[DEV][WIP] Enabling Google Wallet on the Note II

Search This thread

eijisawakita

Sep 6, 2010
I managed to get google wallet working in jedix9. Basically, all i did was changed my build.prop to emulate nexus, pasted JUST the modaco wallet app in system/app, changed pernission to rwrr, rebooted the phone setup google wallet, rebooted again, tested wallet again, when everything works, reverted my build.prop to original, then rebooted again. I did not get any incompatible wallet issues.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
I managed to get google wallet working in jedix9. Basically, all i did was changed my build.prop to emulate nexus, pasted JUST the modaco wallet app in system/app, changed pernission to rwrr, rebooted the phone setup google wallet, rebooted again, tested wallet again, when everything works, reverted my build.prop to original, then rebooted again. I did not get any incompatible wallet issues.

pretty much did the same thing and it's working fine for me.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

JoshuOne

Jan 31, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area

I have jedi-xx and this method worked to this point, I have loaded card and will test later at macys or 7-11, and report back inshaAllah. Thanks to all who made this possible!
Edit: this worked great, at whole foods and macys:)

Last edited:

eijisawakita

Sep 6, 2010
I got the "device unsupported" when google wallet autoupdated, i tried uninstalling the update, setup google wallet again and everything worked. Probably for those who reported getting device unsupported using the modified modaco app may have theirs autoupdated. This happened when I flashed jedi xx and installed google wallet again.

JoshuOne

Jan 31, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Update: works on Jedi-XX

The is screen shot of working GW on Jedi-XX with saber kernel 13.4

Attachments

• 2013-02-09-15-03-22.jpg
    2013-02-09-15-03-22.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 384

eijisawakita

Sep 6, 2010
Can u give us a basic easy method pls

For jedi x roms or any 4.1.2 (i tried it with cmenards 4.1.2 rom)

1. Download the modaco google app from here thank him. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35057332
2. Copy the modaco app to /system/app using root explorer, i used es file explorer
3. Change the permission to rwrr, for es explorer long press on the app, next to permission press change, under the read column, check all boxes, and the write column, check the user box, press ok, your permission will look like rw- r-- r--
4. Modify your /system/build.prop to emulate nexus using rom toolbox or text editor; quoting from the verizon forum:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
product.device=maguro
5. Reboot your phone
6. Open google wallet app from app drawer and go through the setup, it takes a while to setup so be patient and wait. Go through the setup until completed. You will receive an email the you have successfully activated google wallet.
7. Just to be sure reboot and open your google wallet again make sure everything is working,
8. Revert your /system/build.prop to original
ro.product.model=SGH-T889
ro.product.name=t0ltetmo
product.device=t0ltetmo
9. Reboot your phone again and try it out.
I think CVS and mcdonalds dropped Google Wallet for ISIS, so far I managed to get it to work in rite aid, radioshack, staples, jamba juice, office max, and those vending machines with paypass. Weird thing is sometimes transactions go through immediately without punching my pin especially with paypass vending machines even though the app will ask you for a pin code. Transcations are usually not updated everytime you make a purchase but google will email you for every transactions that went through.
Footnote, for troubleshooting find heart_crafters post. Thank him also. I think its on page 28ish.
Final note, go show your iFriends what they are missing. I have a friend the brags how classy and elegant his iP5 is and the its features that can store ticket, shoot panoramic display, do not disturb and retina display until I showed him my Note 2, its tap to top feature, wave to preview, message to call, and, what made him admit that his latest and greatest phone is nothing compared to our beast, Google wallet.

YourCancer01

Sep 5, 2012
Haha so finely deleted all Google wallet items from phone wallet was working great but snote and polaris office was not and as often as I used them didn't care until I needed snote tonight haha took ten minutes downloaded the fixed maduco wallet file from this thread followed instructions and boom all is good waited and avoided doing it for about two weeks and if I can get it to work sure anyone else won't have a problem thanks for all who puts they're time into these forums and apps

so sick of this crap by tmobile...

so. i'm now making it one of my top projects to get tmobile to allow us to use Google Wallet w/o hacking our phones.

https://www.facebook.com/TMobile?fref=ts

we'll see how long my question stays on facebook but i plan to this same question each day and also plan to start robomailing their home office my complaint letter too...

