help with firewater problem

Search This thread

Blockay

Mar 30, 2013
I'm trying to unlock and s-off..I've got everything setup for firewater im just trying to issue commands through cmd now.
When I type in
adb push firewater /data/local/tmp

it tells me that there is no such file or directory. I've put firewater on my desktop like someone said to somewhere and in a bunch of adb file that i thought might help...Where am i suppose to put firewater to make it readable by adb?

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
I'm trying to unlock and s-off..I've got everything setup for firewater im just trying to issue commands through cmd now.
When I type in

it tells me that there is no such file or directory. I've put firewater on my desktop like someone said to somewhere and in a bunch of adb file that i thought might help...Where am i suppose to put firewater to make it readable by adb?

The file goes in your adb folder in platformtools. When you run the command it's looking for it there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blockay

Blockay

Mar 30, 2013
The file goes in your abd folder in platformtools. When you run the command it's looking for it there.
thanks you guys i see the light at the end of the tunnel now...
i got it to work now but firewater tells me this
" whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device
no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix...
DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!!
if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced
bye bye.....sorry it didn't work out."
:/ am i able to do anything or no?

Last edited:

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
thanks you guys i see the light at the end of the tunnel now...but I have two different adb installations and i can't find the platformtools folder for the one that is working. i downloaded this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 . i see an 'adb' folder inside of /C: but it doesn't contain platformtools
Doesn't matter which, for Windows you just right click the adb file and open the command prompt from the folder. Just make sure you're sticking the firewater file in the same folder adb is located. It automatically sets the directory.

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012

You can keep trying but firewater may just not work for your phone luckily there is the $25 option created by the same devs called sunshine. This is an application you download and run here is the web address...theroot.ninja/

Reactions: Blockay

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Firewater definitely won't work, you need to use sunshine.

Blockay

Mar 30, 2013
That's too bad..25$ is quite a bit considering I might not even keep my m8. Thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I type in

The file goes in your adb folder in platformtools. When you run the command it's looking for it there.

You can keep trying but firewater may just not work for your phone luckily there is the $25 option created by the same devs called sunshine. This is an application you download and run here is the web address...theroot.ninja/