[ROM] Camera patch for CM9 official nightlies & UNOFFICIAL CM9 with working camera

Search This thread

_Dorregaray_

Sep 21, 2012
Katowice
tomasz.rostanski.pl
[ROM] Camera patch for CM9 official nightlies & UNOFFICIAL CM9 with working camera

The camera update for CM9 nightlies

Download link:
Starting from 20121217 official nightly no patches are needed.

Camera update for official nightly 20121209-20121216:
http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/cmtouchpad/update-cm9-20121209-camera-fix.zip

Camera update for official nightly 20121118 - 20121202:
http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/cmtou...-tenderloin-camera-preview15-for-official.zip

What is working:
- preview
- taking pictures
- video recording
Known issues:
- preview aspect ratio

Reporting issues:
- if you're running nightly older than 20121118 upgrade it to the latest one
- don't report issues with apps other than stock Camera and Skype
- yes, I know, the preview aspect ratio is wrong
- provide the date of the nightly you are using
- provide information if camera works under Web-OS
- please provide the system log (logcat) from system start and camera app start

Changelog:
preview1
first release, taking pictures work, skype does not work, reboot required after closing the camera app to be able to take pictures again, blue screen

preview2
skype works, no reboot required after closing camera app, blue screen, regression stock camera app may not take pictures

preview3
fixed stock camera app in preview2

preview4
stock camera app controls fixed, broken skype

preview5
fixed skype broken in preview4

preview6
fixed video recording

preview7
added EXIF tag with date & time to the pictures
updated audio & video drivers, updated nfs kernel modules,
added touch pressure patch and magnetometer fix

preview8
preview rotation fixed in stock Camera app

preview9
recording resolution is 640x480 now

preview10
now we have libcamera built from source

preview11
no more 3:1 memory split, now as update for official nightly

preview12
no more blue screen

preview13
potential segfaults fixed

preview15
freeze & reboot issue fixed

Sources:
https://github.com/Dorregaray

If you like my job you can donate me

Last edited:

blckngldhwk

Jan 14, 2011
Wait what!?

I don't know why I continue to be amazed by the development community but wow...thanks for doing the unthinkable!

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
So here's what has happened so far, flashed over the latest cm9 unofficial. Which what I run. First boot blue screen, second boot camera displays my face but won't take picture, close camera, open camera...cannot connect to camera.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

I installed camera ICS, rebooted, waited for the SD card to stop checking for errors(just like with any OS starting you need to give it a breather) and so far the camera takes pictures perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: boony123

aashishlive

Feb 13, 2011
Congrats and Thanks _Dorregaray_: What a HaRd WoRkeR!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot _Dorregaray_ , have been following your efforts on rootzwiki.... And i am very glad to see the time u have spent on this driver and its integration has finally worked out.. Thumbs UP...
Installed it yesterday itself, and it does exactly wat u have mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!

and one more request kindly someone post this also in Android development thread :good:

Last edited:

BuffMcBigHuge

May 31, 2012
Canada
An issue I dealt with:

I had the trebuchet_fix.zip installed and set to 7x8, and after installing the camera fix, I noticed that my bottom row of icons disappeared. I checked out the launcher homescreen settings, and realized that it was set to 7x7 and I was unable to edit these values.

I simply reinstalled the trebuchet_fix again to get my column and row functionality back. I'm not sure why the camera fix edited these values, possibly due to the sizing of the camera image in the app, but I don't see the correlation.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
An issue I dealt with:

I had the trebuchet_fix.zip installed and set to 7x8, and after installing the camera fix, I noticed that my bottom row of icons disappeared. I checked out the launcher homescreen settings, and realized that it was set to 7x7 and I was unable to edit these values.

I simply reinstalled the trebuchet_fix again to get my column and row functionality back. I'm not sure why the camera fix edited these values, possibly due to the sizing of the camera image in the app, but I don't see the correlation.

