Looking for decent car dock

Search This thread

orenxda

Dec 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Sounds great. Would it be only for landscape.. or portrait as well?

Every BRODIT holder (as other car docks usually) can be turned portrait or landscape. Mine for GTab was mounted onto a tilt swivel so you can also adjust the angle.
They usually build either "passive" and "active" (with cig lighter plug) holders.
You can mount it on a window suction cup system, or on a BRODIT Pro CLip that is the safest car fixation (different clips depending car model and position desired). if you change car you change the proclip and keep your cradle, if you change phone you keep your Proclip and change the cradle.

Equerm

Dec 14, 2009
Im guessing the swedish guys over at Brodit will come with one for the Xperia Z pretty soon, they got all the best car docks in my opinion.
Normally they also release a bigger version for the people who got a plastic grip on their phone as well :)

Check out brodit.se, they got mounts for most phones

Reactions: cheltenham2004

JooMies

Nov 24, 2011
Im guessing the swedish guys over at Brodit will come with one for the Xperia Z pretty soon, they got all the best car docks in my opinion.
Normally they also release a bigger version for the people who got a plastic grip on their phone as well :)

Today I was told by Brodit that cardholder will be ready within next two weeks. And it, or at least some models, will use holes at side for charging.

cyleo

May 22, 2009
Today I was told by Brodit that cardholder will be ready within next two weeks. And it, or at least some models, will use holes at side for charging.

That's awesome! Messing with the flappy ports was no real options for me. I hope they launch soon. Any comments on suggested pricings?

RedSpiDer

Apr 8, 2009
Bucharest
Hey! The Brodit seems to be a good option for the Xperia Z :) .
I also saw the Devium Dash , it`s only for iphones so far, but they said their working on a version for Android and Windows smart phones. I think this would be interesting if they come up with an Xperia Z option which uses the pogo pins for charging. (I can`t posts outside links yet but a quick google search will show the producers website)

Tom Fagerland

Dec 13, 2011
It's a start :)

Btw, is it just me, or does the passive holder look like a halfway decent wallmounted holder for home as well?

XDAvidG

May 27, 2010
London
Brodit looks like a very nice and secure option for using the XPZ in the car, however one would have to constantly remove the case on the phone in order to use it.

Something like this might be a better alternative for the more lazier users.

mobilefun.co.uk/supergrip-sony-xperia-z-case-compatible-car-pack-p38336

Although i agree with the majority, those flaps are pretty annoying and active Brodit mount would definitely win it for me.:good:

Reactions: cheltenham2004

shulmus

Aug 16, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
clingo + dk26 ?

did anyone try sticking the dk26 dock to a clingo holder? still waiting for my dock's shipment, so did not try it myself, but this might be the most elegant solution as it will both hold and charge the phone as well as allow it to be easily installed / removed AND as a bonus - when you change the phone you get to keep the clingo thingy to hold the new one...
if someone tests it - pls report back here (i will once i have my dock in a week or so)

spoidar

Aug 13, 2010
Honestly, since HTC has provided a car dock for the One at launch, and the Z's screen is so lackluster, I'm heavily leaning in that direction.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Hi
    I can gladly inform you that we are going to make holders for this Sony (XPERIA Z).
    We are waiting for the unit to arrive, then we probably need a couple of*weeks before launching.
    Best Regard
    Lars
    Brodit AB"

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Not cheap but very good car docks, only Xperia Z not yet available:

http://www.brodit.com
    Looks like Brodit have an active charger on their site now "in development".

http://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=513495&pn=prod&brand=Sony&model=Xperia Z

Not sure if you can buy yet- anyone?
    Sounds great. Would it be only for landscape.. or portrait as well?

Every BRODIT holder (as other car docks usually) can be turned portrait or landscape. Mine for GTab was mounted onto a tilt swivel so you can also adjust the angle.
    They usually build either "passive" and "active" (with cig lighter plug) holders.
    You can mount it on a window suction cup system, or on a BRODIT Pro CLip that is the safest car fixation (different clips depending car model and position desired). if you change car you change the proclip and keep your cradle, if you change phone you keep your Proclip and change the cradle.