Just Got OTA

Search This thread

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
I'm on the JB leak. I'd love to have the update zip file. Are you going to post it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
I can tell you this much.. After update I can't restore root with voodoo ota rootkeeper:(

*pull your pants up and throw away your fake chain*

B

b.o.n.s

Sounds very good. I hope Europe is getting the OTA soon!
Thank you for your information.

snowrider0985

Nov 8, 2010
Pleasant Grove
Ya i updated and i was also running the jb leak from Christmas and i was able to keep root. But google now won't update

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

overclockxp

Jul 23, 2010
I just saw this pop up on my device as well. I declined as I am rooted. I better text my wife to cancel hers as well. I'll try saving root with Voodoo and d/l the update. Wish me luck!

Jun 5, 2008
I have the Christmas jelly bean leak installed on my device (Not rooted). Could anyone share if their google services are working if your configuration was like mine?
Thanks

gridironbear

Aug 19, 2010
Here's what the update entails

Motorola's own changelog*for the Android 4.1.2 update confirms something surprising: Custom software features are being replaced by stock Google apps -- or are being removed altogether.

Consider:

Removed apps: Social Location, MOTOACTV, MOTOPRINT and Verizon Video on Demand are history. Kaput. Alarm and Timer are being replaced by the stock Google Clock app.
Removed widgets: Gone are the My Gallery, My MOTOCAST, My Music, Picture Slideshow, Social Location, Sticky Note, Weather and World Clock widgets. Gone. Kaput.
MOTOCAST has been decoupled from MyMusic, Files and the Gallery apps and is now standalone on the phone. (It's also been redesigned and is faster, Moto says.)
My Gallery and My Music have been replaced with their corresponding Google apps.

Reactions: V1TRU

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
I just saw this pop up on my device as well. I declined as I am rooted. I better text my wife to cancel hers as well. I'll try saving root with Voodoo and d/l the update. Wish me luck!

I temp unrooted with voodoo and can't reestablish. Says no binary installed. Damn

*pull your pants up and throw away your fake chain*

Top Liked Posts