How to get around knox to use a custom rom?

Search This thread
I must be googling backwards and using search improperly or this whole knox thing is designed to encrypt my brain with samsung/verizon bloatware that wont load cause i use adaway but i need some help with this knox thing. I updated to a knox enabled firmware and then tried to odin a recovery and got the whole bring your phone to verizon message, figured my way out of that and can't seem to flash a recovery without borking something sideways so... what i need to know is how do i get a custom rom like aosp to work with a stock kernel or what. i know i can't touch the recovery or the kernel is TW stuck on this device for life or is there a way? I'm on the mini so I need to know how it was done for anyone who has succeeded with any device figured these devices are similar in some type being typical gundam samsung style. wwt? idk.. but please illuminate this dark path with some insight/help/instructions..

Thanks in advance!

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I must be googling backwards and using search improperly or this whole knox thing is designed to encrypt my brain with samsung/verizon bloatware that wont load cause i use adaway but i need some help with this knox thing. I updated to a knox enabled firmware and then tried to odin a recovery and got the whole bring your phone to verizon message, figured my way out of that and can't seem to flash a recovery without borking something sideways so... what i need to know is how do i get a custom rom like aosp to work with a stock kernel or what. i know i can't touch the recovery or the kernel is TW stuck on this device for life or is there a way? I'm on the mini so I need to know how it was done for anyone who has succeeded with any device figured these devices are similar in some type being typical gundam samsung style. wwt? idk.. but please illuminate this dark path with some insight/help/instructions..

Thanks in advance!

better do some reading.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

better do some reading.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501
    perhaps putting the title of your thread in BOLD or RED ..........lol