Stock Cable > Hard to Plug on the Charging Port of the Phone

Search This thread

bong0x00

Dec 24, 2012
I just purchased this unit. is it normal that the Stock Cable is Hard to Plug on the Charging Port of the Phone..

i need to try so many times before i can plug the charging cable to charging port of the phone before i can plug it successfully. i'm thinking of breaking the charging port if this is the case? Anyone who have the same concern? Thanks

nick1973nz

May 25, 2012
I just purchased this unit. is it normal that the Stock Cable is Hard to Plug on the Charging Port of the Phone..

i need to try so many times before i can plug the charging cable to charging port of the phone before i can plug it successfully. i'm thinking of breaking the charging port if this is the case? Anyone who have the same concern? Thanks

I noticed this as well. hopefully if something gets broken its more likely to be the connector on the cable than the charging port. I have tried a few other cables as well and all are pretty difficult to insert.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Well the way I see it would you rather have it flop around and be loose, or have a night tight fit? ;)

On a more serious note I had the same issue when I first recieved my F400S. After a week or so it got better, you can always try an older micro usb cable thats more broken in to avoid this issue.

stunt_101

May 6, 2013
when i first got the phone it was like what you've desribed. but after a while, it wasn't an issue anymore, i guess its a good sign that the phone is brand spanking new.

ced357

Feb 13, 2009
BZH
Same for me, hard To plug in ...

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjb152

Sep 13, 2013
Same for me, but once you're using qi charging and Wi-Fi file transfer, you'll hardly ever use the port.

Sini-Siki

Jul 19, 2014
wow same issue here.

Only way to get it in is by tilting the cable downward. Tried few cables, they are all doing the same thing. Exchange perhaps?

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
Only way to get it in is by tilting the cable downward. Tried few cables, they are all doing the same thing. Exchange perhaps?

Tilting the cable to plug in seems to be the norm on pretty much every G3. I doubt exchanging it will help.

Once you've done it for a while, it should become pretty easy to do.

Sean David

Jul 20, 2014
Tilting the cable and just dealing with it are fine, but what happens when you stay finding usb cables that don't want to charge your G3 properly? I have one (very nice) 10ft cable and my phone plays a game of connecting and disconnecting while trying to charge with this cord. This courts does not give me the same problems on other devices. However the G3 charges just fine on all my other cables. Not using this cable is an obvious answer but i worry that the problem could get worse and what if I start having problems with other chargers?

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
For now, the solution is to tilt the cord slightly downward (or upward, depending on your perspective) as the port is just sliiiiightly more flush with the opening. My advice is to get used to doing this. A broken charger port is really a PITA, so taking an extra 2 seconds to plug it in is the prudent choice. My dad gave me a lot of good advice when I was growing up, and one of the gems turns out to be "don't force things."

As mentioned, once we get some wireless charging back covers on a more accessible basis, we'll all just use wireless charging and never plug in again. Except in the car. :p

4ndroid99

Apr 6, 2014
New York
The cable from my old GS4 plugs in very very easily. I haven't tried charging with it tho. I use it mainly for usb mtp.

Posted from my LG-D850

matty_rich

Jul 18, 2014
Difficult at first. It did get better for me though. I too thought i had damaged it or that it had shipped that way. And I also thought I was just breaking it more each time I charged and contemplated exchanging LOL. Make sure cord is facing the right way first (im still trying to put it in upside down sometimes), then you do have to tilt it down a bit to get in initially and then it tilts slightly up before fully inserting. It was very diificult to do the first couple days. Day 5 and its way easy. Hope this has helped and put your mind at ease :) This is my first Android phone and i'm luvin it!

Last edited:

Sini-Siki

Jul 19, 2014
Any new updates on this? I guess tilting the cable a bit is working, but will it ever get to the point it will go straight in? It really appears that this is not a defect but a LG design for the port.

Sent from my LG G3

G

GuestK0087

I agree with what was previously stated, after a week with phone, I've become used to putting the cable in. I'm pleased with the tight fit as I've had devices where it feels loose and unsecured.

It ain't nothing but a G thing baby... Lg G3 LGSL990

Top Liked Posts