Cannot delete following contacts: Myself

Search This thread

RJK75

Dec 31, 2013
I have just changed the SIM card in my Sony Xperia Z, but it still shows my old number, how can I change this?
My device is ROOTED, I have googled and tried all sorts to change the new SIM card number, but nothing please someone help.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I have just changed the SIM card in my Sony Xperia Z, but it still shows my old number, how can I change this?
My device is ROOTED, I have googled and tried all sorts to change the new SIM card number, but nothing please someone help.

Open contacts>open myself>on the left hand side beside 3 dots there is an icon click on that>Edit your info :good:

Last edited:

RJK75

Dec 31, 2013
Lol I tried that, it didn't work. I'm trying to change the default number to my new number, it just tells me I cannot delete following contacts!

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X
Lol I tried that, it didn't work. I'm trying to change the default number to my new number, it just tells me I cannot delete following contacts!

Open Myself, click on edit button (guy with pen in top right corner), than click on add new, enter your new number and save. After that edit it again and delete old number, save. :) Another option is factory reset.

RJK75

Dec 31, 2013
No, no & no, tried all that before I posted about problem! I joined XDA Developers to see if there is a work around, i.e. a question for a programmer/developer,

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
I dont get it... why is it you cant edit it to a new phonenumber?

3B2VlWt.png

You cannot delete "Myself" as it is not an actual contact.

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
No, no & no, tried all that before I posted about problem! I joined XDA Developers to see if there is a work around, i.e. a question for a programmer/developer,

Go to gmail from the mail id you have registered for the device
go to account settings
try changing your gsm number there

RJK75

Dec 31, 2013
Right I have just figured out that this number is the original number, I got O2 to change it to a different number, (which I am using), I bet there is no way to change it but gonna ask O2 Support, thanks for all the help so far peeps, I will get back to let no how it goes.:D

RJK75

Dec 31, 2013
We'll I've just got back from talking with o2 guru's, it seems there is no recovery it needs flashing, but because it's over a year old I will have to pay them to do it, I am going to start a new thread as I wish to do it myself but have no idea where to start, thanks again peeps for ur help :)