[Q] aroma kills my wifi

Search This thread

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
I'm haveing a weird problem I'm on stock deodexed mk4 rom and I did the wifi patch fix wifi works but if I flash any theme or anything that uses aroma istaller it kills my wifi redoing wifi patch does nothing to get wifi back I have to reflash the rom. Any one know what's wrong

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I'm haveing a weird problem I'm on stock deodexed mk4 rom and I did the wifi patch fix wifi works but if I flash any theme or anything that uses aroma istaller it kills my wifi redoing wifi patch does nothing to get wifi back I have to reflash the rom. Any one know what's wrong

Which themes are you using? Which recovery are you using as well? Never heard of that with Aroma, although most roms I have used were none Aroma based..

Reactions: oakieville

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Which themes are you using? Which recovery are you using as well? Never heard of that with Aroma, although most roms I have used were none Aroma based..

I have tried with twrp and phils touch and any theme or anything with aroma it doesnt have too be a theme i even put together a blank aroma zip it doesnt flash anything and it still kills wifi i had my friend test out an aroma installer on her note2 same prob

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I have tried with twrp and phils touch and any theme or anything with aroma it doesnt have too be a theme i even put together a blank aroma zip it doesnt flash anything and it still kills wifi i had my friend test out an aroma installer on her note2 same prob

Weird, try a none aroma based rom, and see what happens.. Also what rom are you using.. I know you said stock deodexd, but from whom.

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Weird, try a none aroma based rom, and see what happens.. Also what rom are you using.. I know you said stock deodexd, but from whom.

I can flash anything that doesnt use aroma with no problems I can take any of zips that use aroma and kill my wifi rebuild them without aroma and flash them with no problem

I make flashable zips to fix mms on phones flashed to metropcs im trying to use aroma installer to make a zip for multiple devices. I have it running pretty smooth on note 2 cm 11and s4 4.4 so far but cant figure out note 2 4.3

Last edited:

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I can flash anything that doesnt use aroma with no problems I can take any of zips that use aroma and kill my wifi rebuild them without aroma and flash them with no problem

I make flashable zips to fix mms on phones flashed to metropcs im trying to use aroma installer to make a zip for multiple devices. I have it running pretty smooth on note 2 cm 11and s4 4.4 so far but cant figure out note 2 4.3

Not sure what the problem might be. I would simply find a rom you like minus aroma and use it instead... Or you can flash back to 100% stock and try it again..

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Not sure what the problem might be. I would simply find a rom you like minus aroma and use it instead... Or you can flash back to 100% stock And try it again..

Not sure ur understanding my problem finding a rom is not going to help my issue i like the rom I'm on just fine nor is going back to 100% stock going to help i tried that also the problem happens when I'm on stock mk4 i have had 2 other people thqt i new had note 2 try aroma also same results for them

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
Not sure ur understanding my problem finding a rom is not going to help my issue i like the rom I'm on just fine nor is going back to 100% stock going to help i tried that also the problem happens when I'm on stock mk4 i have had 2 other people thqt i new had note 2 try aroma also same results for them

Sorry I could not help.. One question, your MK4 does that include the bootloader? I know the rom I have tried, left out the bootloader and left in the MC2 bootloader..

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Sorry I could not help.. One question, your MK4 does that include the bootloader? I know the rom I have tried, left out the bootloader and left in the MC2 bootloader..

At first no rom only but after finding this issue I odin mk4 tar I beleave included bootloader my bootloader now says knox warranty 0x01 or watever now it did say anything about knox before the tar. Thank u for ur help either way

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
At first no rom only but after finding this issue I odin mk4 tar I beleave included bootloader my bootloader now says knox warranty 0x01 or watever now it did say anything about knox before the tar. Thank u for ur help either way

The mk4 does contain the knox bootloader so the only known way to go back to mc2 is by using billards back to stock mc2 with counter reset.

Now about the possible aroma issue. I have used a few aroma scripts and even did my own custom aroma for a rom and while they had issues none did what you are talking about. The issues i have experienced were lockups when switching from aroma menu to installer and back to aroma menu. I have found one version that gave me 0 issues. If you will try this out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47719471. Download version 4 (4.2 contains some stock mc2 rom making it large!!!) and do something simple like changing your recovery. See if this script causes the same issues as your other ones. Hopefully not and you will now have an aroma version you can build off.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
The mk4 does contain the knox bootloader so the only known way to go back to mc2 is by using billards back to stock mc2 with counter reset.

Now about the possible aroma issue. I have used a few aroma scripts and even did my own custom aroma for a rom and while they had issues none did what you are talking about. The issues i have experienced were lockups when switching from aroma menu to installer and back to aroma menu. I have found one version that gave me 0 issues. If you will try this out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47719471. Download version 4 (4.2 contains some stock mc2 rom making it large!!!) and do something simple like changing your recovery. See if this script causes the same issues as your other ones. Hopefully not and you will now have an aroma version you can build off.

Thank u I will try it I have tried many dif aroma zips but I will try this also I have desire to go back to mc2 as I stated I trying to work this for a mms fix for other people and can't expect people to down just to fix mms if it where for personal only this wouldn't be a prob I have no trouble fixing my own mms thanks again

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton

The link for 4 is dead

oakieville

Jul 5, 2010
stockton
Ok here is my dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v14gdyqce8y25vb/SMRF vCyanamide.zip

OK I downloaded 4.2 already thanks to it help I have figured out that I'm am completely wrong its not aroma doing It apparently everytheme I tried contained an sh file also my zip contains an sh file based off one from a theme something in the sh file is doing it the sh file copies secmms.apk to sdcard patches it zipalign it and puts it back in /system/app then sets permissions to 0644 and replaces apns-conf.xml

Reactions: doubledragon5

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
OK I downloaded 4.2 already thanks to it help I have figured out that I'm am completely wrong its not aroma doing It apparently everytheme I tried contained an sh file also my zip contains an sh file based off one from a theme something in the sh file is doing it the sh file copies secmms.apk to sdcard patches it zipalign it and puts it back in /system/app then sets permissions to 0644 and replaces apns-conf.xml

Well glad you got it on track now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not sure what the problem might be. I would simply find a rom you like minus aroma and use it instead... Or you can flash back to 100% stock and try it again..

The link for 4 is dead

Ok here is my dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v14gdyqce8y25vb/SMRF vCyanamide.zip