[Solution] MUST-HAVE For X2 Users! Speed Tweaks & How to Disable "Slideview" & Panels

Search This thread

fire-warrior

Feb 10, 2010
sama
done the tricks and x2 is really fast now ... really thanks but is there any thing can be done to make camera video capture mode faster ??

abhishek.hitman

Jan 14, 2011
Wolverhampton
Any mods to Slideview & Panel Manager processes - Xperia X2?

Hi all,

I'm using most of the tips mentioned here but its sad that we have to give up slideview and panels which are unique to the Xperia X2 for performance. :( Slideview was never useless (mentioned somewhere in this thread), an XMB menu clone was always intuitive.

Isn't there any way that these two processes or cabs (i'm not sure), Slideview.exe and Panelmanager.exe be modified so that they don't hog the CPU and drain the battery? :rolleyes:

And you don't have to delete all that's mentioned in the first post. You can just rename them to something else. eg. My Device\Program File\PanelManager to My Device\Program File\PanelManager1. Same thing with the registry entries, HKLM\Init\Slideview.exe to HKLM\Init\Slideview.xee. (I guess that doesn't make any difference, does it? :confused: )

This is for getting back quickly, all that you don't like in case you feel the need for it. :)

All credits to royalbloodvi for finding out all tweaks and summing it in one place. :)

Advanced users can you please think of any methods to modify the cool stuff in X2 to make it work better instead of deleting them?

abhishek.hitman

Jan 14, 2011
Wolverhampton
i done everything in the first...all step to speed up x2..is great..but anyone know how can i get back my panels back? i need those tilewave back..how to retrieve it back??

I guess you can hard reset your device one again (press the button behind the stylus) and your X2 will start customization again giving back everything you lost during the process mentioned here.

You can also search in xda for your panels and install them separately. I'm a newbie so i can't post links in here. Sorry.

Seniors, please correct me if i am wrong. And a word of advice to you, read the post above and try renaming instead of deleting everything. Copy all the panels to your SD card the next time before deleting. It would be very easy for you to step back if you feel like. :)

abhishek.hitman

Jan 14, 2011
Wolverhampton
i done everything in the first...all step to speed up x2..is great..but anyone know how can i get back my panels back? i need those tilewave back..how to retrieve it back??

Hie :)

Have you got your panels back?

You can also do it the simple way. Just go to Settings>System>Phone Reset

Just type in the code, resetting process will begin and then the Customization would start. Just follow the steps it mentions during the process.

It'll bring back your phone to the original (factory) state. Backup everything in your phone before resetting.

Also make sure that your battery is 100% charged before doing this. Alternatively, you can connect your phone to the charger during the Customization process. Let me know if it worked for you. :)

Yulistana

Sep 14, 2010
Batam
Hmmm,,,i miss this one.
I tried since a couple of day,,,,well,,,better improvement performance,,,but the battery consumption didn't significant improved. But nice tutorial.
Without slideview, spb panel etc,,,hmmm,,,still adapting with MS today only.

Gladysng

Mar 19, 2012
Hi, am having a problem with my x2. My phone restarts itself every once in a while(about 1/2 days?), and if that isn't annoying enough, my deleted SMSes from January to 4th march came back, and my more recent messages got wiped out. Is there a way to solve this problem? Because it takes a long time to delete my SMSes (I have more than 10000 in total) so I really don't want them to come back.

dek@

May 15, 2012
Hi, am having a problem with my x2. My phone restarts itself every once in a while(about 1/2 days?), and if that isn't annoying enough, my deleted SMSes from January to 4th march came back, and my more recent messages got wiped out. Is there a way to solve this problem? Because it takes a long time to delete my SMSes (I have more than 10000 in total) so I really don't want them to come back.

Try to reinstall software.Maybe help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Solution] MUST-HAVE For X2 Users! Speed Tweaks & How to Disable "Slideview" & Panels

DISCLAIMER: This works for me 100%. I have noticed 200% - 300% longer lasting battery life, AND at least 3 - 4 times more responsiveness throughout the whole phone, you can even benchmark the difference between stock X2 and an X2 run with my solution. I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone!