Very odd, I don't see why it would do that. Maybe make the permission for trebuchet rx rx rx?and then try flashing the unofficial cm9 w/camera over the Rom you're using.

All I did when I tried this was flash the Rom over the original cm9 and saw no issues besides what is listed in the op.

_Dorregaray_

Sep 21, 2012
Katowice
tomasz.rostanski.pl
curious, did you have to build a driver from scratch?

I tried to build the libcamera from sources but I was missing some proprietary headers to make it compiling and both Qualcomm and Code Aurora Forum didn't even answered my questions so I had to use the binary driver and do some tricks in kernel driver and ICS wrapper to workaround problems and make it working

_Dorregaray_

Sep 21, 2012
Katowice
tomasz.rostanski.pl
An issue I dealt with:

The trebuchet_fix.zip overwrites some values in Trebuchet app. When you have installed my ROM the Trebuchet has been overwritten and you had to reapply the patch. When you will install an official nightly you would have to reapply the patch too.

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
i might be wrong but i kind of vaguely remember something about needing 10 posts before a person could post there.

Domvillan

Jan 16, 2011
Is this still being worked on? And this should def be in development considering it may speak a little boost on development for the touchpad!

I'd be awesome to finally have something that's fully functioning CM9

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The camera update for CM9 nightlies

Download link:
    Starting from 20121217 official nightly no patches are needed.

Camera update for official nightly 20121209-20121216:
    http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/cmtouchpad/update-cm9-20121209-camera-fix.zip

Camera update for official nightly 20121118 - 20121202:
    http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/cmtou...-tenderloin-camera-preview15-for-official.zip

What is working:
    - preview
    - taking pictures
    - video recording
    Known issues:
    - preview aspect ratio

Reporting issues:
    - if you're running nightly older than 20121118 upgrade it to the latest one
    - don't report issues with apps other than stock Camera and Skype
    - yes, I know, the preview aspect ratio is wrong
    - provide the date of the nightly you are using
    - provide information if camera works under Web-OS
    - please provide the system log (logcat) from system start and camera app start

Changelog:
    preview1
    first release, taking pictures work, skype does not work, reboot required after closing the camera app to be able to take pictures again, blue screen

preview2
    skype works, no reboot required after closing camera app, blue screen, regression stock camera app may not take pictures

preview3
    fixed stock camera app in preview2

preview4
    stock camera app controls fixed, broken skype

preview5
    fixed skype broken in preview4

preview6
    fixed video recording

preview7

preview8
    preview rotation fixed in stock Camera app

preview9
    recording resolution is 640x480 now

preview10
    now we have libcamera built from source

preview11
    no more 3:1 memory split, now as update for official nightly

preview12
    no more blue screen

preview13
    potential segfaults fixed

preview15
    freeze & reboot issue fixed

Sources:
    https://github.com/Dorregaray

If you like my job you can donate me
    The preview 2 build is available:
    http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/cm-9-20120926-UNOFFICIAL-cam-preview2-tenderloin.zip

I have fixed the issue that after closing the camera app you had to reboot the device in order to make it working again. The skype is working now too (as I was told).
    preview7: http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/update-cm9-tenderloin-camera-preview7.zip (update for preview3)
    also available as full image (see OP)

changes:

the problems with video in certain games should be solved in this release.
    I have fixed the rotated preview issue in stock Camera cpp:
    preview8: http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/update-cm9-tenderloin-camera-preview8.zip (update for preview7 image)

let me know if it works for you. especially if it doesn't broke any third party apps
    I'm proud to present the preview11, now flashable update for official nightly:
    http://goo.im/devs/Dorregaray/update-cm9-tenderloin-camera-preview11-for-official.zip

No more separate camera builds.

The camera permissions fix has been merged a few minutes ago so the camera will work out of box from the next nightly. For older nightlies you have to fix the permissions manually (in terminal):
    chmod 666 /dev/msm_camera/*