Do you put screen protector on your G3?

Search This thread

rixz59

Aug 26, 2014
As the title states, Do you put one on your phones? Usually I dont put those plastic things on my phones and tabs, and I'm planning to buy a tempered glass instead because I dont want that plastic feel on my hand and prefer glass.
Is it really necessary to put a glass/screen protector on my G3?

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson
Not necessary but it does add an extra layer of protection. Dropped a phone once and the tempered glass screen protector I had on it shattered. The phone's actual glass remained perfect. Main reason I use them though is for resale value. I switch between phones fairly regularly and like to get the most I can when I go to sell.

Sent from my LG G3

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com
I put it on all my devices whether its cellphones, tablets or cameras. There was a time I smacked my S3 screen on the corner of my Mac wireless keyboard. It dented the screen protector but nothing happened to my screen.

Plus, its cheaper to replace a screen protector than replacing a an entire phone or screen.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I've used a screen protector in the past but not with my G3. I'm so careful with my phone it's crazy. lol I only put my phone in my left pocket nothing else. Keys in right. I have a microfiber cloths everywhere to clean the screen. I know a T-Mobile Rep so as long as the phone powers on I doubt he will say anything when I turn in the phone and Jump to a new one.

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com
I've used a screen protector in the past but not with my G3. I'm so careful with my phone it's crazy. lol I only put my phone in my left pocket nothing else. Keys in right. I have a microfiber cloths everywhere to clean the screen. I know a T-Mobile Rep so as long as the phone powers on I doubt he will say anything when I turn in the phone and Jump to a new one.
It's not about having anything in your pocket, it's also about dropping. I don't put the phone in my pocket at all (left pocket is keys, right pocket is loose change and wallet). I have my phone on a holster. You never know when you'll drop it and you can't predict it either. There might be one day where you have it on the edge of the counter and either you or someone might knock it off by accident. Since you have it in your pocket, there might be a day where you'll pull it out and something bumps into you and it falls out of your hands.

No one can be too careful or prevent anything from happening. Just the way of life :/

I Verizon rep that I know had a tempered glass on his old phone and when he dropped it, the first thing that broke was the tempered glass. The screen on the phone was perfectly fine.

Last edited:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
It's not about having anything in your pocket, it's also about dropping. I don't put the phone in my pocket at all (left pocket is keys, right pocket is loose change and wallet). I have my phone on a holster. You never know when you'll drop it and you can't predict it either. There might be one day where you have it on the edge of the counter and either you or someone might knock it off by accident. Since you have it in your pocket, there might be a day where you'll pull it out and something bumps into you and it falls out of your hands.

No one can be too careful or prevent anything from happening. Just the way of life :/

I Verizon rep that I know had a tempered glass on his old phone and when he dropped it, the first thing that broke was the tempered glass. The screen on the phone was perfectly fine.
I've had so many phones since 1999 I've lost track. I had many drunks nights and only dropped my phone 2x. First time was a Plam Pre and just had a small scratch on the screen. 2nd time I dropped my phone in the toilet so screen protecter wouldn't help with that. LoL. I think if you have a good case that's usually good enough. I don't have butta hands and not clumsy like my wife though. LoL

Raul_Fury

Apr 19, 2010
I use a protector, you can never be too safe! and mostly when it's so cheap to get one on amazon.

ZiCott

Feb 15, 2013
Tempered Glass....05mm

Try and get the thinnest one possible...My first one was 1mm, and some areas it won't detect my touch inputs for games. a minor drop, but landed flat down on the pavement, glass protector cracked, and now I am on my second at .05mm thickness, all gaming functions have returned

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
Never used one - hate the feel of plastic instead of glass.

But then again, I don't care a bit about resale value, take good care of my phones, and upgrade my phone every year anyways. If any of those things are different for you, you might want a screen protector.

T3hBraveBoss

Jul 10, 2012
Vancity
I always buy spigen glass screen protectors as they always one of the thinnests and specifically for the G3 it was the only option that covered the front of the G3 completely compared to other options

mjb152

Sep 13, 2013
I'm on my second glass protector, first one I dropped on a set of keys from a fair height. Then had the phone knocked out of my hand and it landed badly. So the £5 investment was worth it imho, and applying a new protector was very easy with no bubbles.

MeFryRice

Jun 29, 2011
Atlanta
I'm currently using the Spigen GLAS.tR Nano slim. It's nice because it doesn't give off the orange-peel effect like found on the Invishield piece and barely noticeable, as a screen protector should be. Although it's extremely thin (0.5mm) it doesn't take much to damage it. In fact, I noticed a hairline crack in mine this morning and will be replacing it soon. The only downside, they're not cheap at $34.99.

oconnell84

Sep 20, 2009
In your home
I'm currently using the Spigen GLAS.tR Nano slim. It's nice because it doesn't give off the orange-peel effect like found on the Invishield piece and barely noticeable, as a screen protector should be. Although it's extremely thin (0.5mm) it doesn't take much to damage it. In fact, I noticed a hairline crack in mine this morning and will be replacing it soon. The only downside, they're not cheap at $34.99.
I believe the nano slim is actually .23mm. It's incredibly thin for the market.

jah

Which holster do you use? I was looking at the PDair version.