Difficulties with towelroot...

Search This thread

RaphaelBEN

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,
I'm completely new to the root world...
I tried to install towelroot V2 on my Galaxy Note 3 which runs the Kernel 3.4.0-636608.
I rooted it, root checker said all ok, but after installing SuperSU, updating binaries and rebooting the device, root checker says it's not rooted...
Now it's worst, Wifi is turning 100% even when turned off, and sometimes the screen of my phone stays black, even if I push the buttons, in that case I need to remove the battery and to reboot the phone...
Any solution ?
Again I'm a newbie, I don't even know how to restore the phone or to do a reset, so please help me...
Thanks in advance

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi,
I'm completely new to the root world...
I tried to install towelroot V2 on my Galaxy Note 3 which runs the Kernel 3.4.0-636608.
I rooted it, root checker said all ok, but after installing SuperSU, updating binaries and rebooting the device, root checker says it's not rooted...
Now it's worst, Wifi is turning 100% even when turned off, and sometimes the screen of my phone stays black, even if I push the buttons, in that case I need to remove the battery and to reboot the phone...
Any solution ?
Again I'm a newbie, I don't even know how to restore the phone or to do a reset, so please help me...
Thanks in advance

Hi.
To reset yr phone, turn off yr device first.
Then, press and hold power button, home button and volume up button at the same time.
In a few seconds, u will see a recovery options.
In there, scroll down using volume down button and click factory reset/wipe data using the power button.
Then, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache.
Once u done all that, reboot yr device.
U may need to towelroot yr device again if it lost root.
Hope this will help u..

Cheers..

RaphaelBEN

Jun 22, 2014
Hi.
To reset yr phone, turn off yr device first.
Then, press and hold power button, home button and volume up button at the same time.
In a few seconds, u will see a recovery options.
In there, scroll down using volume down button and click factory reset/wipe data using the power button.
Then, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache.
Once u done all that, reboot yr device.
U may need to towelroot yr device again if it lost root.
Hope this will help u..

Cheers..

Thank you very much for your answer.
Do you think there is any solution to avoid this freeze that happen instead of clear all the datas ? Because I didn't save my phone, and I don't even know how to save everything so that I just have to plug it back to my computer to restore everything (I am a former user of an iPhone...)
Thanks for your help ! ;)

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thank you very much for your answer.
Do you think there is any solution to avoid this freeze that happen instead of clear all the datas ? Because I didn't save my phone, and I don't even know how to save everything so that I just have to plug it back to my computer to restore everything (I am a former user of an iPhone...)
Thanks for your help ! ;)

Since u are new to android, let's do the hard way...;)

Another thing is, after u installed SuperSU, have u allowed root checker to gain permission from SuperSU?
There are few members complained of wifi 100% in here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783954&page=23.
For me, I don't have this problem so far.

RaphaelBEN

Jun 22, 2014
Since u are new to android, let's do the hard way...;)

Another thing is, after u installed SuperSU, have u allowed root checker to gain permission from SuperSU?
There are few members complained of wifi 100% in here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783954&page=23.
For me, I don't have this problem so far.

Nope, any application never asked me for SuperSU permission, not even adblock...
But Root checker was saying that the check appeared to be very slow...
How about saving all the datas ?

Last edited:

RaphaelBEN

Jun 22, 2014
u have to let SuperSU grant permission on all root apps, mate.
if not, the rooted apps will not work..
saving datas??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's ok now, I just did a hard reset on my phone...
I know I had to grant SuperSU permission but it wasn't asking for...
Anyway, problem solved but I lost a few of my data...
Thanks for your help guys !

Mouzai

Jun 23, 2014
Unable to root

Hi~

I'm new to rooting too. SM-N9005 running on 4.4.2 & kernel 3.4.0-1703205 here. Tried to root my note 3 with towelroot V2 but failed. After pushing the "make it ra1n" button, it says "you should have root, no reboot required." However I checked with rootchecker app from playstore, and it says that I do not have root access. Therefore I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1) Is rootchecker app from playstore reliable & accurate in telling whether or not a device has root access? Or are there other ways to check whether a device is rooted?
2) Does having root access means you can download any paid apps for free?
3) After rooting my note 3, can I update from 4.4.2 onwards? What will happen if I were to update my rooted device?
4) Does having Aptoide & apps downloaded through it hinder or affect the rooting process?

Please help and Thank you.

maanz "L"

Sep 12, 2010
singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi~

I'm new to rooting too. SM-N9005 running on 4.4.2 & kernel 3.4.0-1703205 here. Tried to root my note 3 with towelroot V2 but failed. After pushing the "make it ra1n" button, it says "you should have root, no reboot required." However I checked with rootchecker app from playstore, and it says that I do not have root access. Therefore I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help me with.

1) Is rootchecker app from playstore reliable & accurate in telling whether or not a device has root access? Or are there other ways to check whether a device is rooted?
2) Does having root access means you can download any paid apps for free?
3) After rooting my note 3, can I update from 4.4.2 onwards? What will happen if I were to update my rooted device?
4) Does having Aptoide & apps downloaded through it hinder or affect the rooting process?

Please help and Thank you.

Hi.
are u using the newest and latest firmware update? I'm not sure whether it will work with towelroot v2. AFAIK, towelroot will work for firmwares before June release. need to read up here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783954&page=23

1) rootchecker app is reliable as lots of people used it. there should have other apps on playstore to check for root.
2) no, paid apps is paid apps. rooting yr device means u are able to "get inside or hack yr phone's system" and u can make adjustments or "mods" to system files (for developer level).
3) u can update new firmwares, but u will lose root and towelroot may not be able to support unless geohort (towelroot dev) updates it.
4) u can install any app u like, it will not hinder yr rooted device.

Cheers..

Mouzai

Jun 23, 2014
Hi~

Thanks a lot for your reply & helpful answers! Anyway after granting access of rootchecker from superSU, it says I do have root access. However I can't tell the difference... hahaha. So lets assume my device is rooted, may I know how can I delete all those useless & space consuming built-in apps of my note 3 during purchase?