Sony Xperia SP’s bug-fixing update (12.1.A.1.192) delayed by a month !

Search This thread

selmane24

Mar 25, 2014
A few days ago we informed readers that an Android 4.3 update that included some bug fixes was about to start rolling out for the Sony Xperia SP. French carrier SFR had announced that the firmware update to build 12.1.A.1.192 had been approved and would start rolling out later that day. This gave hope that the update would also arrive soon for other regions, but now the same carrier has confirmed that this Xperia SP update has been delayed.

This latest update will bring performance and stability improvements and it was hoped that it would also fix bugs from an earlier Android 4.3 update. Sadly the update failed to arrive as stated by SFR, and the carrier has now clarified the situation, saying that Sony has delayed the release by a month, pushing it back from March 21 to April 21. This is said to be because of an issue that Sony has identified.

At this stage we have no way of knowing whether the same update will eventually arrive or whether a new update will be certified, but we’ll be keeping a close eye on this and will keep you informed. We also recently reported on a petition that had been started to bring Android 4.4 to the Xperia SP, but this news about the latest 4.3 firmware update is bound to frustrate many Sony Xperia SP owners, especially those still plagued with problems from the earlier update.
Source: SFR

Last edited:

Bazilli

Oct 3, 2011
Oulu
Well, if Sony has found some issues from upgrade it's better test it through than just release another buggy one.

Last edited:

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
I think the carrier made a mistake between .166 and .192 . I have already heard about this carrier releasing updates long after official update. I think the one they were talking about was just the update from 4.1 to 4.3 ( I read the official post in French and it looked more like this )

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

ParaSense.

Sep 14, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
A few days ago we informed readers that an Android 4.3 update that included some bug fixes was about to start rolling out for the Sony Xperia SP. French carrier SFR had announced that the firmware update to build 12.1.A.1.192 had been approved and would start rolling out later that day. This gave hope that the update would also arrive soon for other regions, but now the same carrier has confirmed that this Xperia SP update has been delayed.

This latest update will bring performance and stability improvements and it was hoped that it would also fix bugs from an earlier Android 4.3 update. Sadly the update failed to arrive as stated by SFR, and the carrier has now clarified the situation, saying that Sony has delayed the release by a month, pushing it back from March 21 to April 21. This is said to be because of an issue that Sony has identified.

At this stage we have no way of knowing whether the same update will eventually arrive or whether a new update will be certified, but we’ll be keeping a close eye on this and will keep you informed. We also recently reported on a petition that had been started to bring Android 4.4 to the Xperia SP, but this news about the latest 4.3 firmware update is bound to frustrate many Sony Xperia SP owners, especially those still plagued with problems from the earlier update.

... At least flickering have to be fixed in this delay.. :/

zincir

Feb 18, 2014
Oh man, first of all the first update was released too soon because they knew they were behind so they tried to repay or delay further anger of their users by releasing if earlier. And now this new update that should finally work properly will be released god knows when.

I've been on 4.1 for 3 years now, before SP on my former xperia. In a year from now I'm a getting a new phone because the contract allows me that. So basically I can only hope to play with my SP 4.3 for less than a year which is really sad, and I regret my decision chosing it. To me the android version is all there is to phones nowadays, they are just displays running software..
:rolleyes:/rant finished

Last edited:

Drakomord

Dec 5, 2012
France
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
thats why samsung is 10 times better and is 1st on android mobile sales... but lets keep our rage and wait for update... and the w8 for kit kat (but i think they will never give us kitkat)

Thank you for your very constructive comment. :eek:

But, I don't like Samsung, because their design and plastic Samsung is not my thing... :rolleyes:
No doubt that Samsung makes better phones, but my heart beats for those of Sony.
Despite the problem of the updates, the rest is very good.
Sony him, has a very sober and simple purist modern design. And he keeps the aspect of Android AOSP with the touch of Sony. :angel:
Touchwiz is so... gayfriendly. Seriously, for my part.

I don't care of 4.4. If Sony can make the better 4.3 for the Xperia SP. I can skip KitKat. And if a day I want 4.4 for my Xperia SP, custom ROMs is here for that ! ;) :good:

Regards. :laugh:

Reactions: luis.torres

ParaSense.

Sep 14, 2013

But, I don't like Samsung, because their design and plastic Samsung is not my thing... :rolleyes:
No doubt that Samsung makes better phones, but my heart beats for those of Sony.
Sony him, has a very sober and simple purist modern design. And he keeps the aspect of Android AOSP with the touch of Sony. :angel:

I don't care of 4.4. If Sony can make the better 4.3 for the Xperia SP. I can skip KitKat. And if a day I want 4.4 for my Xperia SP, custom ROMs is here for that ! ;) :good:

exactly! I dont like samsung for design to.. i was always ericsson> sony ericsson> sony.. btw i think 4.4 will give 25k antutu as it will improve performance a lot .. ofc i will be ok with a bug-free 4.3 .. till then im happy with xperia pureness 4.1.2 and doomkernel v4.. smooth and perfect in everything it makes me love my sp! i can play asphalt 8 with max graphics without a spike.. :D

bago23

May 5, 2012
exactly! I dont like samsung for design to.. i was always ericsson> sony ericsson> sony.. btw i think 4.4 will give 25k antutu as it will improve performance a lot .. ofc i will be ok with a bug-free 4.3 .. till then im happy with xperia pureness 4.1.2 and doomkernel v4.. smooth and perfect in everything it makes me love my sp! i can play asphalt 8 with max graphics without a spike.. :D

i don't thnik that 4.4 will give 25k antutu score i tested many 4.4 cm based roms and none of them got higher than 23k

ParaSense.

Sep 14, 2013
i don't thnik that 4.4 will give 25k antutu score i tested many 4.4 cm based roms and none of them got higher than 23k

i said that cause stock 4.1.2 gives me 21- 21.5 antutu.. official 4.3 gives me 23 - 23.500 (rooted with many apps closed and flickering bug ofc).. and there is no official 4.4 yet.. i think official kernel will do the job.. idk maybe im wrong

Rui Oliveira 21

Apr 8, 2012
Braga
Firmware needed

i said that cause stock 4.1.2 gives me 21- 21.5 antutu.. official 4.3 gives me 23 - 23.500 (rooted with many apps closed and flickering bug ofc).. and there is no official 4.4 yet.. i think official kernel will do the job.. idk maybe im wrong

Kit Kat in Z1 gives lower results than 4.3, but overhall performance is way smoother =)

Btw, I bought a SP, unbranded, currently with 4.3 Global, I wonder, could you create a .ftf of 4.3 unbranded PT, or the previous firmware, if it has less bugs??
:victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

because You are fanboys... Sony peeing on you and you pretend that it is raining
    Well, if Sony has found some issues from upgrade it's better test it through than just release another buggy one.

They are talking about a "FOTA" issue, Or at least that was what I read earlier
    as long as they give us a bug free update, they can take as long as they need
    thats why samsung is 10 times better and is 1st on android mobile sales... but lets keep our rage and wait for update... and the w8 for kit kat (but i think they will never give us kitkat)