sorry for the interruption, please continue your modding/hacking ;)

Reactions: heart_crafter

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York

1. Download the modaco google app from here thank him. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35057332
2. Copy the modaco app to /system/app using root explorer, i used es file explorer
3. Change the permission to rwrr, for es explorer long press on the app, next to permission press change, under the read column, check all boxes, and the write column, check the user box, press ok, your permission will look like rw- r-- r--
4. Modify your /system/build.prop to emulate nexus using rom toolbox or text editor; quoting from the verizon forum:
ro.product.name=yakju
product.device=maguro
5. Reboot your phone
6. Open google wallet app from app drawer and go through the setup, it takes a while to setup so be patient and wait. Go through the setup until completed. You will receive an email the you have successfully activated google wallet.
7. Just to be sure reboot and open your google wallet again make sure everything is working,
ro.product.name=t0ltetmo
product.device=t0ltetmo
I think CVS and mcdonalds dropped Google Wallet for ISIS, so far I managed to get it to work in rite aid, radioshack, staples, jamba juice, office max, and those vending machines with paypass. Weird thing is sometimes transactions go through immediately without punching my pin especially with paypass vending machines even though the app will ask you for a pin code. Transcations are usually not updated everytime you make a purchase but google will email you for every transactions that went through.
Footnote, for troubleshooting find heart_crafters post. Thank him also. I think its on page 28ish.
Final note, go show your iFriends what they are missing. I have a friend the brags how classy and elegant his iP5 is and the its features that can store ticket, shoot panoramic display, do not disturb and retina display until I showed him my Note 2, its tap to top feature, wave to preview, message to call, and, what made him admit that his latest and greatest phone is nothing compared to our beast, Google wallet.

I know it says it's for Jedi 4.1.2 rom, but will this work on stock 4.1.1 rooted? If yes, which of the Modaco apk should I d/l, the r96-v13.apk?

Tried and it does not work on stock 4.1.1 rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: camoway

eijisawakita

Sep 6, 2010
I know it says it's for Jedi 4.1.2 rom, but will this work on stock 4.1.1 rooted? If yes, which of the Modaco apk should I d/l, the r96-v13.apk?

Tried and it does not work on stock 4.1.1 rooted.

Try searching for heart_crafters post here. He made an excellent guide about Installing wallet. Anyway, I dont know if it will work with odexed 4.1.1, but when I tried to install wallet on deodexed 4.1.1, I downloaded the OPs zip file here, not the one in verizons forum. In addition with the modaco apk in verizons forum, I also copied and pasted the /etc/nfcee_access.xml file and all the files in lib folder except for hw folder in the zip file. I did not bother replacing nfc.apk, npktest.apk, and hw.

Reactions: heart_crafter

DMen81

Jan 17, 2012
I used com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.6-R96-v13.apk from the first post on stock 4.1.2 rooted with no issues whatsoever following eijisawakita's instructions.

Yup I also used v13 from here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127

Google wallet WORKING on Note 2. And followed eijisawakita's directions on page 24 of this thread. Flawless, already made a purchase today, I'm rooted running custom rom MyRom Revolution v4.5 on android 4.1.2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361856052805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361856052805.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 524
Reactions: codizzle8

Cjunior

Jan 2, 2009
Holland
do they have anything else besides google wallet that we can use i live in MA is frustating that we have to go true all of that sinse the phone alreday have NFC and no other company developed anything as of yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another EDIT as of 7/12/13. go here for additional info/How to do it.

LINKY

EDIT: GO HERE FOR WORKING GOOGLE WALLET. DO NOT DOWNLOAD CWM.ZIP INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

why is this happening? check HERE for more detail.

But for the sake of keeping everything together in this thread..

Ok, first a little background

basically what you are seeing if you try to install google wallet on at&t, tmo, etc, is you get stuck on "activating device"
    If you dig a little further and ran a logcat, you will see that there it no "SMX detected"

What this means, when compiling the rom you need to enable SmartMX in the config headers located in the external/libnfc-nxp library. (thats why it works on CM9, they do this)
    this is impossible for us because there is no source for samsung's TouchWiz. We got a break on the international sgs3 as the latest update has the secure element enabled...so does the sprint sgs3

So, All i did was rip a handful of lib files and whatnot out of a International SGS3 (I-9300) and push them onto my Note II. and viola! you get all the ways to the point where you actually try and add the card. then things go downhill.

