[ROM][Nightlies][03-02-2012]CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

Search This thread

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
i brought in some more touchscreen changes, if you want to test to see if that dim screen issue is completely gone.

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/boot.tar.md5

flash with odin.

Linux localhost 2.6.36.4-cyanogenmod+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 23 20:16:56 EDT 201
2 armv7l GNU/Linux
Hey Pershoot,

First of all, thanks for the great work you're doing for our Tabs.

I'm on your CM9 builds now since about three weeks without any issues. I'm not a gamer usually but over the weekend I got hooked on freaking Temple Run which I played on my phone and on my Kindle Fire running CM9 + 3.0 kernel, where it works great.

However, on your builds the touchscreen is behaving badly and the game unfortunately is not playable. I tried some touch screen tuner apps without success. Any chance these touchscreen changes will help with this game? I'll flash and test your new kernel as soon as I figure out how to flash a boot image in odin :)

EDIT: I might as well ask here ... do I flash I boot image the same way I flash recovery by clicking pda and then selecting the boot.tar.md5?

Thanks

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Flash that and see if the response is better in the game. If not, then try touchscreen tune (while on that same kernel) to further modify to your liking.

Reactions: twa_priv

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Thanks pershoot.

I hope this is not too much of a noob question but do I flash the boot image the same way I flash recovery in odin by clicking pda and then selecting the boot.tar.md5 ?

the same way you flash recovery through odin.

then run adb shell uname -a to ensure your on it (i pasted what the output should be above).

Reactions: twa_priv

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
the same way you flash recovery through odin.

then run adb shell uname -a to ensure your on it (i pasted what the output should be above).

be aware, if you flash that, youll get a triangle a boot. this is to signify that you arent using what it thinks is samsung's stock kernel.

its ok, you can remove it from flashing stock hc 3.1/3.2 odin if you ever needed to.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
be aware, if you flash that, youll get a triangle a boot. this is to signify that you arent using what it thinks is samsung's stock kernel.

its ok, you can remove it from flashing stock hc 3.1/3.2 odin if you ever needed to.

you know what let me remove it and just put boot.img in there.

what you can do is swap boot.img using 7zip, in the romzip, then flash in cwm.

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
you know what let me remove it and just put boot.img in there.

what you can do is swap boot.img using 7zip, in the romzip, then flash in cwm.
Well ... too late I guess, I should have waited a little :). Already flashed it using odin - and i see the triangle now. To remove it I have to flash stock ... that sucks. I guess I'll live with it for a while until I'm bored and start over...

However, I can confirm that your latest kernel fixes the touch screen issues with temple run. Thanks!

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Well ... too late I guess, I should have waited a little :). Already flashed it using odin - and i see the triangle now. To remove it I have to flash stock ... that sucks. I guess I'll live with it for a while until I'm bored and start over...

However, I can confirm that your latest kernel fixes the touch screen issues with temple run. Thanks!

going to update once more. want to amend one thing. will reply once done.

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
i brought in some more touchscreen changes, if you want to test to see if that dim screen issue is completely gone.

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/boot.tar.md5

flash with odin.

Linux localhost 2.6.36.4-cyanogenmod+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 23 20:16:56 EDT 201
2 armv7l GNU/Linux

of course i don't bring my USB cable today :)

when i started before, i wiped everything then flashed 4/18, then saw your 4/19 SNAPSHOT and flashed that over the top. didn't restore any backed-up apps or data, other than what the market auto-downloaded after initially signing on. i'll disable that this time around for more testing.

i noticed CM9 has a new 4/22 gapps, ok to flash that tonight instead of 3/17?

thanks again for your help!

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
of course i don't bring my USB cable today :)

when i started before, i wiped everything then flashed 4/18, then saw your 4/19 SNAPSHOT and flashed that over the top. didn't restore any backed-up apps or data, other than what the market auto-downloaded after initially signing on. i'll disable that this time around for more testing.

i noticed CM9 has a new 4/22 gapps, ok to flash that tonight instead of 3/17?

thanks again for your help!
Yes, gapps-ics-20120422 works fine.

PaintDrinkingPete

May 9, 2011
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

I've never experienced this at all. Currently on 421 I believe (don't have tab in front of me). Wifi always seems to stay connected....

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).

Now this I have experienced. Mine doesn't really reboot, but rather just shuts down completely requiring a long press of power button to turn back on again. I've also had the endless boot animation loop as well, but only once that I'm aware of.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
lol. i tried downloading both your new links, and neither was found. i'm ready to install your test and wipe my tablet, and install CM 4/23 and 4/22 gapps. let me know if i can help you out.

those are null.

i posted a 0425 kernel update for ICS. you can flash that.

after some testing, it will be submitted for review in to CM.

Reactions: mcgoo99

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
you do not need to wipe anything when flashing a kernel. that could cause other issues.

just flash.

oh? i've been flashing kernels for a couple years now using this method, have i been doing it wrong?

been running your test kernel for ~5 hours now without any issue. will report back tomorrow. thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image11.png

Source: AndroidPolice

Download ROM::: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p4wifi

Download Gapps:: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip

Fix error when installing on CWM

1- man needs to install is the "updater-script" located in "META-INF \ com \ google \ android" and delete the first line of code! open the file using Notepad + +

---- assert (GetProp ("ro.product.device") == "p4wifi" | | GetProp ("ro.build.product") == "p4wifi"); ----

2- then save the file!

3- then return to the root folder of the entire room and compressed "ZIP" using winrar!

4- then copy to SD of the tablet and then install from CWM 5.0.2.7
    im nearing completion of p4wifi (cm9 stable rls project, hehe). this will have all working. will call upon a few of you to test when im almost there.

'should' have a test out maybe by end of wknd, beginning of next week.

the other tabs will follow once this is done.
    Nothing wrong with where this thread is. Any ROM thread belongs in the development forum as it would have obviously been developed outside of the normal scope of this piece of hardware. Topics within the normal, or general, scope of this piece of hardware belong in the general forum area. And whether or not the OP is an "official CM member" is completely beside the point and has nothing at all to do with it. Been plenty of other instances where members have started threads in this forum about ROMS for which they are not the developer.

there is a couple problems i have with this thread. its just a link to an already used forum to download from. it has no instructions for new guys (or others in general). no gapps link (everyone would appreciate it im sure). there is no support in this thread from the OP. I had to come and fix the download in order for the general public to be able to flash. in my own opinion, this thread shouldn't have even been started by the OP if no support can be given by him.
    ill just keep posting this so everyone knows where to get it i guess. thanks OP. :mad:

here is a flashable version of the NIGHTLY.

FLASH IN CWM!!!
    cooltext654154821.png

http://goo-inside.me/devs/task650/Galaxy_Tab_10.1/update-cm-9-20120302-SNAPSHOT-p4wifi-signed.zip