Screen went dead, everything else works including touch. how can I extract the apps?

Search This thread

mike2016

Aug 20, 2011
Had a little accident at home yesterday, my HTC one dropped face down and caused the screen to go dark.
The glass is fine, cosmetically it had no damage. The screen only displays a thin line on the side now.

I still have controls and touch, all buttons work and the phone still functions. I just can't see what I am doing on the phone.
I was never prepared for a disaster like this

Already went and bought a new M8 HTC One, now I am struggling to find a solution to transfer my files over. especially my WeChat/Whatsapp/Viber apps, i have a lot of conversations in those that need to be saved.

Any suggestions on how I can extract the apps and other files?

The old broken M7 was rooted / custom recovery / no password lockscreen

New M8 is brand new Verizon not rooted yet

Any help is greatly appreciated!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Had a little accident at home yesterday, my HTC one dropped face down and caused the screen to go dark.
The glass is fine, cosmetically it had no damage. The screen only displays a thin line on the side now.

I still have controls and touch, all buttons work and the phone still functions. I just can't see what I am doing on the phone.
I was never prepared for a disaster like this

Already went and bought a new M8 HTC One, now I am struggling to find a solution to transfer my files over. especially my WeChat/Whatsapp/Viber apps, i have a lot of conversations in those that need to be saved.

Any suggestions on how I can extract the apps and other files?

The old broken M7 was rooted / custom recovery / no password lockscreen

New M8 is brand new Verizon not rooted yet

Any help is greatly appreciated!

you can use adb pull from recovery to backup your data
Code:
adb pull <remote> <local>

i.e:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb pull /sdcard/ C:\Backup

this will copy all your sdcard files in a Backup folder on your C:\ drive of your computer.

mike2016

Aug 20, 2011
you can use adb pull from recovery to backup your data
Code:
adb pull <remote> <local>

i.e:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
adb pull /sdcard/ C:\Backup

this will copy all your sdcard files in a Backup folder on your C:\ drive of your computer.

any easier way to backup just photos? I gave up the apps.

not really familiar with adb commands....

thanks a bunch!

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Plug your phone into a pc. You should be able to copy over anything from the sd card

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Photos are in DCIM folder

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts