

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Any modem is safe to flash on any ROM. :)

NELP3 is out by the way, I'll be posting the CWM zip shortly. Watch this space! :p

EDIT:

Here it is as promised - New NELP3 Modem CWM Flashable ZIP.