ZFmuul.png

you can find information on people having the same problem we're now stuck at HERE

all you need is a rooted Galaxy Note II to flash the zip. must be running Touchwiz. should work on all US and International variants (providing it has an Exynos4412 in it)

Should go without saying, but this is my first CWM zip. it's been working fine for me the multiple times I've tested it. but you're on your own if you have problems. And i'm not responsible for damage.

NOTE: in my experience it doesn't matter where you get the Google Wallet APK from. I modified my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus and got it from the market. also tried the modified Modaco one from HERE with no change.
    I've got mine to work, I'm on cmenard's 4.1.2 rom, I did not flash anything, here's what I did:

1. I've downloaded my zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127
    2. I changed my build prop to emulate galaxy nexus;
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro (Got this first 3 from at&t forum)
    ro.build.product=maguro (i don't know if it made any difference, I saw it had t0ltetmo name so i changed it)
    3. I rebooted by phone
    4. Download wallet from market:
    -I got my card added then reset the app, when I tried to open it again it always forcecloses, then I tried to clear data, force stop, install and uninstall, finally restored my nandroid back, changed my build.prop again, and install market from the market, I got forceclose message everytime and tried to add my account, then here's what I did next,
    5. I deleted wallet app from /data/app
    6. I copied the wallet app only from the zip file to /system/app, I did not copy anything else, just the wallet app and changed permission to rw-r-r
    7. Open the wallet app from the drawer and finished all the set up, added everything,
    8. Rebooted the phone again, opened wallet app without any issues
    9. Reverted my build.prop back to original
    10. Rebooted my phone
    11. Went to CVS and had a transaction
    - edit just saw the transaction after few hours
    if you're on the recent stock 4.1.2 from tmo do the following:

0) go and disable your device in wallet.google.com if you already set it up before.
    1) grab the following from jedix rom
    nfc apks from /system/app
    nfc lib files from /system/lib and /system/lib/hw
    nfcaccess xml file from /system/etc
    2) find the same files on your current rom and back them up.

3) install xposed installer, launch xposed installer and update to latest 2.1.x
    4) install the modaco xposed mod for wallet
    4.5) go into xposed framework and enable the mod that was installed

the xposed mod is so that you can use the wallet from the market. if you dont want that then use the premodified apk and move it to /system/app and risk using an apk that you dont particularly know what has been modified.

5) change your build.prop so it looks like a nexus
    6) reboot
    7) copy the files from the jedix rom and overwrite the ones you have on your phone. (modify permissions so they match the other files)
    8) install wallet from market
    9) reboot into recovery and delete dalvik and cache then reboot phone back into android
    10) launch wallet wait for it to initialize and then setup.
    10.5) you'll get emails from google when it's successfully setup.
    11) restore your build.prop so that it thinks it's a galaxy note ii again.
    12) go spend.

has any tried with stock 4.1.2 with the LTE update?

I'm thinking stock tmo rom libs and apk are not compatible. just moving the modaco apk to /system/app does not work.
    Can u give us a basic easy method pls

ro.product.name=yakju
    product.device=maguro
    5. Reboot your phone
    ro.product.name=t0ltetmo
    product.device=t0ltetmo

Suggestion...

I'm using CleanROM on my AT&T galaxy note II, and I flashed the zip provided by Warlock. When I run Google Wallet from Google Play, it force closes while setting up. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

This is part of the confusion many of us are having. He has threads started in each of the respective carriers GN2 forums. Too many people posting in the T-mobile forum about their Verizon and AT&T efforts and its really starting to get chaotic and almost impossible to follow what is correct for our device here.

I would like to propose that if Warlock knows how to get this to work on our T-mobile devices that he or anyone who has been successful, start a new thread and detail the instructions and links to necessary files in the OP. This [DEV][WIP] has gotten so convoluted with links back and forth to verizon and at&t forums and so many people writing in about those other devices in this thread...it's impossible to follow.