Wifi tethering fix for CM7

Search This thread

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
I extracted the wifi drivers from system/etc/wifi from a system dump of the SBF and placed them into the system.img from the cyanogenmod backup... they work great... I even was able to get wifi tethering to work via Barnacle...

I am currently trying to experiment with enabling it via the settings but I really have no idea to be honest, I added wifi.tethering.ti=1 to the build.prop but it didn't work, i might have failed too though

Posting link soon for the driver files.... I don't know if ALL of them are necessary
I wasn't able to see barnacle in the market for our devices; this is the APK i used.

Btw use root explorer or ADB the files into your system/etc/wifi/ directory; overwrite old ones... ignore the softap directory (maybe that's why i have not had any luck yet? haha.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8M2WSPQ0

adding this flag
wifi.tethering.ti=1 - failed

testing this flag now
ro.mot.wifi.hotspot=1 - failed

So currently I can get adhoc via barnacle but no infrastructure via settings

Attachments

• wificm7bravo.rar
    453.9 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Reactions: rdannar

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
Great...
Can you make a updater zip and I will add it in my download section.

If you can't.. let me know and I can help ...

PS
Enabling tethering is kernel related unless you use third party apps

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
Hope you don't mind... added a zip for recovery in my cm7 thread so you can just flash it.

Again. Great work

rubbachicken

Jul 2, 2008
Bend
www.muddyprojects.com
thanks I figured it'd be kernel related but I was hoping it was in the kernel already and perhaps just flagged off somewhere...

I can't make the update.zip because to be honest I don't remember how... Hahaha... permissions and scripts? :/ thanks for making the update :D

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
You can use wifi update zip as a base. Just add correct system folder with files like app lib etc and delete the old files

For this it would be etc folder

In recovery... if you want to mount sdcard... just start adb in advanced recovery menu then you can mount sdcard.. much easier then having to have phone on to swap and install files
thanks I figured it'd be kernel related but I was hoping it was in the kernel already and perhaps just flagged off somewhere...

I can't make the update.zip because to be honest I don't remember how... Hahaha... permissions and scripts? :/ thanks for making the update :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I extracted the wifi drivers from system/etc/wifi from a system dump of the SBF and placed them into the system.img from the cyanogenmod backup... they work great... I even was able to get wifi tethering to work via Barnacle...

I am currently trying to experiment with enabling it via the settings but I really have no idea to be honest, I added wifi.tethering.ti=1 to the build.prop but it didn't work, i might have failed too though

Posting link soon for the driver files.... I don't know if ALL of them are necessary
    I wasn't able to see barnacle in the market for our devices; this is the APK i used.

Btw use root explorer or ADB the files into your system/etc/wifi/ directory; overwrite old ones... ignore the softap directory (maybe that's why i have not had any luck yet? haha.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8M2WSPQ0

adding this flag
    wifi.tethering.ti=1 - failed

testing this flag now
    ro.mot.wifi.hotspot=1 - failed

So currently I can get adhoc via barnacle but no infrastructure via settings