[06.DEC.11][MAG/CLK] Redux2 HD2 v1.4 [2.3.5][AOSP][SMALL][ODEXED][K:TYTUNG 12.4]

Search This thread

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Welcome to

REDUX2 HD2 ROM-PORT

This is my first attempt on porting a custom Desire rom to our beloved HD2.

My idea was to make this rom as small as possible and to keep things clean and fast without losing to much functionality and stabilty.

All credits go to the creators of the original stuff !!!

6216593129_879811d48e.jpg
6217110116_83b6de24e4.jpg
6216593145_55ba234989.jpg
6217110130_4f935a6e42.jpg

Key Features (changelog in 2nd post) :

android 2.3.5 (GRJ90)
tytung kernel 12.4
tytung GPS libraries 2.1
framework & system apps are odexed for more speed and space.
only 85 mb system partition is needed so you have +300mb free space.
small a2sd script included for the 'hardcore installers'
old and fast v1.82 market
removed Gtalk for more space
removed tts languages for more space
removed more apps which can be downloaded of the market
added spare parts (to disable compatibility mode)
added working spirit FM radio (free) (can be uninstalled)
added Rom Toolbox (free) v4.1.4 (can be uninstalled)

Downloads :

Redux2 Roms (Flash via recovery)

Partition table for v1.4 version :

misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 85M
cache ya 5M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Recommendations before and after installation :

- Backup your apps and settings with Titanium backup and do a clean installation for best performance. (wipe everything beforehand in recovery)
- Disable 'Compatibility Mode' in Spare Parts app otherwise the lockscreen could be too small.
- Default CPU speed and governor = 245-998 Mhz Interactive. Set your favorite speed and governor in 'CPU settings' on 1st boot.
- After setting up your phone consider doing a reboot for better performance.
- If you want to use additional system apps (a2sd for example) or use custom themes (search this thread)
be aware of your system partition size and make sure you have enough space !

- For some very nice themes you can check out this topic by mexicandroid ! thanks to him for all his work.
- For Arabic support please look here. (thanks to ksaleem & madmack)

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

I do this for fun only and really don't want any donations, but you could consider doing one to the original creators instead.

If you find any bugs I will do my best to fix them,
but keep in mind that the development of Redux2 is stopped and closed source so some things can't be fixed...

please be nice and keep it friendly !

Thanks & Credits to : tytung, ihlades, rootSU, arif-ali, Cotulla, xavierjohn22, dsixda, hyperdroid team.

Last edited:

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Changelog and previous versions

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.4:

- Odexed the framework and system apps for more speed and less dalvic-cache which will need more system space as before (about 15mb) , but will give you around 30mb more space back in /data partition for user apps ! (credits : ckpv5)
- removed filemanager
- added free version of rom toolbox which has lots of great tools like root file manager, terminal, App manager and much more (credits : JRummy16)
- Included a small a2sd script for users who really need more space (credits : leonnib4)

make sure you have Ext3 partition, use terminal (via provided rom toolbox) and type :
#su
# a2sd on
to activate
# a2sd off
to deactivate

I still do not recommend using any kind of a2sd scripts and think there is enough user-space available.. Don't forget the 'built in move to sd' functionality in android !

- Included browser search fix.
- Updated Spirit FM Radio (if any update show up, just uninstall and install latest version of the market)
- Updated Superuser
- Updated build.prop so more payed apps show up.
- Hacked vending.apk to stop it from downloading the latest crappy market apk to /data/download and leave the +3mb there doing nothing.. :s (credits : Fnorder)

Side note :

Since I've decided to Odex Redux2 HD2 rom there is no 'Lite version' anymore because the difference in system space is only 3,5 mb....

Themers also need the proper adjustments for their themes. ( I think there is an option for Odexed files in the UOT kitchen)

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3a:

- changed kernel back to tytung v12.4 for better battery life and compatibility.
- recompiled email.apk which should fix the force closing.
- fixed stock music player from force closing.
- added multilanguage version as promised.

