[ROM][4/15/2011][DEV] DZ/G2 Sensation Sense 3.0 Port *Not For General Use*

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This is a port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Sensation (new Sense 3.0 device), for the G2/DZ. I have to emphasize, this ROM is far from usable and is largely intended for consumption by other developers. The reason is that the Sensation is a qHD device (960x540 resolution), where our G2/DZs are WVGA. All the alignment is off to the point where key UI elements are frequently off the screen.

Notes about the changes:

- Full wipe of data is REQUIRED prior installing the ROM.
- /system/app relocated to /data/system.app and symlinked back (to make it fit).
- Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)
- Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
- Added my modded Superuser.
- Removed HTC's Lockscreen (you simply cannot unlock with it in place).

Again, substantial work will be required to make this usable. Please do not download it unless you intend to: a) just tinker with it for fun, b) to start working on adjusting the images and layout for our resolution.

Download Here
(MD5: 94f21ac4d4f90360c914559c18322748)​

Last edited:
C

Cimer

Although this is highly unusable I love that you have ported it to the G2! Best of luck fixing issues!

DroidHead

May 19, 2009
Tampa, Fl
They have it (alpha) on the Desire HD ... I posted the link in the Sensation Dev thread.

If that is WVGA, isn't there a way to pull their resolution and use it for the Vision?

Crey23

Oct 7, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale Florida
First off...Dude thanks for jumping on this so soon....I think the Sensation is the only thing in the market out or coming out, that would make me even consider dropping my G2. It seems like a sweet piece of hardware, and that Sense ROM looks awesome! (and I am not a big sense fan, yet!)

This is a port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Sensation (new Sense 3.0 device), for the G2/DZ. I have to emphasize, this ROM is far from usable and is largely intended for consumption by other developers. The reason is that the Sensation is a qHD device (960x540 resolution), where our G2/DZs are WVGA....

Wold LCD Density have anything to do with this....LCD Density is akin to resolution on a reg monitor, so could you modify LCD to get more "surface area"?

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Wold LCD Density have anything to do with this....LCD Density is akin to resolution on a reg monitor, so could you modify LCD to get more "surface area"?

Unfortunately no, the density doesn't help at all. That's the first thing I tried after booting the ROM.

DanWilson

Oct 8, 2010
Glasgow
Fudge the UI shimone, imma flash this muthabuzza right this fuzzin minute!!

After it downloads of course. =(

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

enserio

Oct 26, 2010
California
We got some of the best and highly dedicated devs in this here G2 forum. This dude rmk is all over any sense ruu that's leaked. Awesome job, all I could do is hit thanks and rate 5 star.

arodhr13

Jun 29, 2010
We got some of the best and highly dedicated devs in this here G2 forum. This dude rmk is all over any sense ruu that's leaked. Awesome job, all I could do is hit thanks and rate 5 star.
Thanks guys for all your hard work please keep us informed we all like to hear about the details also. Thanks rmk40 and the rest of the Devs thanks.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
Rmk, does the lockscreen not work because of the qhd? You're a great dev man. Can we expect some future updates with this?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

MishXT

Jan 15, 2011
Bradford
just tried it out now and i got to say what a f*cking rom this is going to be!!!!

i so cannot wait for this rom to be fully functional, keep up the awesome work, the carousel is awesome i have to say, so far everything about it is awesome, yes there are a lot of issues that need to be fixed but im sure the best devs for g2/desire z will overcome them :)

MishXT

Jan 15, 2011
Bradford
Rmk, does the lockscreen not work because of the qhd? You're a great dev man. Can we expect some future updates with this?

the lock screen is the sliding tab i was hoping it was the original sensation lock screen but hey its only the first port i can wait, but the cool thing is that once u unlock it, it does the carousel spin and goes to the homescreen, its cool :)

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Rmk you are awesome I can't believe how fast you have jumped on this. Just want to say thank you and cannot wait to see what comes of this!

Last edited:

SmartBrother90

Nov 1, 2008
i must say this has to be one of the best first ports of a rom..majority of the things are working its not sluggish..only real issue is that resolution issue..great job

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Sensation (new Sense 3.0 device), for the G2/DZ. I have to emphasize, this ROM is far from usable and is largely intended for consumption by other developers. The reason is that the Sensation is a qHD device (960x540 resolution), where our G2/DZs are WVGA. All the alignment is off to the point where key UI elements are frequently off the screen.

Notes about the changes:

- Full wipe of data is REQUIRED prior installing the ROM.
    - /system/app relocated to /data/system.app and symlinked back (to make it fit).
    - Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)
    - Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
    - Added my modded Superuser.
    - Removed HTC's Lockscreen (you simply cannot unlock with it in place).

Again, substantial work will be required to make this usable. Please do not download it unless you intend to: a) just tinker with it for fun, b) to start working on adjusting the images and layout for our resolution.

Download Here
    (MD5: 94f21ac4d4f90360c914559c18322748)​
    Thanks for all the complements. It wasn't terribly difficult to pull off the port, just frustrating at times and generally time consuming.

From all the research I've done thus far, adapting the resolution is non-trivial. I haven't had time to look at it much yet myself, so I'll add more when I understand what's actually involved to pull it off.

The good news is that there are several ways we get a working ROM. If anyone for any community (such as the DHD) manage to resize everything, we can incorporate it easy. Similarly, if any other HTC leaks with Sense 3.0 come out, which are destined for WVGA phones, we can pull those over.
    All eyes on the DHD thread for sense 3.0. It seems as though there is some progress being made slowly.

We're all working together actually. There are about a dozen people contributing and we're collaborating in the #virtuousrom channel on Freenode. So, while there isn't a lot of activity in this thread, there's a lot of work being done to figure this out.
    Video of the ROM in action for you people wondering how it looks but don't want to download the file.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g01sEWLcYdk&t=4m57s
    Reserved for future use.