[Q] In dire need of help, stuck with no ROM on phone :(

Search This thread

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
Hello all,

as the title says, I'm stuck in TWRP recovery after wiping my rom to revert to stock... then realising that the recovery doesn't recognise the image as it's a .tgz file.

I've tried to ADB into it, but no such luck, I just get error: device not found.

Does anyone know a way I can fix this?

I've also tried the adb sideload feature of TWRP to no avail.

Thanks in advanced guys.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Go to bootloader and run "fastboot devices" and see whether your device gets detected or not? If it does, then flash the factory images. System and boot img files would do the job.

If it doesn't then you need to fix the adb, fastboot issues first. Follow these threads:
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/diagnosing-usb-driver-adb-issues-windows-t2514396
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/adb-fb-apx-driver-universal-naked-t2513339

If you have an OTG cable with you, you can directly flash the rom from a usb stick!

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
Flash the factory image through fastboot. Download and run flash-all.bat (something along those lines)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

'fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

Also, i'm trying this from the PC just to be clear, as I can't boot my phone lol.

soon as i run flash-all.bat i get the error i put on the first line :(

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
'fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

Also, i'm trying this from the PC just to be clear, as I can't boot my phone lol.

You havent got fastboot installed.

Go to teh link in my signature.... Then go to section 1b, 1

Reactions: Dixi1801

paztine

Apr 15, 2012
City of Freeway
Google Pixel 8 Pro
usb/otg

Hello all,

as the title says, I'm stuck in TWRP recovery after wiping my rom to revert to stock... then realising that the recovery doesn't recognise the image as it's a .tgz file.

I've tried to ADB into it, but no such luck, I just get error: device not found.

Thanks in advanced guys.[/QUOT

Download any compatible rom to a usb/otg..mount from TRWP and your good to go..Happens to me once..Just download any compatible roms just to bring up your phone..

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...

remove all old drivers and restart
install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269&__utma=248941774.1031819907.1403635167.1403781687.1403790944.7&__utmb=248941774.1.10.1403790944&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1403790944.7.7.utmcsr=google|utmccn=%28organic%29|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=%28not%20provided%29&__utmv=-&__utmk=239174656

place the android sdk windows file attached here in c: drive

now start cmd prompt and type
Code:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
now proceed with fastboot command in this order
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/bootloader.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/radio.img
fastboot flash system C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/system.img
fastboot flash userdata C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/userdata.img 
fastboot flash boot C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/boot.img
fastboot flash recovery C:/hammerhead-ktu84m/recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
note:remember to extract the factory stock image till u see these files attached and place it in C: drive and yes the built name should be same as yours of 4.4.4 then KTU84P inplace of ktu84m

Attachments

• android-sdk-windows.7z
    761.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=239174656

Code:
Code:
fastboot erase cache
note:remember to extract the factory stock image till u see these files attached and place it in C: drive and yes the built name should be same as yours of 4.4.4 then KTU84P inplace of ktu84m

Too Long. 15 second installer is the best way to get adb and fastboot. See previous post

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Too Long. 15 second installer is the best way to get adb and fastboot. See previous post

was unable to find link to 15 second installer as what i remember was the minimal adb and fastboot and both works great and flash-all.bat script does not work evrytime so just wanted the guy to be sure the he type the commands in right direction instead getting error cant find and stuff

Last edited:

Dixi1801

Jul 18, 2011
South Yorksire
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for the help guys.

RootSU, you saved me haha, was sat at work stressing trying to sort the mess I made out!

I'm all stock now... But the screen keeps going off because of the proximity sensor haha -_-

Thanks again though. Can always count on a Yorkshireman :p

Reactions: danarama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You havent got fastboot installed.

Go to teh link in my signature.... Then go to section 1b, 1
    usb/otg

Hello all,

Thanks in advanced guys.[/QUOT

Download any compatible rom to a usb/otg..mount from TRWP and your good to go..Happens to me once..Just download any compatible roms just to bring up your phone..

install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269&__utma=248941774.1031819907.1403635167.1403781687.1403790944.7&__utmb=248941774.1.10.1403790944&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1403790944.7.7.utmcsr=google|utmccn=%28organic%29|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=%28not%20provided%29&__utmv=-&__utmk=239174656

Code:
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=239174656

Code:
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache

was unable to find link to 15 second installer as what i remember was the minimal adb and fastboot and both works great and flash-all.bat script does not work evrytime so just wanted the guy to be sure the he type the commands in right direction instead getting error cant find and stuff