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3:

- changed kernel to Dorimanx v2.0 for now and lets see how this goes...
- Moved back to the old market again (not satisfied yet with the modded v2.3.6 market)
- changed default dpi to 240 for better overall compatibility.
- removed non working stock FM radio and replaced it with Spirit FM Radio (located in /data)
- moved email.apk back to system now only FM Radio/DSPManager & Filemanager are left in data for manual uninstallation if desired.
- replaced 2.3.5 stock launcher with smaller modded 2.3.7 launcher (7 home screens)
- fixed browser from force closing when going into download list.
- added some more system files back to gain even more stability..
- compressed the framework and files once more so everything still fits the 60mb System partition with ease :)

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.2:

- Updated market to version 2.3.6 + dpi fix (credits : Smtih)
- Updated kernel to r14 (credits : tytung)
- Fixed cLK tethering issues
- Moved back apps from /data to /system except : DSPManager, Email, Filemanager, FM Radio
- removed dictionaries from stock keyboard to safe space (no auto complete)
- removed zeam laucher and only included stock launcher

Changelog and Updates Redux2 HD2 v1.1a :

- Fixed email.apk with no battery drain is now included (credits : jakubklos)
- Fixed mms.apk with no blurry pictures is now included : change the user agent to NexusOne in settings (credits : tytung)
- Changed default density to 182 (can be changed in build.prob.)
- Added stock launcher.
- Tweaked build.prob a bit and added a tweak script in system/etc/init.d (credits : Lymon.)
- Added cpu voltage script in system/etc/init.d for lower voltage (lowest default = 925 mV.)
- Added DSP manager.
- Changed headset icon and added a missing link in framework (hope it is fixed now.)
- Added Dutch & English dictionary to the stock keyboard (lite version)
- Added Dictionaries to the stock keyboard with the following country code: cs,da,de,el,en,es,fr,it,iw,ka,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv (multilanguage version)
- Added more fonts (multilanguage version)
- Compressed and Optimised the framework and apps even more.
- Shrinked the partition layout to 57mb (lite) and 67mb (multilanguage) system and 3mb cache for more space.
- Added european gps.conf and full apn list (credits : D3LTA)
- Moved back LiveWallpapersPicker.apk to the system (thanks : tin2404)
- Moved the following apps to data and can be uninstalled via application management if desired :

# Browser
# Calculator
# Deskclock
# DSPmanager
# Email
# Filemanager
# FM
# Gallery3D
# LatinIME (keyboard)
# Music
# Soundrecorder
# Spareparts
# Voicedialer
# Stock Launcher
# Zeam Launcher

- Please keep in mind when uninstalling both launchers you will need a replacement first ! the same goes for the keyboard ofcourse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Previous (Deodexed) Releases

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Partition layouts are for all of the previous lite versions :

misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 60M
cache ya 5M

The following Partition layouts are for all of the previous Multilanguage versions :

misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 70M
cache ya 5M

Last edited:

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Bugs & Tips

Warnings, Bugs & must know :

This rom fits the system partition really tide after repartitioning thus installing any (3rd party) system apps after installation (A2SD for example) will not work and will need repartitioning of the system partition first !

Take the above in consideration, before adding system stuff and repartition the partition-table as needed !

Known issues and bugs :

- No headset icon & Headset sometimes is not recognized :

This issue is present in the original Redux2 rom and since the development of the original Redux2 rom stopped I have to look into that if I can fix this...

If more bugs are found I will add it to this list so people know what to expect...

- Tips & Tricks :

- Disable compatibilty mode in Spare Parts app for better compatibilty with apps.
- Consider setting cpu governor on Conservative for better battery life in settings.
- To tweak the android ram manager download autokiller of the market and set default to strict or aggressive.
- Set the Window & Transition animations both on fast in Spare Parts app. (side effect = no tv animation when screen goes off)
- more to come later

Last edited:

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
Cyanogen based?

seems like an excellent rom, before I try it ...

Just 1 questions

1. Is this based on CyanogenMod, I mean can Tablet tweaks be applied?

regards

Last edited:

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Thanx man. Been waiting for a redux release. Downloading

Hope you like it.. Let me know.

