[Q] HtC One Update Help!!

Search This thread

Jahmarr.jade

Feb 3, 2014
Have An Htc one from bell unlocked using it on fido. Recently 4.4.2 has came out for my htc one and every time i update it will stop half way through and give me an red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it, How can i fix this so i can update my phone.
I got this phone from a friend and im not sure if its rooted or anything.

IMG_20140131_135430.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Bllooi

Dec 27, 2012
York
Have An Htc one from bell unlocked using it on fido. Recently 4.4.2 has came out for my htc one and every time i update it will stop half way through and give me an red triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle of it, How can i fix this so i can update my phone.

IMG_20140131_135430.jpg

Thanks in advance

Reboot the phone and hold down the power and volume down button while its rebooting then check if in the top it says 'UNLOCKED' if it is then you can't update. Just search on the forums on how to unroot.

Happy Flashing :D from the proud owner of a HTC One.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

IMG_20140131_135430.jpg

Thanks in advance

To get out of boot loader simply use your volume buttons to navigate down and use power button to select reboot

Jahmarr.jade

Feb 3, 2014
Bootloader (locked)

Reboot the phone and hold down the power and volume down button while its rebooting then check if in the top it says 'UNLOCKED' if it is then you can't update. Just search on the forums on how to unroot.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

To get out of boot loader simply use your volume buttons to navigate down and use power button to select reboot

I went into the bootloader and it says Locked at the top, what does that mean? Since its locked can't i update it? I'm new to this stuff sorry