[ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 Euroskank KANGS &Trinity Kernels

Search This thread

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
Lol I saw your "64GB SD card" comment, yeah I'm waiting to see what my options are by the end of June. I'm so tempted to go with the Evo but the S3 is looking like a major powerhouse. I'm also actually considering an iPhone, I would hate joining the walled garden but the iPhone has some things android phones just lack :/

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Lol I saw your "64GB SD card" comment, yeah I'm waiting to see what my options are by the end of June. I'm so tempted to go with the Evo but the S3 is looking like a major powerhouse. I'm also actually considering an iPhone, I would hate joining the walled garden but the iPhone has some things android phones just lack :/

Honestly, if the Exynos isn't in US variant, I wouldn't pick up a GS3. Something doesn't feel right about it having the S4.

|Trolling with a smile|

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
True. If it comes with the S4 chip(most likely now that I think of it), its only upside would be the removable battery and some software features lol

Which now leaves me the choice between the Evo,iPhone, or the new Nexus which probably wont come to sprint until April or may -.-

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
It won't be a quad. Tegra supposed to be making some 4lte chips but we won't see them until late this year or early next.

†††

Last edited:

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
Quad core isn't needed in a phone right now as nothing is or will be optimized for it until it is more mainstream. Evo lte has been having a lot of issues especially with the multitasking, data and screen problems. Many one x owners are returning the phones due to this. Evo lte's are most likely to see the same problems.

Watching to gs3 threads to see what kind of issues are going to pop up as more people get their gs3's.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582151

Last edited:

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Quad core isn't needed in a phone right now as nothing is or will be optimized for it until it is more mainstream. Evo lte has been having a lot of issues especially with the multitasking, data and screen problems. Many one x owners are returning the phones due to this. Evo lte's are most likely to see the same problems.

Watching to gs3 threads to see what kind of issues are going to pop up as more people get their gs3's.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582151

What do you think of quad core tablets?

Also, geez what's wrong with the One X? That's a ridiculous amount of issue for the next thing since sliced bread but before the iPhone 5.

|Trolling with a smile|

Last edited:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Looking more and more like I will keep my GNex..lol. I am watching the S3 stuff in my 14 day window though. I am running out of time but I love the GNex. As soon as I rooted, put Skank and Dark Ice on it...wow! I have the Epic Touch which will just be coming into its development prime within the next few months. I like having a pure Google phone and a Galaxy series. Damn I don't know what the hell I am going to do!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Throw them in the air and which ever one hits the floor and doesn't break is the winner. Or you can send me your gnex for the gs3 but then I would have to hear you beg for it back :D

†††

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnCorleone

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
Hey John how much of a performance difference is there on the GNex compared to our NS's on skank? :D I'm looking into getting one but if app performance and overall fluidity is around the same I'll just wait till the new Nexus(Nexi?) Lol

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Hey John how much of a performance difference is there on the GNex compared to our NS's on skank? :D I'm looking into getting one but if app performance and overall fluidity is around the same I'll just wait till the new Nexus(Nexi?) Lol

I stuck my same setup as on my NS4G with a slightly overclocked kernel (1344 I believe) and on my first battery cycle I got 20 hours with 5 hours screen time.. The only thing I noticed is a very slight decrease in smoothness when opening the app drawer and that is searching for something to complain about. Trinity kernels work amazing on it. I haven't had a single reboot. Even underclocked a bit it is fast and smooth. At the max frequency I mentioned Antutu marks are 6300+. Now Morfic has kernels that overclock over 1700..lol. I was hoping I would find something to make me not want it but as soon as I rooted, ROMd, and kerneled it the performance almost seemed to double. All of these posts I saw in the Epic Touch forum about horrible battery and 6 month old technology are a load of doo doo. Its a great phone. Yeah the S3 will beat it in benchmarks but I got my Epic Touch on launch day (Sept.16th) and there has still only been one tunable kernel and not one ROM built completely from source. It breaks down to the raw power that the S3 with the beast CPU/GPU and extra Touchwiz features versus the seemingly endless customization and solid overall experience of the GNex.

Edit...I haven't had a single issue with an app yet. There are 3 kernel apps that I know of (Trinity, Franco, and Glados) for fine tuning color, sound, voltage, frequency, and options. Too much to put in one post. Also a S3 add on zip that includes most of the cool new stuff

Edit 2..I will make my final decision by Monday but I am leaning towards keeping the GNex (tonight.. lol) and getting the next Nexus in the fall off contract. You won't see a monumental difference but the screen is great and its dual core with a nice video camera and LTE (when its finished) so whether its worth an upgrade (almost all seem to love it) is up to you. If you are waiting for the next great thing there are a few of those every year or so it seems

Last edited:

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
I was going go get the G-Nex but my Nexus S4G can hold me over for another 7 months I hope when the new Nexus comes out Sprint customers don't have to wait months for it I'm also thinking of just leaving sprint & going to T-Mobile cuz there 3g speeds are better than sprints & if I buy it right from Google Play I get updates from Google don't have to wait for carrier approval & can use the phone with 200+ GSM carriers from the world pop sim card & your good

°N€×U$ $4G°

brianbgrp

Dec 20, 2011
antioch, california
I just ordered my google gsm gnex. Love this phone....but sprint data speeds here are no better th an 2g. And IM in a full 4g TMobile area for work and home....and excellent voice coverage for both. Hello 30/month 4g plan.....goodbye sprints .5mbps speeds.

