Search This thread

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
NEBULAE ROOTED ROM BASED ON
OFFICIAL HTC WWE ÉCLAIR 2.1 (RUU)

***ONLY FOR GSM HERO***

Description:

This ROM is just another ROM like most others out there... Yes, I'm late in the game and it does not have much more than most ROMs but that was not the intention either. It's also not this ROM's intention to compete with any other ROMs. This is just something I did for myself (that's why you can find some unusual features) which I decided to share cause some people might like my simple and basic changes.

My work is based in two other ROMs, MoDaCo from Paul O'Brien and VillainROM from TeamVillain. I respect their work and thank them for their hard work. Some things were literally copied from their ROMs to mine, but I give credit where credit is due; if you find something that you think it was copied, that's because it probably was, but I'm not doing this to take credit for their work.

Features:

• Based on Official HTC WWE Éclair 2.1 Update (RUU)
  • Rooted with Superuser 2.3.6.1 by ChainsDD
  • Missing locales from the official HTC update
    • en_PT, en_FI, fr_BE, fr_CH, pt_PT, nb_FI, da_FI, sv_FI
  • Fully deodexed for theming, hacking and extra space
  • Added Click'n'Drag to rearrange screens in Rosie/Sense
  • Long and comprehensive list of updated APNs
  • Added Dropbear support (SSH Server)
  • Added support for dalvik2cache script
  • Tweaked low memory management
  • Disabled boot animation sound
  • Included Linux tools:
    • BusyBox v1.15.3
    • SQLite v3.5.9
    • Bash v4.1
    • Nano v2.0.9
  • Included applications:
    • 3D Gallery v1.1.30682 (Froyo port)
  • Removed applications:
    • HTC Footprints
    • HTC Stocks
    • Teeter

How to install:
  • Wipe everything:
    • Data
    • Dalvik-cache
    • Battery Stats
    • Rotate Settings
  • Flash ROM via recovery mode.
  • Flash Radio via recovery mode (the phone will reboot twice, do not interrupt the process at any moment).
  • Reboot the system once after the initial boot.
I suggest to always reinstall the radio after flashing any ROM, I've had GPS problems in the past for not doing so. Either flash the one below or the one that suits you/your network better.

Downloads:

• It's somewhat impossible to thank every single person that contributes to the Android ROM development community. Kudos to everyone that does an amazing work and decides to share it with us.
  • Credits to Paul O'Brien for the missing locales (from Chunghwa 2.1 ROM), Nano and Click'n'Drag Rosie/Sense UI mod.
  • Credits to TeamVillain for the huge APNs list, Bash, low memory management tweak and dalvik2cache script.
  • That's all I can remember at the moment, sorry if I forgot something or someone important.

Disclaimer:

• I will not be held responsible for any damage to the phone and it's your responsibility to make the necessary backups before flashing this ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strato77

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
Patch for Nebulae ROM v0.1

NEBULAE ROM PATCH

***ONLY FOR GENERIC/DEODEX ROMS***

Description:

There were a couple of things I wanted to include in my ROM above but couldn't because of software limitations (more specifically, signatures). This patch allows that and you also have the choice to flash it or not.

This patch can probably be used on another ROMs (for the HTC Hero of course) if you like but I will not provide any support there. Just make sure the ROM is deodex or it will probably lead to unexpected results.

Features:
  • Removed shortcuts from Launcher:
    • Call History
    • Learn More
    • Phone
    • Search People
    • Settings
    • Setup Wizard
  • Removed vibration from the Calculator and Dialer apps
  • Fixed graphical glitches and unreadable colors in a tabbed interface
    • Example of original interface: image
    • Example of fixed interface: image

How to install:

• Just flash the patch zip file like any other ROM.

Downloads:

• Credits to JesusFreke for the amazing smali/baksmali tool.
  • Credits to brut.all for the amazing Apktool tool.
  • That's all I can remember at the moment, sorry if I forgot something or someone important.

Disclaimer:

• I will not be held responsible for any damage to the phone and it's your responsibility to make the necessary backups before flashing this ROM.

Last edited:

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
ROM & Patch Changelog

ROM Changelog:

• v1.1 (04/10/2010)
    • Updated ROM base to v3.32.405.2
    • Custom kernel with Perflock disabled removed (Flykernel is a much better alternative)
    • CPU tweaks removed (use SetCPU to do tweak CPU settings)
    • Low memory management tweak optimized (using the one from Villain ROM)
    • Added dalvik2cache script (from Villain ROM)
    • Removed Google Maps, Voice Search (download latest versions from Market)
    • Removed MarketAccess (download it here if you still need it)
    • Updated Superuser to v2.3.6.1
  • v1.0 (26/07/2010)
    • Initial public release

Patch Changelog:

• v0.2 (04/10/2010)
    • Updated ROM base to v3.32.405.2
  • v0.1 (26/07/2010)
    • Initial public release

Last edited:

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
your dates are ahead by a month, might want to check that :)
You got me thinking for moment what the hell is this guy talking about lol, thought it was something ROM related, than I noticed the changelog... Thanks :)

Might be a good idea to add the date to the title for reference.
Done... Although I don't expect to update this ROM much as I took my time to cook exactly as I wanted and testing it thoroughly. But mistakes happen all the time and you never know what more stupid bugs HTC left for us to fix.