Looks really good. What about your plans including more languages next time? thx. :D

I'll make a multi-language version soon, but don't expect it to fit on 60mb system partition ;)

thanks.

seems like an excellent rom, before I try it ...

Just 2 questions

1. Is this based on CyanogenMod, I mean can Tablet tweaks be applied?

2. Does it include the latest Tytung Kernel 12.4 with all the latest patches applied?

regards

1. no it's AOSP based with some elements of CM.. no tablet tweaks sorry.
2. Yes the latest tytung kernel (12.4 update 3) is included.

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
Hope you like it.. Let me know.

I'll make a multi-language version soon, but don't expect it to fit on 60mb system partition ;)

thanks.

1. no it's AOSP based with some elements of CM.. no tablet tweaks sorry.
2. Yes the latest tytung kernel (12.4 update 3) is included.

thanks for the quick reply :)

riaan0010

Sep 28, 2010
rom is very quick. Love the multitasking and notfication menu.

Well done. Will test more. Data and wifi okay.

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
rom is quick and stable.I like this minimalistic style and i have a lot of userdata space on my t-mobile hd2.I was missed the good old market :) Keep up the great work

dreamenvoy

Feb 20, 2010
good I've been waiting for so long to find a clean rom. now it seems that I got it , download right now...

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Great job. I've been doing the same thing going thru the desire forums to find new stuff for the HD2.
Once again Great job.:D

thanks man.

rom is very quick. Love the multitasking and notfication menu.

Well done. Will test more. Data and wifi okay.

Great keep me posted.

rom is quick and stable.I like this minimalistic style and i have a lot of userdata space on my t-mobile hd2.I was missed the good old market :) Keep up the great work

On t-mobile version you should have more than enough userspace indeed :)

good I've been waiting for so long to find a clean rom. now it seems that I got it , download right now...

Hope you like it.

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Very nice!!
Small and nimble.
Any themes for statusbar icons like CM7 themechooser ?

Great Job

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
What is that quick controls screen ? An app ?
Looks like a new kind of notification bar...

Pretty elegant, eh? :) This is custom made by ihlades of the original Redux2 Rom.

how to repartition system to 60mb and cache to 3mb? Please help me.

I've made a custom recovery and you can find it in the 1st post "Magldr_Recovery_5.0.2.3_Redux2_hd2"

Download this file and unpack it somewhere you can find it (desktop?) ,
Assuming you have Magldr already installed, Power off your phone and hold the powerbutton while starting up your phone, choose option 5 in Magldr menu (usb-flasher), run DAF.exe inside the unpacked Magldr_Recovery_5.0.2.3_Redux2_hd2 folder and follow the instruction on screen(s)

- sidenote - always make backups first !

Very nice!!
Small and nimble.
Any themes for statusbar icons like CM7 themechooser ?

Great Job

Thanks, you can try to theme it yourself in the UOT-kitchen if you don't like the default theme ;)

I currently have no plans yet to add themes, maybe later...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to

REDUX2 HD2 ROM-PORT

This is my first attempt on porting a custom Desire rom to our beloved HD2.

My idea was to make this rom as small as possible and to keep things clean and fast without losing to much functionality and stabilty.

All credits go to the creators of the original stuff !!!

6216593129_879811d48e.jpg
    6217110116_83b6de24e4.jpg
    6216593145_55ba234989.jpg
    6217110130_4f935a6e42.jpg

Key Features (changelog in 2nd post) :

android 2.3.5 (GRJ90)
    tytung kernel 12.4
    tytung GPS libraries 2.1
    framework & system apps are odexed for more speed and space.
    only 85 mb system partition is needed so you have +300mb free space.
    small a2sd script included for the 'hardcore installers'
    old and fast v1.82 market
    removed Gtalk for more space
    removed tts languages for more space
    removed more apps which can be downloaded of the market
    added spare parts (to disable compatibility mode)
    added working spirit FM radio (free) (can be uninstalled)
    added Rom Toolbox (free) v4.1.4 (can be uninstalled)

