Odin not finding my phone in download mode?

Search This thread

Fedelrick

Jul 5, 2012
Albany
I have a galaxy s2 4g i9210t. I had kies installed and Odin worked fine for all my other phones and read this phone fine when in recovery mode or normal mode, but when I boot it into download mode Odin doesn't detect it and I get an error say failed to Install Samsung USB Cdc device driver. So my first instinct was to reinstall kies, that failed so I tried just installing the drivers on their own, that also failed. I then tried it all on another computer, that failed. I've also tried 5 different cables all of which work for my other phones. Can anyone help?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using xda premium

AJ88

Dec 30, 2011
mahuva
First you have to manage to install drivers...
Until you can not install drivers successfully it will not detect your device..
Are you using window 7?
Because it automatically detects and installs drivers.

we all should be polite enough to press thanks for anyone who helped US.

Fedelrick

Jul 5, 2012
Albany
No go on compatibility mode. I don't think it's a problem with Odin reading it I think it's a problem with windows installing the drivers as I get the failed to installs driver error every time.

rainbow9

Aug 30, 2012
maybe you can change another usb. i also experienced odin problem before. after i changed another usb the problem was gone...

sorry for my english...

txpigkiller

Jan 27, 2012
Gatesville
download mode

You need to get your phones USB system drivers installed or it is not going to find your phone no matter how many cables you use. You need to get the drivers that are there off and get a good clean install done. Find the right drivers "Samsung" windows for your flavor OS and install them on the computer. It should work fine then.

- txpigkiller -

Fedelrick

Jul 5, 2012
Albany
Wow. So uninstalled kies again restarted, reinstalled. Now whenever I plug my phone in whilst in download mode it blue screens my.computer after 3 mins of trying to installs the driver. Wtf

tlawiv

Aug 9, 2012
Fort Wayne
Wow. So uninstalled kies again restarted, reinstalled. Now whenever I plug my phone in whilst in download mode it blue screens my.computer after 3 mins of trying to installs the driver. Wtf

Do you have acces to another pc My pc would never work with odin. I had to use my wife. I never figured out what the issues was but try different pc if possible.

Fedelrick

Jul 5, 2012
Albany
No go. I even tried to do it on a friends PC who just flashed his s2 perfectly and it still says failed to installs driver. (at least it didn't blue screen his PC!!)... This has made me think that it may be an issue with the phone itself

Fedelrick

Jul 5, 2012
Albany
I had my phone in download mode and tried it in 2 USB Ports. That's the errors I get. I then restarted it into normal mode and you can see all the drivers installing fine. Also when turned off my computer says that the device has malfunctioned??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347189019446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347189019446.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,096

fawwaz102

May 6, 2014
Why odin never detect my ace+ in any mode???

hi, i'm new to this forum and i'm realy want to root my ace+ but odin never detect it. What should i do? and i'm still just a junior high school student and know nothing about all this i just wanna get my phone rooted! so please explain it specificly i promise that i would thank anyone that explain me. oh, one more thing, i'm from indonesia and i'm not good in english

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I had my phone in download mode and tried it in 2 USB Ports. That's the errors I get. I then restarted it into normal mode and you can see all the drivers installing fine. Also when turned off my computer says that the device has malfunctioned??

UNINSTALL KIES completely. Don't reinstall it! Use this DRIVERS.

Happy flashing ;)

Merith

Apr 15, 2014
Berlin
I got the same problem yesterday. I want to flash a CustomROM but Odin will not find my Galaxy S3. I had no Kies installed and had try every USB-Port I had, nothing work. Anyone has a idea for me to get Odin working for my S3?

Merith

Apr 15, 2014
Berlin
Odin 3.09 with Windows 8.1 Update 1. USB driver are correct because I can access the memory of my S3. Only Odin won't worum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First you have to manage to install drivers...
    Until you can not install drivers successfully it will not detect your device..
    Are you using window 7?
    Because it automatically detects and installs drivers.

we all should be polite enough to press thanks for anyone who helped US.

UNINSTALL KIES completely. Don't reinstall it! Use this DRIVERS.

Happy flashing ;)
    Use a USB 2.0 port and check your device manager (enable "show all devices") for any unknown devices ;)

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)
    Already tested and got the same result :/
    I had uninstalled the native USB driver from Windows and the driver for my S3, reboot the computer and reinstalled the USB Driver. After this nothing changed. Same behaviour on a computer of a friend of mine. Currently I have the impression that rather something does not work properly on my smartphone.
    I was same problem, but I installed this driver, and the problem is solved, and the root was succesful.

I found the driver at this youtube video description:
    HTML:
    youtube.com/watch?v=jgsaf8xeMI4

I have galaxy S4 and this driver worked.