I wouldn't even consider a non nexus phone anymore. The development community alone is a selling point. Why buy outside nexus....and then have to pray people port the roms designed FOR the nexus to your phone lol.

Sent from my Nexus Prime using Tapatalk 2

stellar

Dec 12, 2011
Is this not the Euro thread anymore???

It still is, its just the skanks are near bug free so we're just rambling off-topic lol

Hmmm, I will have to visit a corporate store soon, I still haven't touched a GNex so maybe it'll give me a better view on things :) Oh and I want to try the Evo, I've heard great things about it lol

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
It still is, its just the skanks are near bug free so we're just rambling off-topic lol

Hmmm, I will have to visit a corporate store soon, I still haven't touched a GNex so maybe it'll give me a better view on things :) Oh and I want to try the Evo, I've heard great things about it lol

This.

Euroskank has been almost completely bug free for me for months now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here you will find cm9 kangs for the NS4G from euroskank http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/crespo4g/
    gapps are needed. gapps http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    the changes/cherry picks are on the right in the link. the first kang includes..

Common
    * Framework: Remove useless PowerDialog class
    * Framework: SystemUI: Fix data activity overlay not being removed when data is disabled
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Show Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Fade Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Rename Launcher to Trebuchet
    * Launcher2: Preferences Show/Fade Page Indicator (AllApps)
    * Launcher2: PagedView: Transition Effects Optimizations + Cleanup

Device
    * Crespo/4g: Update binary kernel
    * Crespo/4g: Data usage limit/reporting enabled

ps. i dont compile these, i just share them.

LATEST TRINITY KERNELS
    For the Nexus S & NS4G
    Get all the latest Trinity ICS kernels here at DerKernel http://www.derkernel.com/ics-crespo.php
    including an updated TEUV, T11, T132, and a T144 all with KSM, BLN, BLD, BIGMEM, and Voodoo Sound V10. Both anykernel version and CM9 ramdisk versions available for all :D
    Seems as though cm is doing little stupid things like this lately. Trying to force us to use their built in kernel? Why would they do this last little thing? I'm not a dev so I am trying to understand why they moved this stuff around other than to make it a pain for people to have to make a special kernel just for cm. Making me more and more look elsewhere for roms. Just wondering.

†††

Unfortunately some practices seem that way, so I'll plus one that.
    Now i put my serious cap on and say it's just rash decisions by a not controlled enough too large team.
    CM is not a one man show, things can get away, and "CM" is blamed when it might or might not be an individual's choices.

That said, these kernels will install on rascream and cm, cause that's how simple a fix they could have implemented, to allow old kernels to work, put out the word and once kernels are updated, you can remove it.

That's why i say "rash" decision, looks not thought out and in need of leadership approval.

Patches that had been used for months and had often supporting apps by the developers were intentionally broken under the cover of "wanting to avoid problems with third party apps", creating odd situations where kernel devs received questions to fix BLN since it is broken when the code was untouched kernel side.
    In essence CM trampled over things like BLN or voodoo sound creating problems for the devs, creating extra work for those devs (ok, in some cases this lead to new developments spurred by the infuriating situation)

Talks had been started to rectify the issue, things slowed back down, not dead, people do get busy, and bam something new silly happens, breaking compatibility to AOSP, your base, is dumb, hard to not make conclusions.

See what happened there? I said CM, sounds like i mean all of CM, doesn't it? Every individual? when it's not CM as a whole, there are tons of CM devs who are not the problem, it's the restructuring a project of that size needs that allows devs to "glitch" and make broad changes that have ill effects like the one just witnessed that i refer to as CM, the organization, not the capable individuals that bust their ass to provide something for the community to share.

Until this is rectified, it will appear to people like the little guy who stuck it to "The Man" by bringing roms and capabilities to phones that the manufacturers didn't even dream of has in fact become, in a grotesque turn of events, become "The Man"
    I have a custom gapps I've been using that has wallet enabled and does some other stuff...removes extra keyboards, music app, etc. I can make available if needed. I'm the one compiling the Euroskank Crespo 4G builds.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I believe I have mms fixed...look for a new build tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Which version? I did that too and nothing... v :confused: v

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Latest Trinity kernels have been fixed for moved module folder location since shortly after CM moved them, try one from Testing tab at www.derkernel.com click crespo, click testing, pick one of the recent ones, et voila!
    (Trinity will actually work on both new CM, old CM, aosp, Trinity is a Honeybadger, it doesn't care, it just doesn't give a ****, it just works.