Downloads :

Redux2 Roms (Flash via recovery)

Partition table for v1.4 version :

misc ya 1M
    boot yboot|ro 5M
    system ya 85M
    cache ya 5M

Recommendations before and after installation :

- Backup your apps and settings with Titanium backup and do a clean installation for best performance. (wipe everything beforehand in recovery)
    - Disable 'Compatibility Mode' in Spare Parts app otherwise the lockscreen could be too small.
    - Default CPU speed and governor = 245-998 Mhz Interactive. Set your favorite speed and governor in 'CPU settings' on 1st boot.
    - After setting up your phone consider doing a reboot for better performance.
    - If you want to use additional system apps (a2sd for example) or use custom themes (search this thread)
    be aware of your system partition size and make sure you have enough space !

- For some very nice themes you can check out this topic by mexicandroid ! thanks to him for all his work.
    - For Arabic support please look here. (thanks to ksaleem & madmack)

*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

I do this for fun only and really don't want any donations, but you could consider doing one to the original creators instead.

If you find any bugs I will do my best to fix them,
    but keep in mind that the development of Redux2 is stopped and closed source so some things can't be fixed...

please be nice and keep it friendly !

Thanks & Credits to : tytung, ihlades, rootSU, arif-ali, Cotulla, xavierjohn22, dsixda, hyperdroid team.

Changelog and previous versions

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.4:

- Odexed the framework and system apps for more speed and less dalvic-cache which will need more system space as before (about 15mb) , but will give you around 30mb more space back in /data partition for user apps ! (credits : ckpv5)
    - removed filemanager
    - added free version of rom toolbox which has lots of great tools like root file manager, terminal, App manager and much more (credits : JRummy16)
    - Included a small a2sd script for users who really need more space (credits : leonnib4)

make sure you have Ext3 partition, use terminal (via provided rom toolbox) and type :
    #su
    # a2sd on
    to activate
    # a2sd off
    to deactivate

I still do not recommend using any kind of a2sd scripts and think there is enough user-space available.. Don't forget the 'built in move to sd' functionality in android !

- Included browser search fix.
    - Updated Spirit FM Radio (if any update show up, just uninstall and install latest version of the market)
    - Updated Superuser
    - Updated build.prop so more payed apps show up.
    - Hacked vending.apk to stop it from downloading the latest crappy market apk to /data/download and leave the +3mb there doing nothing.. :s (credits : Fnorder)

Side note :

Since I've decided to Odex Redux2 HD2 rom there is no 'Lite version' anymore because the difference in system space is only 3,5 mb....

Themers also need the proper adjustments for their themes. ( I think there is an option for Odexed files in the UOT kitchen)

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3a:

- changed kernel back to tytung v12.4 for better battery life and compatibility.
    - recompiled email.apk which should fix the force closing.
    - fixed stock music player from force closing.
    - added multilanguage version as promised.

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3:

- changed kernel to Dorimanx v2.0 for now and lets see how this goes...
    - Moved back to the old market again (not satisfied yet with the modded v2.3.6 market)
    - changed default dpi to 240 for better overall compatibility.
    - removed non working stock FM radio and replaced it with Spirit FM Radio (located in /data)
    - moved email.apk back to system now only FM Radio/DSPManager & Filemanager are left in data for manual uninstallation if desired.
    - replaced 2.3.5 stock launcher with smaller modded 2.3.7 launcher (7 home screens)
    - fixed browser from force closing when going into download list.
    - added some more system files back to gain even more stability..
    - compressed the framework and files once more so everything still fits the 60mb System partition with ease :)

Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.2:

- Updated market to version 2.3.6 + dpi fix (credits : Smtih)
    - Updated kernel to r14 (credits : tytung)
    - Fixed cLK tethering issues
    - Moved back apps from /data to /system except : DSPManager, Email, Filemanager, FM Radio
    - removed dictionaries from stock keyboard to safe space (no auto complete)
    - removed zeam laucher and only included stock launcher

- Fixed mms.apk with no blurry pictures is now included : change the user agent to NexusOne in settings (credits : tytung)
    - Added stock launcher.
    - Tweaked build.prob a bit and added a tweak script in system/etc/init.d (credits : Lymon.)
    - Added cpu voltage script in system/etc/init.d for lower voltage (lowest default = 925 mV.)
    - Added DSP manager.
    - Changed headset icon and added a missing link in framework (hope it is fixed now.)
    - Added Dictionaries to the stock keyboard with the following country code: cs,da,de,el,en,es,fr,it,iw,ka,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv (multilanguage version)
    - Shrinked the partition layout to 57mb (lite) and 67mb (multilanguage) system and 3mb cache for more space.
    - Moved the following apps to data and can be uninstalled via application management if desired :

# Browser
    # Calculator
    # Deskclock
    # DSPmanager
    # Email
    # Filemanager
    # FM
    # Gallery3D
    # LatinIME (keyboard)
    # Music
    # Soundrecorder
    # Spareparts
    # Voicedialer
    # Stock Launcher
    # Zeam Launcher

- Please keep in mind when uninstalling both launchers you will need a replacement first ! the same goes for the keyboard ofcourse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Previous (Deodexed) Releases

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Partition layouts are for all of the previous lite versions :

misc ya 1M
    boot yboot|ro 5M
    system ya 60M
    cache ya 5M

The following Partition layouts are for all of the previous Multilanguage versions :

misc ya 1M
    boot yboot|ro 5M
    system ya 70M
    cache ya 5M
    Bugs & Tips

Warnings, Bugs & must know :

This rom fits the system partition really tide after repartitioning thus installing any (3rd party) system apps after installation (A2SD for example) will not work and will need repartitioning of the system partition first !

Take the above in consideration, before adding system stuff and repartition the partition-table as needed !

Known issues and bugs :

- No headset icon & Headset sometimes is not recognized :

This issue is present in the original Redux2 rom and since the development of the original Redux2 rom stopped I have to look into that if I can fix this...

If more bugs are found I will add it to this list so people know what to expect...

- Tips & Tricks :

- Disable compatibilty mode in Spare Parts app for better compatibilty with apps.
    - Consider setting cpu governor on Conservative for better battery life in settings.
    - To tweak the android ram manager download autokiller of the market and set default to strict or aggressive.
    - Set the Window & Transition animations both on fast in Spare Parts app. (side effect = no tv animation when screen goes off)
    - more to come later
    New update..

I made a new updated version of 1.1 and a Multilanguage version.

- Added stock launcher.
    - Added DSP manager.

# Browser
    # Calculator
    # Deskclock
    # DSPmanager
    # Email
    # Filemanager
    # FM
    # Gallery3D
    # LatinIME (keyboard)
    # Music
    # Soundrecorder
    # Spareparts
    # Voicedialer
    # Stock Launcher
    # Zeam Launcher

Hope you guys like it !

Enjoy...
    Update 1.1 lite

Updated the Lite version to v1.1 (see 2nd post) with the following changes :

- Changed Market to v2.3.6, all apps should now be visible (credits : Hyperdroid team.)
    - Fixed email.apk is now included (no battery drain?)
    - Fixed mms.apk is now included (no blurry pictures?)
    - Added stock launcher.
    - Added cpu voltage script in system/etc/init.d for lower voltage (lowest = 925 mV.)
    - Added DSP manager.
    - Added Dutch & English dictionary to the stock keyboard.
    - Shrinked the partition layout to 57mb system and 2mb cache for more space.

# Browser
    # Calculator
    # Deskclock
    # DSPmanager
    # Email
    # Filemanager
    # FM
    # Gallery3D
    # Livewallpaperspicker
    # LatinIME (keyboard)
    # Music
    # Soundrecorder
    # Spareparts
    # Voicedialer
    # Stock Launcher
    # Zeam Launcher

You are now able to remove some stock apps yourself using the build in application management to gain even more space.

I will be away for the next 8 days so Multilanguage release will have to wait.

Hope you guys have fun using it ;)