[Q] AT&T KitKat 4.4.2 Update Failing in 27%

Search This thread

JimmyMPR

Mar 20, 2014
Port Saint Lucie, FL
I just flash my Note3 to install Stock 4.4.2 update. Do whatever and the system update manually, OTA and pushed by AT&T fails at 27% updating the phone. Anyone is experiencing the same issue?

Going back to root probably tonight and forget about AT&T KitKat. lol

Reactions: legionz

saurabhrupji

Feb 13, 2010
I just flash my Note3 to install Stock 4.4.2 update. Do whatever and the system update manually, OTA and pushed by AT&T fails at 27% updating the phone. Anyone is experiencing the same issue?

Facing the same exact issue. Do you know how to resolve it

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Once again. If someone finds a 28% update failure like myself (like clockwork) on my kit kat update please. Please please let me know. I have my reasons. And yes I know there are fixes. However I'm more interested on 28 from the most seen 27% fail ..I have my reasons. And I thank you all...peace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

ziauddin26

Apr 7, 2014
failed at 28%

Once again. If someone finds a 28% update failure like myself (like clockwork) on my kit kat update please. Please please let me know. I have my reasons. And yes I know there are fixes. However I'm more interested on 28 from the most seen 27% fail ..I have my reasons. And I thank you all...peace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

It seems your phone was previously rooted. It happens to me as well. I am still waiting for solution from the developer.

fearbeta

Oct 31, 2011
So if your phone was previously rooted, but no longer rooted... you can't get the update? Even if I wanted to stay un-rooted, the only way to update to kitkat is by re-rooting and the upgrading?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Oh look... Another thread amongst 6 billion with the same issue...

This has been fixed and gone over many many MANY times... Please go look in the general section.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xfive420

Oct 15, 2007
Oh look... Another thread amongst 6 billion with the same issue...

This has been fixed and gone over many many MANY times... Please go look in the general section.

This post would be far more helpful with some actual links to maybe one or two of the useful threads out of the 6 billion. I searched the general section and have not found any simple fix to take the OTA update from a rooted NB4. However, I did find some other threads on the topic so hopefully these will help others. If I find a better fix I'll post it here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696795 - another thread on the topic with a few ideas including getting the phone flashed and then taking the OTA update:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701062 - this seems to be the only do-it-yourself fix for the issue that I've seen, but it requires downgrading to MJ5

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
This post would be far more helpful with some actual links to maybe one or two of the useful threads out of the 6 billion. I searched the general section and have not found any simple fix to take the OTA update from a rooted NB4. However, I did find some other threads on the topic so hopefully these will help others. If I find a better fix I'll post it here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696795 - another thread on the topic with a few ideas including getting the phone flashed and then taking the OTA update:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701062 - this seems to be the only do-it-yourself fix for the issue that I've seen, but it requires downgrading to MJ5

It would be far more helpful to everyone if the OP actually searched. That's why I say where to look and do not provide links anymore. We are not here to spoonfeed people.

Reactions: 440bro

xfive420

Oct 15, 2007
It would be far more helpful to everyone if the OP actually searched. That's why I say where to look and do not provide links anymore. We are not here to spoonfeed people.

Except that after I read your post, I was under the impression that there was a simple fix to get the OTA update to complete. There isn't, at least not that I could find. I searched for quite some time trying to find the "fix" you were referring to and out of the six billion posts I only came up with those two links. Also the link in the 2nd post of this thread was useful. However, as far as I can tell, there are workarounds to get the kitkat upgrade, but there is no way to get the OTA update to complete on its own. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Incidentally, this thread was the first thread I came across in my search for a solution. If I landed here first, others will do the same. That's why I think it's helpful to others if you post a link to the appropriate information. It's not just for the sake of the OP, but for everyone who lands here. However, if you feel like it's better for the community to teach the OP a lesson and force them to search, that's really your call. We'll just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: macqueyl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Except that after I read your post, I was under the impression that there was a simple fix to get the OTA update to complete. There isn't, at least not that I could find. I searched for quite some time trying to find the "fix" you were referring to and out of the six billion posts I only came up with those two links. Also the link in the 2nd post of this thread was useful. However, as far as I can tell, there are workarounds to get the kitkat upgrade, but there is no way to get the OTA update to complete on its own. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Incidentally, this thread was the first thread I came across in my search for a solution. If I landed here first, others will do the same. That's why I think it's helpful to others if you post a link to the appropriate information. It's not just for the sake of the OP, but for everyone who lands here. However, if you feel like it's better for the community to teach the OP a lesson and force them to search, that's really your call. We'll just agree to disagree.