Search This thread

wilriker

Feb 26, 2008
I used the following commands to get the raw dump files:
pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part00 0 0x31f000 Part00.raw
pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part01 0 0x3c0000 Part01.raw
pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part02 0 0x54a0000 Part02.raw
pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -b 0x800 -p Part03 0 0x7740000 Part03.raw

First use pdocread -l to get the exact positions of the described parts (marked in bold)

Thanks, will this backup the Radio even?

AFAIK: No

Part00: (don't know but too small for radio)
Part01: XIP (OS Kernel-like part)
Part02: customization of ROM (i.e. language files, integrated programs and components)
Part03: storage memory of the device (i.e. the part of memory where you install your programs etc.)

nokiolino

Mar 11, 2008
There are many posts, how to install rom, radio, what is hard-spl, etc...

Here is a little help:

[...]

@fktsndr: Thank you SO much! This is exactly what i'm looking for! 'cause i've entered pda world just 15 days ago.

I've just upgraded my polaris to hard spl + wm6.1 (new rom) + new radio rom and all goes well.

Is there a "reputation" mechanism on this forum?

Note: your english is better than mine :)

Last edited:

Jersey_Sean

Feb 23, 2008
I now that this is a stupid question but I have tried to find the answer but when you say 'unpack to a folder' (rom & radio), which folder should it go to . I have downloaded the .rar files but don't know where to put the so they are picked up by flashing process.

fktsndr

Jun 18, 2007
I now that this is a stupid question but I have tried to find the answer but when you say 'unpack to a folder' (rom & radio), which folder should it go to . I have downloaded the .rar files but don't know where to put the so they are picked up by flashing process.

You should use for example 7-zip, It is a free and can handle rar files. Open the rar file with it, and you can set the folder to extract.

swatguard

Apr 11, 2008
Bucharest
Boot loader

I tryed to install a cooked rom on my touch cruise but the device doesn't remain on boot (with the colors on) . I don't understand how to update to a newer cooked rom from that state, i did exactly as it was posted on the thread but the setup does not start.

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks in advance

fktsndr

Jun 18, 2007
I tryed to install a cooked rom on my touch cruise but the device doesn't remain on boot (with the colors on) . I don't understand how to update to a newer cooked rom from that state, i did exactly as it was posted on the thread but the setup does not start.

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks in advance

In this case, you did not exactly the posted method;)

So..

Press and hold camer button. Press reset with stylus for a second (but do not release camera button, until you will see the bootlader)

swatguard

Apr 11, 2008
Bucharest
I succeded installing the cooked rom, i still haven't succeded keeping the polaris into "bootloader mode", it was in "windows" when i installed the new rom, the operation was succesful, i am very happy with the new rom. Thanks for all the info.

ygeordy

Feb 14, 2008
Thanks to Olipro, Cmonex, Pawel062 and Abbsta

Note: use restore spl only in warranty situation. Hard-spl is much more safe than original spl!

So:
I adwice first flash the offical rom. (step manually to bootloader, after start the RomUpdateUtiliy)

Restore original SPL:

Download the attached originalspl.zip (it is from the offical WWE HTC rom)
Unpack it to a folder.
Connect your PDA to PC, and be sure Active Sync can connect to it.
Start the RomUpdate Utility from the folder.
You will see the tricolor screen on you pda, and device will ask you to Replug USB cable. DO IT!
After a few seconds original spl is restored. (this will restore only spl, not flash the full rom)
You can check it to enter manually to bootloader.
You have to see this in tricolor:
POLA100 (or POLA200)
SPL-1.25.0000
CPLD-2

Do it to your own risk!

Hi!

First when I flashed my phone I loaded Hard SPL according with instructions and all went ok. Now something is wrong with Windows (won't start) and I'm trying to load back the original SPL but after the progress bar is 100% when I start it is still
POLA100 MFG
SPL-2.20.OliNex
CPLD-2

instead of
POLA100 (or POLA200)
SPL-1.25.0000
CPLD-2
and I can not load succesfully any ROM. Can somebody help me please ?
Even if I try to HARD SPL again, I can not see the step with "plug in usb cable" ... the progress bar goes to 100% and the result is the same.

Any ideas ?
Please help.
Thanks

t047554

Dec 11, 2007
Hi I have a question, I have done the first part Hard-SPL evething is fine, but know:
Code:
How to install cooked rom.

Download the cooked rom, and unpack it to a folder.
STEP MANUALLY to bootloader. (Press and hold camera button and press reset)
You will see a tricolor screen on you PDA, and you have to see SPL-2.20.Olinex string.
Now connect your PDA to PC.
From the Hard-spl folder, run RomUpdateUtility.exe, or Rom.exe, (Next, Next….)
The screen will be grey, and a few minutes later the new rom will be installed.
(After rom flash Hard Reset is strongly recommended)
I have the rom from bepe in one folder and the Hard-spl in another folder how can choose the rom from bepe ? I must use the rom.exe from the folder of the bepe rom ?
Thanks

Last edited:

fktsndr

Jun 18, 2007
Hi I have a question, I have done the first part Hard-SPL evething is fine, but know:
Code:
How to install cooked rom.

Download the cooked rom, and unpack it to a folder.
STEP MANUALLY to bootloader. (Press and hold camera button and press reset)
You will see a tricolor screen on you PDA, and you have to see SPL-2.20.Olinex string.
Now connect your PDA to PC.
From the Hard-spl folder, run RomUpdateUtility.exe, or Rom.exe, (Next, Next….)
The screen will be grey, and a few minutes later the new rom will be installed.
(After rom flash Hard Reset is strongly recommended)
I have the rom from bepe in one folder and the Hard-spl in another folder how can choose the rom from bepe ? I must use the rom.exe from the folder of the bepe rom ?
Thanks

Yes, Bepe use Rom.exe...Hard-spl use Romupdateutiliy.exe.

reyjabs

Aug 27, 2007
Thanks to Olipro, Cmonex, Pawel062 and Abbsta

Note: use restore spl only in warranty situation. Hard-spl is much more safe than original spl!

So:
I adwice first flash the offical rom. (step manually to bootloader, after start the RomUpdateUtiliy)

Restore original SPL:

Download the attached originalspl.zip (it is from the offical WWE HTC rom)
Unpack it to a folder.
Connect your PDA to PC, and be sure Active Sync can connect to it.
Start the RomUpdate Utility from the folder.
You will see the tricolor screen on you pda, and device will ask you to Replug USB cable. DO IT!
After a few seconds original spl is restored. (this will restore only spl, not flash the full rom)
You can check it to enter manually to bootloader.
You have to see this in tricolor:
POLA100 (or POLA200)
SPL-1.25.0000
CPLD-2

Do it to your own risk!

Hi fktsndr!

Is there any possibilities that this procedure can be done via MicroSD?

reyjabs

Aug 27, 2007
Sorry I do not know....I use only these methods...
(but I do not think so...restore spl use jump spl. If you use card method u will use hard-spl on your pda, not the jump-spl, and in this case you will not be able to overwrite hard-spl, because it is used)

But there are threads:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=384350
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=384084

Maybe they can help...

Thanks for the reply. Actually, i've seen those threads already, unfortunately, there's no definitive reply in those threads.:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts