Now VRTheme

Now using the VillainTheme (VRTheme) System
Will work on all versions of SHOStock3
no need to download new version when rom is updated

Reactions: xpakage

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
I downloaded the Tangerine Theme to my SD card, went into CWM and flashed it, but it only modded a few things, like the pull down bar. The status bar and everything else did not change. I wiped Cache and Dalvik before flashing and still the same result. I am running the ShoStock 3. Any ideas?

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
I downloaded the Tangerine Theme to my SD card, went into CWM and flashed it, but it only modded a few things, like the pull down bar. The status bar and everything else did not change. I wiped Cache and Dalvik before flashing and still the same result. I am running the ShoStock 3. Any ideas?

The version that is out there for download is the same version that everyone has been using without problems with SHOstock3.
Possible issues you might have could be resolved by trying the following:
Make sure that the Theme says it is done flashing before backing out of CWM
It takes about 2 minutes to flash the theme.
Re-download the theme,
try TLime and see if it has the same issues.
Currently the only part of the theme that might not change is the Multi-Window Bar.

Other possible but unlikely might be:
The SHOstock3 rom was not installed completely, redownload the SHOstock3 Rom and reflash.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
The version that is out there for download is the same version that everyone has been using without problems with SHOstock3.
Possible issues you might have could be resolved by trying the following:
Make sure that the Theme says it is done flashing before backing out of CWM
I takes about 2 minutes to flash the theme.
Re-download the theme,
try TLime and see if it has the same issues.
Currently the only part of the theme that might not change is the Multi-Window Bar.

Other possible but unlikely might be:
The SHOstock3 rom was not installed completely, redownload the SHOstock3 Rom and reflash.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, I've redownloaded it a few times and reflashed it a few times. After flashing, it says Done, Enjoy....so, I'm not sure what to try. I really don't want to do a full wipe of my phone and completely reflash ShoStock 3 and the Tangerine theme. It's a lot of effort. Lol

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Yeah, I've redownloaded it a few times and reflashed it a few times. After flashing, it says Done, Enjoy....so, I'm not sure what to try. I really don't want to do a full wipe of my phone and completely reflash ShoStock 3 and the Tangerine theme. It's a lot of effort. Lol

I wouldn't say to do a full wipe, just to redownload the ShoStock Rom and flash over the top of the last one,
then try the Tangerine Theme, there shouldn't be much you need to change doing it that way.

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Ok, so, here's the odd thing. I redownloaded and reflashed ShoStock3 and the Tangerine Theme and rebooted. Some things are Tangerine and some are not. But, the more I rebooted, the more other things became Tangerine. Lol. But, nothing in the Status Bar is Tangerine, no matter how many times I reboot. I just want to verify that the Status Bar icons (Wi-Fi, battery, clock, Mobile Data etc) are supposed to be Tangerine, or are those supposed to remain the stock color from the ShoStock3 ROM?

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Ok, so, here's the odd thing. I redownloaded and reflashed ShoStock3 and the Tangerine Theme and rebooted. Some things are Tangerine and some are not. But, the more I rebooted, the more other things became Tangerine. Lol. But, nothing in the Status Bar is Tangerine, no matter how many times I reboot. I just want to verify that the Status Bar icons (Wi-Fi, battery, clock, Mobile Data etc) are supposed to be Tangerine, or are those supposed to remain the stock color from the ShoStock3 ROM?

Very strange,
anyhow there should be no status bar icons that are blue,
they should be tangerine or grey/white, it should appear the way it does in the pictures in the first post,
except for the multiwindow bar, due to an anomaly in the apk, that one will not theme.
The phone/ system settings/ dot for which window you are on/ reboot menu/ camera icon/ message screens/ and icons on the bottom of your home screen should be tangerine themed.

electroau had a similar issue with the blue theme a while back, it turned out to be a bad SHOstock flash in his case.
Thanks for your help and patience John. The totally clean flash fixed the problem.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Flashing other themes without flashing the SHOstock3 Rom first, might leave residual icons from other themes, depending on what is updated in the themes (for future reference)

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Very strange,
anyhow there should be no status bar icons that are blue,
they should be tangerine or grey/white, it should appear the way it does in the pictures in the first post,
except for the multiwindow bar, due to an anomaly in the apk, that one will not theme.
The phone/ system settings/ dot for which window you are on/ reboot menu/ camera icon/ message screens/ and icons on the bottom of your home screen should be tangerine themed.

electroau had a similar issue with the blue theme a while back, it turned out to be a bad SHOstock flash in his case.

Flashing other themes without flashing the SHOstock3 Rom first, might leave residual icons from other themes, depending on what is updated in the themes (for future reference)
Ok, I just went ahead and wiped everything, because I have ocd like that and redownloaded ShoStock3 and the Tangerine Theme. After reflashing, everything is all good, except for the wi-fi icon in the status bar, it's still white. Is this normal? The upload/download icons on either side of the wi-fi icon are tangerine, which I would think would be part of the wi-fi icon since those up and down arrow keys are showing what the wi-fi is doing.

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Ok, I just went ahead and wiped everything, because I have ocd like that and redownloaded ShoStock3 and the Tangerine Theme. After reflashing, everything is all good, except for the wi-fi icon in the status bar, it's still white. Is this normal? The upload/download icons on either side of the wi-fi icon are tangerine, which I would think would be part of the wi-fi icon since those up and down arrow keys are showing what the wi-fi is doing.

Interesting, I am glad you have the theme flashed,
there are 2 sets of icons for the WIFI indicator, one is orange and one is white,
I don't know why you are seeing the white one, maybe it is the way that it is connected,
but the white one is also correct.

you can actually look at all the icons that are changed by just looking inside the theme zip,
inside the vrtheme folder then the preload\\\\ folder or the System folder.

only the ones that are in there are changed, and you can always swap the white and orange wifi symbols or just make the white ones orange by copying the orange one into the name of the white ones. (of course only if you unzip the file first) ;)

:D

Last edited:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Interesting, I am glad you have the theme flashed,
there are 2 sets of icons for the WIFI indicator, one is orange and one is white,
I don't know why you are seeing the white one, maybe it is the way that it is connected,
but the white one is also correct.

you can actually look at all the icons that are changed by just looking inside the theme zip,
inside the vrtheme folder then the preload\\\\ folder or the System folder.

only the ones that are in there are changed, and you can always swap the white and orange wifi symbols or just make the white ones orange by copying the orange one into the name of the white ones. (of course only if you unzip the file first) ;)

:D
Ok, I've found the files that you're talking about. So, I should be able to go in and either remove the white wi-fi icons, so that it defaults to the orange or rename the orange and white ones opposite to one another? Do I need to reflash afterwards or will rebooting default it to the orange icons?

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Ok, I've found the files that you're talking about. So, I should be able to go in and either remove the white wi-fi icons, so that it defaults to the orange or rename the orange and white ones opposite to one another? Do I need to reflash afterwards or will rebooting default it to the orange icons?

I was referring to actually modifying the theme itself, in which case after you modify it, you would rezip it (using the store method or 0% compression)

and then you would have a theme that could be flashed with CWM anytime you want.

The icons within the theme are what are replaced, so if you delete them, it would leave the existing icons which would be blue (if going from stock)
So yes you would basically want to copy the icons and then rename them to the existing white icon names.
If you deleted them from your phone, then your phone would crash when you resaved it.

I might not have mentioned they are under the SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi folder.

When rezipping the theme, you must be at the data * Meta-INF * system * vrthme * preview.png level, not the level above that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jon_yarbrough

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Ok, just a few questions for this badass Theme. When using the TouchWiz Launcher, is there anyway to modify the dock at the bottom? In particular, I would like the Apps Launcher in the middle of the 5 icons instead of being at the far right. I've always had it in the middle and my thumb automatically goes to the middle out of habit. The other thing is, since this is a TouchWiz Launcher, shouldn't it have the "All Applications" widget. It's also a Program Monitor when you can kill individual running processes and such. The icon was bright green and looked similar to a battery widget. I've been looking to get that widget back since I had the Samsung Epic 4G. I'm not interested in any other "similar" programs/widgets that do similar things. I would really like this particular widget. I'm sure that some of you know exactly which one I'm talking about. Thanks again for the Theme and the help you all provide.

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Ok, just a few questions for this badass Theme. When using the TouchWiz Launcher, is there anyway to modify the dock at the bottom? In particular, I would like the Apps Launcher in the middle of the 5 icons instead of being at the far right. I've always had it in the middle and my thumb automatically goes to the middle out of habit. The other thing is, since this is a TouchWiz Launcher, shouldn't it have the "All Applications" widget. It's also a Program Monitor when you can kill individual running processes and such. The icon was bright green and looked similar to a battery widget. I've been looking to get that widget back since I had the Samsung Epic 4G. I'm not interested in any other "similar" programs/widgets that do similar things. I would really like this particular widget. I'm sure that some of you know exactly which one I'm talking about. Thanks again for the Theme and the help you all provide.

The dock at the bottom can be changed simply by long pressing the icon you want to move out, then moving it out of the dock, then you can move any other icon you want into the dock. Or change the order by moving them around.

As far as the rest, this has nothing to do with the theme, it is the Rom and the things that are or are not included with the Rom.

Top Liked Posts