I've read a lot, and done a lot on my X2 recently. From what I tested, black screen of death (when in standby mode) = DONT USE AUTO BACKLIGHT! Try this & see what happens.

Now, my X2 barely freezes or gets any lag at all, in fact, it is SMOOTH. Yes, you heard it, SMOOTH (even when scrolling through start menu).

Using the X2 as of now is a nightmare, but I've come up with a solution until MR2 comes out. And, lets hope MR2 really is for the best.

This solution is based on the standard WM today home screen. I haven't come across ANY problems at all.

One day, I came up with an idea. If I dont use tilewave, why do I have to keep it? Considering growing panel, pixel city panels caused lag to the phone, I decided to delete tilewave altogether and now my phone is significantly faster!

Standard WM today screen I think, is in fact I think its the best:
    Less battery drainage, simple, fast, efficient, no black screen of deaths.

This solution works BEST if you follow ALL STEPS BELOW:

1) Uninstall Growing Panel, Pixel City (Day & Night) | (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
    2) Uninstall all SPB shell and software. (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs)
    3) Start -> Settings -> Today -> Tick Date & Messaging (Or any other plug-in of your choice, less the better)
    4) Delete tilewave panel in (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
    5) Delete the other panels of your choice, I deleted everything except google panel (In case today panel for some reason crashes, I still got google panel to work with) | (File Explorer -> Program Files -> Panels)
    6) SKtools (Search SKtools on XDA forums search function) -> Tweak -> Optimise -> Tick Font cache size and TCP window size -> Action -> Performance -> Optimise -> Soft reset
    7) Advanced configuration tool (Search in XDA forums for the program / google it) -> Performances ->

ENABLED
    File system cache: 8MB
    File system cache size: 16384 sectors
    Glyph cache: 32kb

8) SKtools -> Category -> Clean up -> Go to EACH and EVERY option to delete bad registries, temp cache folders, bad uninstall info, etc. MAKE SURE clean up EACH option in clean-up. INCLUDING registry optimiser, do it!

9) To resolve the messaging lag: Search "SMS lag fix" in XDA forums to get rid of lag.

10) Disable Slideview: Delete the string "launch199" from HKLM\init (Use TotalCommander program, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea for this one!)

11) Disable Panel Manager (OPTIONAL): Delete ALL panels except MS_Today panel in programfiles\panels to disable panelmanager.exe

12) Disable XKeyhandler: SKtools-> Services-> Delete xkeyhandler. Step 2: Totalcommander-> HKLM -> init -> Delete Launch65

13) DONE! Soft-reset one last time, and FEEL the difference =)

This solution covers, as far as I know, the general basic operations and responsiveness of the entire windows mobile system for the X2 and/or other WM devices. I don't suffer any MR1 upgrade issues with this solution other than the "Storage card disappearing" issue, which everyone is having a problem with as well.

Disabling slideview is good option for those who think its totally useless (like me) and just causes the system to crash, and hogs A LOT of CPU resources and thus, lags the phone and also plays a role in causing the black screens. You will notice a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE in battery life and less bugs and crashes with this one!

Credits go to XDA-developers and their respective authors for the posts, you know who you are. All I've done is complile the information and made a solution for the X2 users out there.

UPDATE: To disable slideview, read step 10, credits to bazsikar & jerpelea =)
    UPDATE 2: To disable panel manager and panels, read step 11 & 12 =)

ALL THE STEPS COMBINED ABOVE WILL GIVE YOU A FAST, SMOOTH X2 WITH NO BLACK SCREEN OR CRASHES + 400% IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE (1 MONTH SO FAR, I HAVENT HAD A SINGLE CRASH OR BUG)

Feedback welcome, and please report if this works for you, because it worked for me 100% =)