Thank you all.

ZED_pt

Feb 20, 2008
Linda-a-Velha
Great post and nice patch,cleans almost everything we really dont need or have in other places.
Too bad for me it doesnt have footprints as i use it a lot,but you cant satisfy everyone and as you said it was build for your needs.

Welcome aboard,hope to see more work from you.

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
You can easily push it back (along with the widget) to the phone if you want. Of course, only if you really find this ROM more useful than the one you're currently using, otherwise don't bother :p

G

Geochelone

Nazgulled,

Could you please upload the freshly new Google Maps 4.4 only? I'd like to update mine to 4.4 but it seems certain apps are missing from Market for me right now, including Shazam, LauncherPro and etc.

Please?

Nevermind, the direct download is here: http://db.tt/0Mtbc3

Last edited:

d-e-a-d

Jul 12, 2007
Finally an Official WWE rom with locales fixed! Was waiting for a en_PT option for a long time without keyboard installations and tweaks!
Will try it!
Many thanks!

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
Finally an Official WWE rom with locales fixed! Was waiting for a en_PT option for a long time without keyboard installations and tweaks!
Will try it!
Many thanks!
I had released 2 versions already that supported the same, on based on the OTA, the other based on the RUU :p

can you make a patch so I can set the speed to 710Mhz with Overclock widget?
That needs to be supported in the kernel and I don't know how to do it...

d-e-a-d

Jul 12, 2007
I have 63.18.55.06PH_6.35.15.14 radio version.
Does 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11 suites better for our country?
Thanks in advance

rfgamaral

Nov 19, 2009
Porto
I have 63.18.55.06PH_6.35.15.14 radio version.
Does 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11 suites better for our country?
Thanks in advance
PH? Where did that one come from? I'm not sure that's newer though because PH comes before of PU and radios are normally versioned like that...

I'm not sure, I'm using 63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11 as that one came from the official update and haven't tested any others. The only way to tell is to keep using both for a long period of time and take some conclusions...

Found this now:
PH and PU are the same. Some Heros report the radio with an H and others with an U.

So, there's "2 new radios" right now and I have them both posted on the front page. The "PH" you're using is basically the one I posted for "orange users", which ends in 14.

Seriously, I don't know which one is better, i'm just using the first one and haven't really tested the other... If you do test both and find out the .14 is better than the .11, let me know :)

Last edited:

d-e-a-d

Jul 12, 2007
Think I found it on Villain's place as a new rom.
Think its working well, just don't know about battery because I'm always using the phone and charging it a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEBULAE ROOTED ROM BASED ON
    OFFICIAL HTC WWE ÉCLAIR 2.1 (RUU)

***ONLY FOR GSM HERO***

Description:

This ROM is just another ROM like most others out there... Yes, I'm late in the game and it does not have much more than most ROMs but that was not the intention either. It's also not this ROM's intention to compete with any other ROMs. This is just something I did for myself (that's why you can find some unusual features) which I decided to share cause some people might like my simple and basic changes.

My work is based in two other ROMs, MoDaCo from Paul O'Brien and VillainROM from TeamVillain. I respect their work and thank them for their hard work. Some things were literally copied from their ROMs to mine, but I give credit where credit is due; if you find something that you think it was copied, that's because it probably was, but I'm not doing this to take credit for their work.

Features:

• Based on Official HTC WWE Éclair 2.1 Update (RUU)
    • Rooted with Superuser 2.3.6.1 by ChainsDD
    • Missing locales from the official HTC update
      • en_PT, en_FI, fr_BE, fr_CH, pt_PT, nb_FI, da_FI, sv_FI
    • Fully deodexed for theming, hacking and extra space
    • Added Click'n'Drag to rearrange screens in Rosie/Sense
    • Long and comprehensive list of updated APNs
    • Added Dropbear support (SSH Server)
    • Added support for dalvik2cache script
    • Tweaked low memory management
    • Disabled boot animation sound
    • Included Linux tools:
      • BusyBox v1.15.3
      • SQLite v3.5.9
      • Bash v4.1
      • Nano v2.0.9
    • Included applications:
      • 3D Gallery v1.1.30682 (Froyo port)
    • Removed applications:
      • HTC Footprints
      • HTC Stocks
      • Teeter

How to install:
    • Wipe everything:
      • Data
      • Dalvik-cache
      • Battery Stats
      • Rotate Settings
    • Flash ROM via recovery mode.
    • Flash Radio via recovery mode (the phone will reboot twice, do not interrupt the process at any moment).
    • Reboot the system once after the initial boot.
    I suggest to always reinstall the radio after flashing any ROM, I've had GPS problems in the past for not doing so. Either flash the one below or the one that suits you/your network better.

Downloads:

• It's somewhat impossible to thank every single person that contributes to the Android ROM development community. Kudos to everyone that does an amazing work and decides to share it with us.
    • Credits to Paul O'Brien for the missing locales (from Chunghwa 2.1 ROM), Nano and Click'n'Drag Rosie/Sense UI mod.
    • Credits to TeamVillain for the huge APNs list, Bash, low memory management tweak and dalvik2cache script.

Disclaimer: