[Q] S-off mistake

Search This thread

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Thank you!! It worked!

I can mount the sd card but the computer still doesn't recognize it. I got the android drivers installed. What's next?

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Thank you!! It worked!

I can mount the sd card but the computer still doesn't recognize it. I got the android drivers installed. What's next?

Your computer seems to recognize it, from when you did the fastboot devices and got a result.

Now you need to relock bootloader and run an RUU to get back to stock. Then you can proceed with moonshine or rumrunner to s-off.

Or

Install TWRP again and install a ROM, don't forget to fastboot flash the boot.img

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Okay, I relocked the bootloader, but now it says ***RELOCKED*** and under it it says ****Security Warning*** I assume that's normal?
And don't I have to start up my phone to do the RUU?
Which RUU do I need? It's a German phone without any branding or simlock! Thank you so much for your help!!

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Okay, I relocked the bootloader, but now it says ***RELOCKED*** and under it it says ****Security Warning*** I assume that's normal?
Which RUU do I need? It's a German phone without any branding or simlock! Thank you so much for your help!!

Yes, that is normal.

Yes, you can start your phone in boot loader mode and run the RUU, so you don't have to have a functioning ROM working.

Here is a Guide
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html

about halfway down that page there are links to RUU's. Where it says "You can find some RUU's for the HTC One S here and here."

I'm guessing there is about a 30% chance you find a RUU for your phone since it is from Germany. Sorry. So I wouldn't waste too much time looking.

So once you have given up looking for an RUU just install a custom recovery, install a ROM and flash the boot.img.

[Tutorial]Root, Unlock, Recovery and flashing a Custom ROM

[Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot

[S-OFF] Moonshine S-OFF
or
Rumrunner Easy way to s-off!!!

An all in one tool you might use
[TOOL] WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One S

Yes, it's a lot of links, but honestly I don't have the patience to walk you through step by step. You will need to just dig in and do some reading and learn this stuff.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: tomlennart

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Thank you so much for all the help!! It's finally working again!!

Just one problem now now. the phone says I only have 2GB left and the other 14GB are listet as "other" when I check settings->storage, but there is nothing on the phone. How can I fix this?

Reactions: tivofool

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012

Just one problem now now. the phone says I only have 2GB left and the other 14GB are listet as "other" when I check settings->storage, but there is nothing on the phone. How can I fix this?

If you are on maximus and are still S-On, I think this is what the storage looks like. That firmware that is required for that ROM changes the partitions so that all of it is usable.

You would need to flash a different rom made for 2.15 hboot.

If you were able to S-Off, then make sure the ROM.zip is in the SD card. Follow Maximus install instructions.

Install firmware
Install special TWRP
Reinstall Maximus.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomlennart

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Okay, what do you mean by "install firmware"? Maximus HD or a different one?
And special TWRP is the one in the all in one kit?

tivofool

Jun 6, 2012
Okay, what do you mean by "install firmware"? Maximus HD or a different one?
And special TWRP is the one in the all in one kit?

If you are trying to use Maximus or a couple of the other ROMs that say 2.16 hboot needed, then you need to follow the install instructions exactly on the Maximus first page.

Where it says to put the rom.zip on your phone, install zip. Download firmware on pc and install onto phone. Download only the TWRP on Maximus install page and flash that. Then reflash Maximus ROM.zip while in twrp recovery.

Here is a copy and paste of those directions
Find in Recovery "Choose zip from sdcard" choose appropriate zip file.
Proceed steps that Aroma installer gives.
After install finish you MUST reboot device in fastboot mode.
Now it's time to install 4.2.2 capable firmware.
Download Install package.rar (Archive stored in same folder as rom)
(Note that fastboot.exe not capable yet with Windows 8.1, you need Windows XP/Vista/7/8)
Connect device to PC and make sure you see lines Fastboot USB.
Extract Install package in any place on your PC.
Open folder, run Command Prompt, type there
1.fastboot oem rebootRUU
2.fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
If you get an error
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
type command once again
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot flash recovery TWRP2.6.1.0.img
fastboot reboot
Make sure that installation was successful and press enter to reboot device.
Device will boot in system, wait till you can see device on PC and copy ROM on internal SD card once again.
Repeat ROM installation with Aroma installer, do wipe during install.
Congratulations, you have device with fully working Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, that is normal.

Yes, you can start your phone in boot loader mode and run the RUU, so you don't have to have a functioning ROM working.

Here is a Guide
    http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html

about halfway down that page there are links to RUU's. Where it says "You can find some RUU's for the HTC One S here and here."

I'm guessing there is about a 30% chance you find a RUU for your phone since it is from Germany. Sorry. So I wouldn't waste too much time looking.

So once you have given up looking for an RUU just install a custom recovery, install a ROM and flash the boot.img.

[Tutorial]Root, Unlock, Recovery and flashing a Custom ROM

[Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot

[S-OFF] Moonshine S-OFF
    or
    Rumrunner Easy way to s-off!!!

An all in one tool you might use
    [TOOL] WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One S

Yes, it's a lot of links, but honestly I don't have the patience to walk you through step by step. You will need to just dig in and do some reading and learn this stuff.

Good luck. :)

If you are on maximus and are still S-On, I think this is what the storage looks like. That firmware that is required for that ROM changes the partitions so that all of it is usable.

You would need to flash a different rom made for 2.15 hboot.

If you were able to S-Off, then make sure the ROM.zip is in the SD card. Follow Maximus install instructions.

Install firmware
    Install special TWRP
    Reinstall Maximus.